• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

EB is doing trade 2 get it free for a bunch of titles now:

TRADE 2, GET $60!
When you trade in 2 games worth $15 or more

Starting October 19, Trade 2 games, worth $15 or more each, and get $60 trade credit towards select titles such as Halo 4, COD: Black Ops 2, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Hitman: Absolution, LittleBigPlanet Karting

PlayStation Allstars and Skylanders Giants is also elegible.

Might do it for Allstars.

Is there a list? orjust tivs.ca i guess?

I traded Donkey Kong Wii for MOH today, lady gave me the look when I gave her the game since I didn't open up the wrapper yet and it said $24.99. I don't know why it matters though, why would I open it unless I was sure they took it for the promo.

Varshes

Is there a list? orjust tivs.ca i guess?

I traded Donkey Kong Wii for MOH today, lady gave me the look when I gave her the game since I didn't open up the wrapper yet and it said $24.99. I don't know why it matters though, why would I open it unless I was sure they took it for the promo.

No specific list, tivs.ca is pretty outta date so I'd just call a store or take some games you think might qualify.

Socreges

Banned
1. Get DKCR (used) for $25
2. Trade in toward MOH, add $10
3. Play MOH for a week, be disappointed
4. Trade in toward ACIII

Really? ACIII for $35 at launch? But which store is it that's allowing people to trade in MOH for ACIII, straight up?

Also: any deals on Skyrim (360) currently?

lupin23rd

Just moved to Japan for a while and I'm having some problems buying stuff from my Vita on my Canadian account even though I'm using the same credit card I was before.

Is there a good place to get Canadian PSN cards online (and have the codes emailed) or should I just ask friends or family? I'd like to take advantage of that $100 in October gets $20 back deal if its valid up here (seems that it is based on the other thread).

What's the best way to get the trade in value for games? I have about 15-20 games I need to get rid of, but I'm worried some maybe be trade in qualifiers at futureshop and EB. Unfortunately TIV.ca isn't updated very often, and I don't wanna call a store and have them go through the whole list.

Suggestions?

Quick

Banned
What's the best way to get the trade in value for games? I have about 15-20 games I need to get rid of, but I'm worried some maybe be trade in qualifiers at futureshop and EB. Unfortunately TIV.ca isn't updated very often, and I don't wanna call a store and have them go through the whole list.

Suggestions?

Best Buy and Future Shop releases their trade-in list for a particular game a week or so before it comes out. Anything older than a year won't count.

EB Games has their trade-in offers on their website, including their "Most Wanted" list.

Go through the three websites, pick out what seems best. Future Shop's trade-2 deals are usually the best, I think.

cjkeats

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=67,310,3252&webid=410457&affixedcode=WW

It was a gift, but I believeeeee it is this model. Not 100% but I'm pretty certain.

Do you have a HDMI switch that runs a separate audio-out?
When I hook my consoles up to my monitor I use this and run the audio out via optical to my headset. The wii U don't have optical so the only thing I can think of is doing the home theatre switch thing, which is the roundest of roundabout ways.

But on a side note, why are you even doing this, didn't you just get a big beautiful new TV?

cjkeats

My Xbox Live ends on November 6. I've paid the full price for 4 years. Any deals on cards?

I don't know about cards, but I've done the $2 for 2 months deal for about a year now.
It keeps being offered on the dashboard, I keep taking it. just remember to turn off auto-renewal right away.

Thinking I'm going to dump DOA5 for MOH tomorrow then bring it back a couple of days later for an Ass Creed III preorder.

That's a pretty good deal. Although, I have a bad feeling that they won't honor the $1 a day deal if you use a trade in deal to get the game since the deals say they are not valid with any other offer.

Pharros

Do you have a HDMI switch that runs a separate audio-out?
When I hook my consoles up to my monitor I use this and run the audio out via optical to my headset. The wii U don't have optical so the only thing I can think of is doing the home theatre switch thing, which is the roundest of roundabout ways.

But on a side note, why are you even doing this, didn't you just get a big beautiful new TV?

That scared the hell out of me how you knew I had a new TV until I looked at your username.. Hahaha. But yeah, this was more as an alternate set up for my bedroom, but most likely it'll be out in the living room with the new big tv most of the time anyway. Not a big deal really.

ohlawd

Did Future Shop stop doing their "trade in x select games, get this game free" deals? I can't find the page on the site anymore. My search skills are weak :x

zroid

Banned
Did Future Shop stop doing their "trade in x select games, get this game free" deals? I can't find the page on the site anymore. My search skills are weak :x

I think they just aren't doing any this week. I bet it'll be back next week for AC3/L and maybe Professor Layton

It's bizarre...they have it advertised in the flyer, but they don't have any details on their site. Same with Best Buy.

iphys

SDM finally has the 3DS XL $20 off next week and bonus redemption of $200 for 95,000 points on Sat/Sun, although at this point you might as well wait for Mega redemption to get a $250 redemption instead.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SDM finally has the 3DS XL $20 off next week and bonus redemption of $200 for 95,000 points on Sat/Sun, although at this point you might as well wait for Mega redemption to get a $250 redemption instead.

Any bonus redemption this weekend for the lesser tiers?

edit: Yep, I see a bump from $85 to $100 for the 50k tier.

Returners

Just moved to Japan for a while and I'm having some problems buying stuff from my Vita on my Canadian account even though I'm using the same credit card I was before.

Is there a good place to get Canadian PSN cards online (and have the codes emailed) or should I just ask friends or family? I'd like to take advantage of that $100 in October gets $20 back deal if its valid up here (seems that it is based on the other thread).

Friends and family. Stock up on as much cards as possible. I just moved back from Asia and buying games and DLC online was a pain.

Anyway:
I'm curious, what is everyone's data usage on celluar?

Fido has a deal where they double their data on their Max plans and I'm wondering if I should get it.

Socreges

Banned
1. Get DKCR (used) for $25
2. Trade in toward MOH, add $10
3. Play MOH for a week, be disappointed
4. Trade in toward ACIII

Really? ACIII for $35 at launch? But which store is it that's allowing people to trade in MOH for ACIII, straight up?

Also: any deals on Skyrim (360) currently?
Anyone?

Median

Thinking I'm going to dump DOA5 for MOH tomorrow then bring it back a couple of days later for an Ass Creed III preorder.

That's a pretty good deal. Although, I have a bad feeling that they won't honor the $1 a day deal if you use a trade in deal to get the game since the deals say they are not valid with any other offer.

Doing the exact same thing. The manager at my local EB (Yonge/Eg) said it was all good.

Natjak

Neo Member
So if Best Buy's trade list is not online, will I still be able to do the trade 2 get Forza Horizon free?

I just don't want to go to the store and then they say they can't do it because they cannot verify the games on their list.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping there's a trade 1 get it free deal for Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I missed out on the E3 deal, but I have a few games I don't want anymore, so maybe :).

ohlawd

I'm hoping there's a trade 1 get it free deal for Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I missed out on the E3 deal, but I have a few games I don't want anymore, so maybe :).

Yeah. Disappointing Style Savvy didn't get one but I hope Professor Layton and PM get the deals.

Ondore

Does anyone know of a chain that's going to be getting Virtue's Last Reward (preferably 3DS) in the next few days? Amazon's pushing back to October 26 for a preorder, and I don't have a lot of faith in that date anyway.

I know this gets asked all the time, but now I'm the jerk asking-are there any good deals on gold memberships these days? I saw a few $39 ones a couple months ago but haven't seen anything recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom