• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I feel like I could have gone and lined up outside NCIX or something and played Ocarina of Time 3D until 5AM instead of doing it in my bed like I'm doing right now.

I'm hoping walmart isn't batshit insane because i am letting my wife sleep in for her birthday, and going with my son.

one can always hope right?

I'm hoping walmart isn't batshit insane because i am letting my wife sleep in for her birthday, and going with my son.

one can always hope right?

There was a lineup outside the door and they wouldn't let anyone in at the Walmart next to my house

Do not want. Sitting in a Starbucks and chillin. Seriously, that Sears deal had potential. Place was empty and I don't think many people knew about the deal. Too bad the selection was shit.

Mines had quite a few of the big titles, but yeah I don't think people thought it would be that empty. Scooping up MW3 and tetris 3ds for 45. Not bad

MGS 360 is a bust at retail EB. Scans in at 49.

Why not online shop? Should I link a few pages back where everyone was having a fit over FS's shitty shipping?

Most electronic stores open only at 1pm here in Quebec. *yawn*
It's good to be able to sleep for once...

As for me, I'll take a Playstation 3D display bundle as well as AC:R and Saints Row 3 on 360.

the walmart was pretty empty. no busier than normal really. probably because there's astounding deals.

snagged a 3ds. the industrial design is shameful. how do you go from the ds lite and dsi to this? the mind boggles.

Wal-Mart not that busy. The EB at Dufferin Mall is packed with a huge line. The shelves look like they are going to be wiped clean.

Protip: don't go to an EB at a mall.

Tempted to go to EBGames for the used game sale they have going on today but i'm sure all the good stuff will be gone. Not sure if it's worth the gamble of standing in line.

Proc

You can't beat that price for a pc monitor. $299 for an led monitor that also does 3d is pretty sick. Probably going to putting my gft card toward that. Not sure if ill go to the store. Its just a few blocks away so i might just go and order from my phone if too crazy.

Tempted to go to EBGames for the used game sale they have going on today but i'm sure all the good stuff will be gone. Not sure if it's worth the gamble of standing in line.

Malls are getting cleaned out. Find a street front location.

One deal I regret not grabbing. MGS Risk for $44.99 - 25%.

krae_man

Just finished my boxing day shopping. I sagged Simpsons season 14, Family Guy volume 9, Futurama volume 6, Steel Diver, a $50 psn card, a 1400 microsoft fun bucks card, and fast five.

Add to that my cyber shopping snags of American Dad volume 6, Devil survivor Overlooked and I've got a decent haul. Now yo relax.

Due to some form of silly retardation, retailers are closed on Boxing Day in Nova Scotia. So Boxing Day shopping begins for us on Tuesday.

According the the EB games site the AC: Revelations sale is listed as December 26th only. I wonder if they will honor the price tomorrow? If not I will be pretty mad.

EGM92

Just got back from Boxing day shopping, got the Playstation Monitor from RCSS for 299$ + 10% discount. I grabbed a bunch of Move bundles, the Medevil/Sports Champions bundles for 69$ + 10% discount and Ace Combat Assault Horizons on PS3 at FS.

I wanted to grab the 60" Samsung Smart TV from NCIX but the lineup here was insane

Had to go back down to the Eaton Centre area to meet a friend. People still lining up outside the EB inside when there is a perfectly good EB outside with no line. Also Sears still has some games but they've sold out of 3d land.

Due to some form of silly retardation, retailers are closed on Boxing Day in Nova Scotia. So Boxing Day shopping begins for us on Tuesday.

According the the EB games site the AC: Revelations sale is listed as December 26th only. I wonder if they will honor the price tomorrow? If not I will be pretty mad.
Ship it online.

Eternia

Bust, I wanted Deus Ex for PC at EB since I missed the Amazon.com sale and I have credit available. Apparently it's $60 regular price in store minus $20 for the sale. Ordered online instead but now I have to wait. At least the line was relatively short.

soultron

Banned
Just save the important HDD stuff to a usb stick

Gonna do that.

Grabbed SF643D and SML3D at Sears Limeridge (Hamilton) but that was a lucky find. I grabbed the only 2 copies of SML because I figured someone here would want it. PM me, pay shipping, and it's yours.

The section at Sears was gutted. The 3DS stuff was hidden below eye level so I lucked out finding stuff in there. None of the 360 stuff I was hoping for was there. Oh well! c:

Decado

Anyone know where I can find a 360 HDD (for slim) for a decent price? My order a while back got cancelled because of the shortages.

RS4-

Anyone know where I can find a 360 HDD (for slim) for a decent price? My order a while back got cancelled because of the shortages.

If you can find one of the HDDs from a fat 360, just use that. You'll have to open up the enclosure and just pop it in your slim (you might want to find something to wedge between the sides to keep it secure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom