• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems that Walmart is starting to take preorders for the Wii U. It's 50$ for the console (Basic or Deluxe) and you can also preorder NSMBU / Nintendo Land for 5$. I think most Walmarts got cards that you have to show to the cashier, but in Québec you actually have to ask the clerks for them, since there's no cards.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Saaaaame here, but I might buy & trade Lollipop Chainsaw for it on Sunday. Maybe.

I was thinking about the same thing. What's the return policy like on trade ins though? Might just buy it straight out and return my shipped copy to avoid anymore hassle.

ohlawd

Is there a good chance Style Savvy Trendsetters on the 22nd will get the trade 1/get it free treatment? Might hold on to my copy of NSMB2 until then.

Totally doing that Lollipop Chainsaw deal for Black 2 if my two local Best Buys actually had it in stock. I'll give them a call tomorrow :s

zroid

Banned
I was thinking about the same thing. What's the return policy like on trade ins though? Might just buy it straight out and return my shipped copy to avoid anymore hassle.

Not certain, but my best guess is they would give you a gift card for the normal TIV of the game you traded. So... not too good.

If I decide to do the Lollipop trade, I'd just return my pre-ordered copy normally, I think. Got it for $25 w/ 800RZ, but $20 upfront is still preferable to me. Also I guess I could try and PM it at Future Shop and get it for $17.

iphys

Ugh, just made the mistake of looking at RFD and saw someone bragging about pre-ordering 50 Wii U systems -- think I'm going to be sick. I don't even think the Wii U is going to be a really high-demand iitem, but if everyone just decides to buy them all up and hold them hostage from the legitimate buyers that want them, I guess they can create the illusion that it's in high demand to try to scam people to pay them extra for them. I hope no one seriously wants a Wii U enough to pay above retail, and all these jerks waste their time having to return them.

zroid

Banned
I dropped by FS hoping to PM Lollipop Chainsaw. All gone :(

Whatever, it wasn't that much better of a deal than I was getting from Best Buy anyway.

Great idea, I'll take a copy with me to Wal-Mart, it's a print flyer so... :D

People at rfd had little problems price matching Tiger Woods 13 when it was on sale at sdm.

I dropped by FS hoping to PM Lollipop Chainsaw. All gone :(

Whatever, it wasn't that much better of a deal than I was getting from Best Buy anyway.

I wouldn't have bothered. If you weren't getting 800 rz points, it would be different story.

SickBoy

Ugh, just made the mistake of looking at RFD and saw someone bragging about pre-ordering 50 Wii U systems -- think I'm going to be sick. I don't even think the Wii U is going to be a really high-demand iitem, but if everyone just decides to buy them all up and hold them hostage from the legitimate buyers that want them, I guess they can create the illusion that it's in high demand to try to scam people to pay them extra for them. I hope no one seriously wants a Wii U enough to pay above retail, and all these jerks waste their time having to return them.

Yeah, I think there's a big question as to whether this will be the second coming of the Wii or the second coming of the PS3.

That is, the way I saw it, the Wii was driven by real shortage -- the PS3 was constrained by profiteers but ultimately was pretty available (or at least not drastically inflated) leading into Christmas.

I've got a system preordered and I'm really not sure what I want to do with it. I'd like to keep it, but I have a ton of other games I can play. If it winds up in short supply I'd be tempted to take a profit on it, though I'm kinda reluctant to be that guy.

cjkeats

I got 3 Wii U's pre-ordered, at EB, FS and Wal-mart, and I'm waiting to see who does the midnight launch in my city. If no one, then I'm cancelling the others and going to Wal-Mart when it opens at 7am, because nothing else opens until 12pm on Sunday.

zroid

Banned
I might buy B2 tomorrow at Toys R Us to get the dumb coin thing.

Hopefully I can keep the coin when I return my pre-ordered copy to them on Tuesday.

Well, I finally picked up a copy of Uncharted 3 at Shoppers... in Burlington.

I was driving through town, saw one and stopped in, and got the last copy.

Now to play it when I get some free time...

Omzz

Damn...I'm so tempted to just pick up a copy of Pokemon in store lol. Gotta wait till Tuesday for it to be delivered

Anyone know how to root at Samsung Galaxy S3 that's on Rogers?

I read that the standard rooting method is meant for the international model, and not a carrier locked one.

I'm planning a trip, and would like to unlock my phone.

I don't trust those sites that do remote unlock...

Giard

Guys, just a warning: videogamesplus.ca has security problems. When all usernames, password and addresses leaked, they took a while to admit the problem and they never did anything to compensate us. They stopped answering e-mails, and they hoped everyone would forget.

Quick

Banned
Do Bell iPhone 4Ses use micro sim cards, and are there any hardware differences between the iPhone 4S models between each carrier? A friend of mine is looking to buy one unlocked, and I'm 90% sure it'll work just fine if we just pick up a micro sim card from Bell.

cjkeats

Do Bell iPhone 4Ses use micro sim cards, and are there any hardware differences between the iPhone 4S models between each carrier? A friend of mine is looking to buy one unlocked, and I'm 90% sure it'll work just fine if we just pick up a micro sim card from Bell.

Yes micro SIM, no difference between hardware.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No tax day tomorrow at SDM when you spend $50, or more. Pretty tempted to pick up my 3DS XL now, but rumour is December 1st will be a Super Redemption day.

Jessicat

Guys, just a warning: videogamesplus.ca has security problems. When all usernames, password and addresses leaked, they took a while to admit the problem and they never did anything to compensate us. They stopped answering e-mails, and they hoped everyone would forget.
Wait, when did this happen? I never even knew about it (though I only made 1 order online before realizing it was local enough for me to take the bus down there instead).

So I'm thinking of getting either an iPhone 4s or an iPhone 5.

I'm 99% sure my contract is up with Rogers now (got a 3 year when I bought the 3GS about 9 months after it launched).

What would you guys suggest I do in order to get the best deal? Are Rogers, Bell, and Telus the only three that offer the iPhone 5? I'm in Vancouver/Victoria btw.

In terms of use, I barely use voice (calling) at all - it's mainly text and largely data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom