• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the pre-order bonus for Uncharted 4 was on Amazon? Looking to sell my PS4 with it after I finish playing it and I'm wondering whether to advertise the bonus or just use it for my playthrough.

As far as I know (and I got the game yesterday afternoon from them), there wasn't any sort of pre-order bonus.

Amazon emailed a code to me for uncharted pre order bonus and its all multiplayer stuff to my knowledge:

Snow Camo weapon skin
Desert Drake Outfit
Uncharted Drakes Fortune Outfit
Golden Weapon Skin
Uncharted points

Kyolux

I may actually do that since I work near yonge/dundas and there's a BestBuy and EB Games in the area.

However, wouldn't it be better to do it at EB Games? Won't they take returns if the game is sealed? I say that because EB has some preorder bonuses while BestBuy doesn't.

I have no idea how they handle returns at EB games, I usually avoid going there.

What you need to return to Best Buy is the sealed Amazon copy. (Both places don't mark the games with their store's sticker nowadays). I think EB Games wouldn't accept an Amazon copy as a return if theirs is marked in some way because of pre-order stuff.

Amazon emailed a code to me for uncharted pre order bonus and its all multiplayer stuff to my knowledge:

Snow Camo weapon skin
Desert Drake Outfit
Uncharted Drakes Fortune Outfit
Golden Weapon Skin
Uncharted points

Oh, seems like I didn't get the code. Weird. Oh well, I tried the training for multiplayer last night and kind of turned off by the way it seems to work. So I'm not going to bother with contacting customer service.

SickBoy

PSA: If for some reason you haven't preordered it, it seems Uncharted is a few bucks cheaper at Shoppers. I was surprised when it rang in for $74.99 when I picked it up today (Optimum redemption, which is why I didn't get it through other means)

DownLoad

Did Amazon switch their shipping company from Canada Post to Intelcom? Just got a phone call from an Intelcom delivery guy for my Uncharted package. He sounded really new as he wasn't even sure if he could leave the package in front of my unit's door.

Also confirmed my order officially states that it was shipped by Intelcom.

Did Amazon switch their shipping company from Canada Post to Intelcom? Just got a phone call from an Intelcom delivery guy for my Uncharted package. He sounded really new as he wasn't even sure if he could leave the package in front of my unit's door.

Seems to be based on region, but yeah, Intelcom is one of their new preferred services, especially in Montreal. In my experience they seem to be terrible at delivering packages (and historically they are just used for delivering medical supplies/urgent care stuff so...) I still get some things from Canada Post, but it's unpredictable enough that I have Amazon deliver to my nearest Pharmaprix instead.

If you need to redirect a package, reschedule a pickup, etc, you have to go through Amazon CS. Intelcom is not involved on that side, and sadly Amazon doesn't give you a way to select another carrier.

killroy87

They're starting to experiment with local couriers for super short (same/next day) deliveries. They use Dynamex here in Vancouver, and as someone who lives in an apartment I fucking hate it. Here's how each call goes:

*phone rings at 10AM*

"Hey, it's Amazon here with a package"
"okay, well...I'm at work (because I'm a normal human at 10AM on a Wednesday)"
"Oh, is there someone home who can let me in to leave it by the door?"
"No"
"When will you be home?"
"Umm, I guess around 4:30?"
"Okay, I'll make a note for another delivery after 5PM"

*cue me have to be stranded at home from 5PM until who-the-fuck-knows for the delivery guy to come, which usually happens at like 9PM*

It's the worst. Just use Canada Post, so they can just bring my shit to a post office for me to pick up if Im not there.

DownLoad

They're starting to experiment with local couriers for super short (same/next day) deliveries. They use Dynamex here in Vancouver, and as someone who lives in an apartment I fucking hate it. Here's how each call goes:

*phone rings at 10AM*

"Hey, it's Amazon here with a package"
"okay, well...I'm at work (because I'm a normal human at 10AM on a Wednesday)"
"Oh, is there someone home who can let me in to leave it by the door?"
"No"
"When will you be home?"
"Umm, I guess around 4:30?"
"Okay, I'll make a note for another delivery after 5PM"

*cue me have to be stranded at home from 5PM until who-the-fuck-knows for the delivery guy to come, which usually happens at like 9PM*

It's the worst. Just use Canada Post, so they can just bring my shit to a post office for me to pick up if Im not there.

Seems to be based on region, but yeah, Intelcom is one of their new preferred services, especially in Montreal. In my experience they seem to be terrible at delivering packages (and historically they are just used for delivering medical supplies/urgent care stuff so...) I still get some things from Canada Post, but it's unpredictable enough that I have Amazon deliver to my nearest Pharmaprix instead.

If you need to redirect a package, reschedule a pickup, etc, you have to go through Amazon CS. Intelcom is not involved on that side, and sadly Amazon doesn't give you a way to select another carrier.

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess just some extra info, I'm in Calgary where I got Intelcom. Seems like a huge pain in the ass... I wish they'd just stick with Canada Post, since there's a pick up location right across the street from me... And I'd prefer not to have to reschedule to meet the delivery guy (this guy said he couldn't even do after 5PM...), or drive 30 minutes to their office to pick it up myself.

I guess I'll just have to see how these deliveries go in the future...

Bluenoser

I'm not happy with them using Canada Post for this. With the labour dispute and all, I've found they've been slower than normal, and currently my copy of UC4 is showing "departure scan- Montreal"..... SATURDAY May 7. That's the last activity and it says it will be here tomorrow.

For starters, it should have been here today, and I'm finding it doubtful that it didn't get an arrival scan in my region if it was in fact going to be on a truck tomorrow to deliver to my house.

Edit east coast for me.

RE_Player

Mighty No 9 pre-order on the PSN store is $19.99 while on Amazon.ca it's $34.96. Was the digital version being cheaper always the plan or is the price going to be corrected?

Fularu

Banned
Mighty No 9 pre-order on the PSN store is $19.99 while on Amazon.ca it's $34.96. Was the digital version being cheaper always the plan or is the price going to be corrected?

That's the US pricing

Expect it to be changed to 29.99 (slightly cheaper as digital versus retail)

Amazon with the E3 deal is still the best though, it's 25$ for a physical copy (much less if you got a double stacked promotion like some did)

Riptwo

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess just some extra info, I'm in Calgary where I got Intelcom. Seems like a huge pain in the ass... I wish they'd just stick with Canada Post, since there's a pick up location right across the street from me... And I'd prefer not to have to reschedule to meet the delivery guy (this guy said he couldn't even do after 5PM...), or drive 30 minutes to their office to pick it up myself.

I guess I'll just have to see how these deliveries go in the future...
Amazon just shipped an order to me in Calgary via FedEx, which is a first. Looks like they're changing things up here, so we'll see how it goes!

RE_Player

That's the US pricing

Expect it to be changed to 29.99 (slightly cheaper as digital versus retail)

Amazon with the E3 deal is still the best though, it's 25$ for a physical copy (much less if you got a double stacked promotion like some did)
It's 19.99 on the Canadian PSN store as well. I just pre-ordered it.

I remember getting both X and Y for about $60 after tax. Ridiculous how one game is now that price, and only a little cheaper assuming E3 discount.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Sun and Moon in Canada is $120 CAD + HST = $135 CAD total...

Sun and Moon on Amazon US plus import fees is $124 CAD total...

At this pace, the Canadian E3 preorder deals might be irrelevant. Might as well pay for US Prime and get a discount on their releases.

So I'm finnaly biting the bullet and making the jump into next gen. In the market for a PS4. Yay. Been looking around but seems like the standard price is $500. Is tis normal? And are there any promos coming up or going on?

Clive

So I'm finnaly biting the bullet and making the jump into next gen. In the market for a PS4. Yay. Been looking around but seems like the standard price is $500. Is tis normal? And are there any promos coming up or going on?

There are very strong rumors floating around about an upgraded PS4 being released this holiday season. It supposedly has extra horsepower that may be used to give games a higher resolution and/or framerate than the same games played on the PS4.0. I would honestly wait a month until E3 to decide when you should buy a PS4.

If you're in the market to buy one now then $429 is the MSRP. Deals aren't that common around this time of year but you should at least expect to be able to get a bundled game for that price.

Anth0ny

wait til e3 (a month from today), the price on the vanilla ps4 might drop with the ps4k coming.

All this Pokemon Moon/Sun talk has me wanting to pick one up since its been forever since i played one (last may have been Black). Which releases should i look Alpha/Omega or X/Y?

killroy87

All this Pokemon Moon/Sun talk has me wanting to pick one up since its been forever since i played one (last may have been Black). Which releases should i look Alpha/Omega or X/Y?

It's all good. You really can't go wrong picking up any Pokemon, none of them are substantially worse than any other.

Jashobeam

I just got my uncharted from amazon and it was delivered by UPS. I'm thinking it's because the canadapost fuck up that happened with my Dark Souls 3

DownLoad

Amazon just shipped an order to me in Calgary via FedEx, which is a first. Looks like they're changing things up here, so we'll see how it goes!

Oh really? Interesting. They must really be trying all kinds of different delivery services then. We'll def have to see how it goes. I wonder if they're trying stuff based on areas. I'm in the NW/University area.

My Uncharted was left on the porch, not between the doors, the porch

I already threw away the envelope but Amazon.ca says it was shipped by Amazon AMZCA.....uhhh ok

I see I'm as surprised as many of you

LordOfChaos

Why are PS4s still coming with 500GB hard drives? Crazy. Should be 2TB minimum.

Why many things about all the consoles. Whatever else I think about if the PS4.5 is a good idea, I hope it addresses that among so many other things. SATA II, not just that but over a USB bridge? Really hampers people who put an SSD in. Two USB ports, and no external drives on them, video capture at 720p and not even a good 720p, etc etc.

-Deimos

My Uncharted was left on the porch, not between the doors, the porch

I already threw away the envelope but Amazon.ca says it was shipped by Amazon AMZCA.....uhhh ok

I see I'm as surprised as many of you

Saw something new today. My neighbor told me he saw the UPS guy ringing my doorbell for a couple minutes before leaving the game on my porch, except I didn't hear anything. So either he pretended to ring my doorbell or my neighbor saw wrong, in which case the driver just stood there on my porch and didn't even attempt to notify me.

Does anyone have proof from Best Buy's site that says they'll take opened accessories back? I can't find it, but two people said it's true here.

I emailed them, but haven't heard back.

The one I have now is unopened, but was technically the result of an opened exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom