• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphys

They fixed it!

jYvnT918DIMt7.png

Mine got fixed too. Well, at least that saves me the trouble of complaining.

zroid

Banned
$24.99.... what have I missed? Was this a FS pre-order deal months back?

If so, then no sweat. There are very few games I'd pay for that far in advance.

It was about a month ago at BB, actually. Although you probably know this, but when you pre-order games online you don't actually "pay" until the time of shipment. If you can be bothered to keep track of your pre-orders, then putting one down during a discount is usually preferable, as you always have the opportunity to either cancel before the item is shipped, or return afterwards.

Socreges

Banned
It was about a month ago at BB, actually. Although you probably know this, but when you pre-order games online you don't actually "pay" until the time of shipment. If you can be bothered to keep track of your pre-orders, then putting one down during a discount is usually preferable, as you always have the opportunity to either cancel before the item is shipped, or return afterwards.
Right. I thought it might be a special deal where you only get the reduced price if you pay in full.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What are some of the best tablets out there that support Splashtop and work well with it? (IMHO only Android and iOS support Splashtop). I know a few, but no idea which ones are best. Was thinking of getting an iPad 3 once the iPad 4 comes out (since I already own an iDevice with lots of stuff associated with it), but maybe alternatives are actually better/cheaper?

Fularu

Banned
What are some of the best tablets out there that support Splashtop and work well with it? (IMHO only Android and iOS support Splashtop). I know a few, but no idea which ones are best. Was thinking of getting an iPad 3 once the iPad 4 comes out (since I already own an iDevice with lots of stuff associated with it), but maybe alternatives are actually better/cheaper?

Look into the Acer Iconia TAB700, it gets as low as 399 and is a beast for the price.

zroid

Banned
Card was *finally* charged for my Code of Princess pre-order at Best Buy. And it's in stock now.

Still not sure if I'm gonna keep it, but good to know I'll be in control of that decision. :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just got an e-mail from FS about my ACIII order from the tsilon E3 deal offering me the steel book as well. Nice. IIRC on my previous E3 deal orders they never gave or offered me the steel book if there was one.

zroid

Banned
Just got an e-mail from FS about my ACIII order from the tsilon E3 deal offering me the steel book as well. Nice. IIRC on my previous E3 deal orders they never gave or offered me the steel book if there was one.

Neat, usually they don't.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll send me the NSMBU steelbook.

Sora_N

So FS has trade 3 for the Skylanders Giants promo pack (on the website) but the flyer says 2 for owners pack.

I don't think it'll be worth it for me since I only have 1 qualifying game, I don't think I can find 2 other ones for cheap enough.

Just got this as well and completed my order for the free steelbook. Woohoo

Quadratic

So FS has trade 3 for the Skylanders Giants promo pack (on the website) but the flyer says 2 for owners pack.

I don't think it'll be worth it for me since I only have 1 qualifying game, I don't think I can find 2 other ones for cheap enough.

Thanks for the tip, but I think bestbuy.ca's $5 off the starter pack is the best I can do. I'm worried it will be impossible to find it during Christmas.

Quick

Banned
http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/weeklyad/images/10-19-2012-weekly-ad-en-p1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn, not bad. There's also the Wal Mart deal to consider for MOH.

I noticed that EB took out the restriction for games having to be a minimum of $8 in trade value, and I can claim it as valid, since I recently traded in a bunch of old games (Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed), and got 30% towards ACIII. Both are below that $8 minimum.

In that MOH trade-in deal, it does say "1 select game", and I'm not seeing any limits on the fine print. Is the "select game" referring to their Most Wanted list?

And speaking of ACIII again, since a re-placed my pre-order, I got another Steelbook.

This is the EB list for MoH:

Code:
Amazing Spiderman PS3
Amazing Spiderman Wii
Amazing SPiderman Xbox360
AR Tonelico: Knell/ciel PS3
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland PS3
Borderlands 2 PS3
Borderlands 2 Xbox360
COD: MW3 PS3
COD: MW3 Xbox360
COD: MW3 Wii
COD: MW3 French PS3
COD: MW3 French Xbox360
COD: MW3 French Wii
COD War Collections Xbox 360
Darksiders 2 PS3
Darksiders 2 Xbox360
Dead or Alive 5 PS3
Dead or Alive 5 Xbox360
Dirt Showdown PS3
Dirt Showdown Xbox360
Disgaea 4 PS3
Dishonored PS3
Dishonored Xbox360
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii
Dragon's Dogma PS3
Dragon's Dogma Xbox360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim PS3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Xbox360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim French Xbox360
F1 2012 PS3
F1 2012 Xbox360
Forza 4 Xbox360
Goldeneye Reloaded PS3
Goldeneye Reloaded Xbox360
Hyperdimension Neptunia PS3
Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 PS3
Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge Xbox360
Kinect Star Wars Xbox360
Kirby's Return to Dreamland Wii
Last Story Wii
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii
London 2012 Olympics Xbox360
Madden NFL 13 PS3
Madden NFL 13 Wii
Madden NFL 13 Xbox360
Mario and Sonic at London 2012 Olympics Wii
Mario Party 9 Wii
Mario Sports Mix Wii
NBA 2k13 PS3
NBA 2k13 Xbox 360
NCAA Football 13 PS3
NCAA Football 13 Xbox 360
New Super Mario Bros Wii
NHL 13 PS3
NHL 13 Xbox360
Persona 4 Arena PS3
Persona 4 Arena Xbox360
Pixar Rush Xbox360
Pokepark 2 Wii
Port Royale 3 PS3
Prototype 2 PS3
Prototype 2 Xbox360
Prototype 2 French Xbox360
Record of Agarest War 2 PS3
Resident Evil 6 PS3
Resident Evil 6 Xbox360
Rune Factory Tides of Destiny PS3
Silent Hill Downpour PS3
Silent Hill Downpour Xbox360
Sniper Elite 2 PS3
Sniper Elite 2 Xbox360
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii
Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 PS3
Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Xbox360
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PS3
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Xbox360
Warriors Orochi 3 Xbox360
Xenoblade Chronicles Wii
XCOM PS3
Xcom Xbox360

So...it works like this?

I can take my old copy of MW3 for 360, trade it in for $50 towards MoH. Pay the extra $10. Open the package, walk back in the store and trade in MoH back for $50 towards AC3? Or would I just get $49 back?

Spazo

This is the EB list for MoH:

Code:
Amazing Spiderman PS3
Amazing Spiderman Wii
Amazing SPiderman Xbox360
AR Tonelico: Knell/ciel PS3
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland PS3
Borderlands 2 PS3
Borderlands 2 Xbox360
COD: MW3 PS3
COD: MW3 Xbox360
COD: MW3 Wii
COD: MW3 French PS3
COD: MW3 French Xbox360
COD: MW3 French Wii
COD War Collections Xbox 360
Darksiders 2 PS3
Darksiders 2 Xbox360
Dead or Alive 5 PS3
Dead or Alive 5 Xbox360
Dirt Showdown PS3
Dirt Showdown Xbox360
Disgaea 4 PS3
Dishonored PS3
Dishonored Xbox360
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii
Dragon's Dogma PS3
Dragon's Dogma Xbox360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim PS3
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Xbox360
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim French Xbox360
F1 2012 PS3
F1 2012 Xbox360
Forza 4 Xbox360
Goldeneye Reloaded PS3
Goldeneye Reloaded Xbox360
Hyperdimension Neptunia PS3
Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 PS3
Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge Xbox360
Kinect Star Wars Xbox360
Kirby's Return to Dreamland Wii
Last Story Wii
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii
London 2012 Olympics Xbox360
Madden NFL 13 PS3
Madden NFL 13 Wii
Madden NFL 13 Xbox360
Mario and Sonic at London 2012 Olympics Wii
Mario Party 9 Wii
Mario Sports Mix Wii
NBA 2k13 PS3
NBA 2k13 Xbox 360
NCAA Football 13 PS3
NCAA Football 13 Xbox 360
New Super Mario Bros Wii
NHL 13 PS3
NHL 13 Xbox360
Persona 4 Arena PS3
Persona 4 Arena Xbox360
Pixar Rush Xbox360
Pokepark 2 Wii
Port Royale 3 PS3
Prototype 2 PS3
Prototype 2 Xbox360
Prototype 2 French Xbox360
Record of Agarest War 2 PS3
Resident Evil 6 PS3
Resident Evil 6 Xbox360
Rune Factory Tides of Destiny PS3
Silent Hill Downpour PS3
Silent Hill Downpour Xbox360
Sniper Elite 2 PS3
Sniper Elite 2 Xbox360
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii
Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 PS3
Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Xbox360
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PS3
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Xbox360
Warriors Orochi 3 Xbox360
Xenoblade Chronicles Wii
XCOM PS3
Xcom Xbox360

damn I dont have any of those

Spazo

So...it works like this?

I can take my old copy of MW3 for 360, trade it in for $50 towards MoH. Pay the extra $10. Open the package, walk back in the store and trade in MoH back for $50 towards AC3? Or would I just get $49 back?

you would get 59$ for MoH

Deadly

So...it works like this?

I wanted to do the same thing. Any cheap obtainable games in the list?

Sora_N

I found a copy of MW3 for $25 on craigslist, so I can potentially get ZoE LE for $35. Not bad at all.

Edit: so im constantly reminded why i hate dealing on craigs, this guy decided he didnt want to sell it anymore. I found a copy of dkc instead so still works out for me.

Pharros

Hey guys, I plan on using a monitor and computer speaker set up for my Wii U when it comes out, and I need some sort of converter to make it work.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1607391&CatId=3667

Is the best I can really find. Anyone have any suggestions/sites/other products? Of course Canadian sites and stores are what I'm hoping for.

*I hope this isn't too general as it does relate to gaming, just not an actual video game.

Firestorm

Hey guys, I plan on using a monitor and computer speaker set up for my Wii U when it comes out, and I need some sort of converter to make it work.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1607391&CatId=3667

Is the best I can really find. Anyone have any suggestions/sites/other products? Of course Canadian sites and stores are what I'm hoping for.

*I hope this isn't too general as it does relate to gaming, just not an actual video game.
Just get a monitor with HDMI input and an audio output (or headphone jack) for plugging your speakers into. It doesn't need anything else.

Pharros

Just get a monitor with HDMI input and an audio output (or headphone jack) for plugging your speakers into. It doesn't need anything else.

That would be much easier if the monitor wasn't a gift from about 6 months ago. Definitely cannot afford another at the moment :(

RS4-

I guess it depends on how the Wiiu handles multiple outputs. If it's like the ps3/360 where you can have the hdmi and video cables outputting at the same time, you can just get some $6 adapter and a $3 hdmi-vga (or dvi) cable.

Wiiu >
- video out - red/white audio to adapter - speakers
- hdmi-vga/dvi cable to monitor

The adapter looks like this:
12087.jpg

Its what I did when my monitor didn't have HDMI.

Pharros

I guess it depends on how the Wiiu handles multiple outputs. If it's like the ps3/360 where you can have the hdmi and video cables outputting at the same time, you can just get some $6 adapter and a $3 hdmi-vga (or dvi) cable.

Wiiu >
- video out - red/white audio to adapter - speakers
- hdmi-vga/dvi cable to monitor

The adapter looks like this:
12087.jpg

Its what I did when my monitor didn't have HDMI.

I had no idea the PS3 and 360 did that. Interesting... I guess I'll wait to get my Wii U before making a purchase if it can save some money. Thanks!

iphys

I got an RCA to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter on eBay for a few bucks to use with my Wii because my monitor doesn't have audio input other than through HDMI. What video inputs does your monitor have, because maybe you could just use a Wii component cable and get some sort of adapter to hook that up to your monitor? You should still be able to do 1080p over component, so it's not like it's really necessary to use the HDMI connection, although the Wii U only comes packaged with the HDMI cable and not the Wii component cable if you don't already happen to own one for your Wii.

Pharros

I got an RCA to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter on eBay for a few bucks to use with my Wii because my monitor doesn't have audio input other than through HDMI. What video inputs does your monitor have, because maybe you could just use a Wii component cable and get some sort of adapter to hook that up to your monitor? You should still be able to do 1080p over component, so it's not like it's really necessary to use the HDMI connection, although the Wii U only comes packaged with the HDMI cable and not the Wii component cable if you don't already happen to own one for your Wii.

Only a DVI and VGA on my monitor, no audio out or anything unfortunately. :( However, I do have the Wii Component cables and if they transmit full 1080p, It would be much easier to rig up with a simple adapter like you said. Even if I had to run a component video to DVI/VGA and then a L/R Audio to auxillary audio.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Best Buy is selling Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition for $5 off for anyone that is interested. I cancelled my preorder with EB and ordered from BB. Can't beat the $5 off and Reward Zone points.

ZOE HD LE PS3

ZOE HD LE 360

Also applies to the regular version.

Note that the EB preorders include a ZOE/MGR double sided poster.

EDIT: I'm a sucker for anything Metal Gear related thus I reordered from EB lol.

how do you do the slide move with Marshall/Forest? it's the one move in the whole game that I cannot pull off =/

I play on a stick if that helps

edit: how the hell did this end up in this thread

Best Buy is selling Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition for $5 off for anyone that is interested. I cancelled my preorder with EB and ordered from BB. Can't beat the $5 off and Reward Zone points.

ZOE HD LE PS3

ZOE HD LE 360

Also applies to the regular version.

Note that the EB preorders include a ZOE/MGR double sided poster.

EDIT: I'm a sucker for anything Metal Gear related thus I reordered from EB lol.

OMG, how big is that poster supposed to be? Might be worth changing my pre-order to EB...

suikodan

Anyone knows how Walmart will be selling Wii U consoles in-store?

Will there be any pre-orders or they will sell them first come first served?

Ah, just as I've been hoping, they finally dropped* the price of Mario Kart Wii.

(*They took the useless wheel out of the box and lowered the price to $39.99.)

Varshes

EB is doing trade 2 get it free for a bunch of titles now:

TRADE 2, GET $60!
When you trade in 2 games worth $15 or more

Starting October 19, Trade 2 games, worth $15 or more each, and get $60 trade credit towards select titles such as Halo 4, COD: Black Ops 2, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Hitman: Absolution, LittleBigPlanet Karting

PlayStation Allstars and Skylanders Giants is also elegible.

Might do it for Allstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom