• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneself

WOW. I am trying to buy Halo 4 on futureshop.ca but it keeps telling me I cannot purchase the English version due to Quebec language legislation. WHAT THE FUCK. I do not want to buy the French version. Isn't it my right as a Canadian citizen to buy the version I prefer? This is completely ridiculous.

Just don't click on the "french version".
I guess this is what you were looking for, it works fine here:
Halo 4 en anglais edition.

And BTW, la loi s'applique seulement sur "l'affichage du produit". Les boites doivent donc être bilingues, mais le contenu/jeu peut être en anglais seulement.
Bing translate that.

Deadly

I think this is the problem
Currently, our suppliers and/or manufacturers are only providing this product in English which is not in compliance with the Quebec language legislation. Therefore, it is not available for shipping within the province of Quebec. Customers within Quebec may still purchase this product as long as it is shipped to a province outside of Quebec.

And BTW, la loi s'applique seulement sur "l'affichage du produit". Les boites doivent donc être bilingues, mais le contenu/jeu peut être en anglais seulement.
Bing translate that.

You have to understand I do not click the french version. Even following your link, here's what I'm prompted with:

VqLDo.jpg

zroid

Banned
Couple deals at Toys R Us tomorrow night. $150 for a PlayStation 3D display, and $25 off 3DS ($145) and 3DS XL systems ($175).

For anyone that hasn't preordered a wiiu yet, apparently futureshop.ca is still taking basic preordera. According to a rep on their forums they will stop taking preorders when their allotment is reached. This means that you should get one within launch time.

cjkeats

Anywhere I can get a new PS2 slim for $100? I would expect them to be easily available but even on ebay the cheapest is like $150.

I went looking a few months ago and couldn't find anything. Best bet is to try looking in department stores like Zellers or something that usually has old stock, they may have one lying around.

Giard

One of my friends is having the same problem with Halo 4. Trying to find a solution.
I pre-ordered the English version this summer, they haven't cancelled my order... yet.

isny

napkin dispenser
Today is the last day to get the ET Blu Ray Steelbook for $15 at FS. Just a heads up as it's an awesome deal.

SickBoy

Today is the last day to get the ET Blu Ray Steelbook for $15 at FS. Just a heads up as it's an awesome deal.

I was thinking of ordering for in-store pickup... looks like there's now a "reservation" system in its place. Anyone have any experience with it? I don't know that I'll be able to get there today, and no point in reserving for full price.

Vamphuntr

Bing translate that.

Malheureusement Futureshop semble appliquer un règlement spécial car ce n'est pas la première fois que ça arrive avec eux. Ils ont déjà annulé ma commande de Kingdom of Amalur et il a fallu que je le recommande à nouveau mais en français. Au moins j'avais pu récupérer et réutiliser mon coupon de Tsilon.

Which is funny since they usually have both version of the games in stores. The sad thing is that it only affects 360 releases most of the time as the PS3 versions usually contain more than one language on their bluray. On 360 you get many different translations for the text on the disk, but usually only 1 language track. Some exception exists though (Blue Dragon, LO, RE6).

You can order it from Amazon.ca or any other retailers without any issue. Maybe FS has a special deal with the government or something. Sears is still doing the same with some of their products in their catalog.

isny

napkin dispenser
I was thinking of ordering for in-store pickup... looks like there's now a "reservation" system in its place. Anyone have any experience with it? I don't know that I'll be able to get there today, and no point in reserving for full price.

The system still works the same. You pay whatever price is shown at the time of the reservation.

Today is also the last day for T1G1 for Pokemon Black/White, so if you have yet to do your trade, go in tonight and get er done. Those copies of Skyward Sword are coming in handy =D

Quadratic

Here's a $20 off tsilon.ca preorder code for Halo 4
Must be made via futureshop.ca and no in store pick up. And please post in the thread if you used the code. Thanks.

Quote to reveal:

You have to understand I do not click the french version. Even following your link, here's what I'm prompted with:

VqLDo.jpg

hey was that the code I sent you a few days ago? maybe it has something to do with me being from BC. do those tsilon.ca codes differ from province to province?

Maybe you should ask the Misters over at tsilon.ca why this is happening.

zroid

Banned
Wii U is finally coming to Canada

Here are all the gory details

We are taking Wii U™ on the road to give Canadians a chance to play the system before it hits stores on November 18th. Be one of the first to experience Wii U, including the integrated GamePad controller, HD graphics, and innovative games you won’t want to miss. See the tour schedule below for times and locations.

Discover Wii U Tour schedule:

Please check back often for updated locations and times.

British Columbia

December 7th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Future Shop, Lansdowne Centre, 102-5300 No.3 Road, Richmond

December 8th from 11:00am-6:00pm, TD Square NW corner of Granville Street & W Georgia Street Vancouver

December 9th from 11:00am-3:00pm, TD Square, NW corner of Granville Street & W Georgia Street Vancouver, Vancouver

Alberta

November 30th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Future Shop, Northland Village, 420-5111 Northland Drive NW, Calgary

December 1st from1:00pm-9:00pm, The Calgary Zoo, 1300 Zoo Road NE, Calgary

Manitoba

November 23rd from 11:00am-6:00pm, Future Shop, St. James Station North, 850 St. James Street, Winnipeg

November 24th from 11:00am-6:00pm, The Forks Market (Market Plaza next to Johnson Terminal), 1 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg

November 25th from 11:00am-3:00pm, The Forks Market (Market Plaza next to Johnson Terminal)1 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg

Ontario

October 19th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Best Buy-Leaside, 147 Laird Drive, Toronto

October 20th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Yonge & Dundas Square, Toronto

October 21st from 11:00am-3:00pm, Yonge & Dundas Square, Toronto

November 1st from 4:00pm-8:00pm, Best Buy, 380 Coventry Road, Ottawa

November 2nd from 11:00am-6:00pm, Future Shop, 2210 Bank Street, First Pro South Keys, Ottawa

November 3rd from 11:00am-6:00pm, Byward Market (On George Street next to Rideau Shopping Centre), 55 Byward Market Square, Ottawa

November 4th from 11:00am-3:00pm, Byward Market (On George Street next to Rideau Shopping Centre), 55 Byward Market Square, Ottawa

November 8th from 4:00pm-8:00pm, Best Buy, 1-1735 Richmond Street, London

November 9th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Future Shop, 1051 Wellington Road, London

November 10th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Santa Claus Parade Downtown (next to parade route at east end of Gore Park), South Leg of King Street East between Hughston Street and John Street, Hamilton

November 16th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Future Shop, Heartland Town Centre, 2-5900 Mavis Road, Mississauga

November 17th from 10:00am-5:00pm, Toronto Zoo, 2000 Meadowvale Road, Toronto

Quebec

October 25th from 4:00pm-8:00pm, Best Buy Centre Laval, 1560, boul Le Corbusier, Laval

October 26th from 11:00am-6:00pm, Future Shop, March Centrale Metropolitan, A9-1001 rue du March Central, Montreal

October 27th from 11:00am-6:00pm, St.James Church, 463 Ste-Catherine Street West, Montreal

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/0I8Dr5t-TVcJE_vZ3uLReu7ag0FESArS

iphys

BC got shafted in the events. Aren't we one of the best provinces ever? >_>

Could be worse -- you could be from Atlantic Canada and be totally forgotten. Hmmm, I guess they're not counting on the Wii U being sold out everywhere on launch day; otherwise, there'd be no point in still trying to drum up interest by holding post-launch events.

zroid

Banned
It does say to "check back often for updated locations". There may be hope yet for the Atlantic provinces...
like in January lol

iphys

It does say to "check back often for updated locations". There may be hope yet for the Atlantic provinces...
like in January lol

Lol, they never even brought the tour for the 3DS, and that was way more important to see in person to see if the 3D effect was satisfying.

Sora_N

Nice a birthday tour for me in BC. My bday is Dec 5th lol. It's good because I probably won't get Wii U at launch, but I think my friend is getting one so I'm gonna play at his house for 3 weeks before the tour. Yay!

Sora_N

My office is actually 2 buildings next to Nintendo...I should ask them what's up, lol. Or maybe...they have WiiU's sitting in their offices.

Best Buy had Batman AC: Game of the Year edition for 29.99$ (saw 360 one and includes all dlc plus Batman Year One movie) this week and Halo Anniversary is 29.99$ at futureshop till the 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom