• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrsDvl

I know it's been asked plenty of times, but how much does EBgames give for an XB1 500gb + Kinect trade in towards an Xbox One S?

My Amazon order says it will ship on Tuesday and be here on the 12th. That sounds like a rather grand estimate.

I bet/hope it will be here by the 8th. I'm not too far from them.

farisr

My Amazon order says it will ship on Tuesday and be here on the 12th. That sounds like a rather grand estimate.

I bet/hope it will be here by the 8th. I'm not too far from them.
Yeah, amazon loves to overestimate/exaggerate shipping times, especially if you have free shipping, in an attempt to get you to switch over to paid shipping or prime.

My Deus Ex order said it would ship sometime between 23rd-27th and arrive sometime between September 1st-7th.

It shipped on the 22nd and I got it on the 23rd.

chrono01

God Eater and Project Diva X have been released, but neither has shipped from Amazon. I actually cancelled the Vita version of Project Diva X (forgot I had it pre-ordered) and Attack on Titan, so in a way, them shipping out them not shipping the copies out ASAP helped me.

Unfortunately, Amazon received stock of Project Diva X (PS4) and have since sold out (according to the website, they definitely did have stock a few days ago), so I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting now. I'd just like to know how a website receives stock of a game and sells out of it, before shipping out those copies to those that pre-ordered. This delay has me considering canceling the game altogether and hoping that Future Tone is localized for NA. If so, I'll grab both the PS4 and Vita versions. It really does look to be the definitive Hatsune Miku experience.

I know, complaining about Amazon and their shipping is extremely tired here, but it's no less frustrating. :(

MesH

I know it's been asked plenty of times, but how much does EBgames give for an XB1 500gb + Kinect trade in towards an Xbox One S?

Microsoft store is giving 220 towards the S when you trade in a 500 gig Xbox one, plus a game and 50 dollar gift card.

Eoyote

Neo Member
I'm perfectly fine with not receiving a game on release day. I don`t mind waiting a few days if it means free shipping. However, I just can`t get behind purposely holding shipments hostage in some sort of ploy to get customers to sign up for prime.

It's been 5 business days since one of my games was released. It's available to purchase right now, but mine has yet to even ship. I'm in no hurry to play it, but it's still an incredibly disgusting business practice. If you order something that is in stock, prime member or not, the item should be shipped out. Both parties are paying customers yet Amazon seems to only acknowledge one of them as being so.

De_Legend

Banned
Is the Xbox one s worth it for 390$ with Halo 5 and the Master Chief collection?

Or do I wait a couple months, or for the scorpio, (600$ cad incoming)

😩

God Eater and Project Diva X have been released, but neither has shipped from Amazon. I actually cancelled the Vita version of Project Diva X (forgot I had it pre-ordered) and Attack on Titan, so in a way, them shipping out them not shipping the copies out ASAP helped me.

Unfortunately, Amazon received stock of Project Diva X (PS4) and have since sold out (according to the website, they definitely did have stock a few days ago), so I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting now. I'd just like to know how a website receives stock of a game and sells out of it, before shipping out those copies to those that pre-ordered. This delay has me considering canceling the game altogether and hoping that Future Tone is localized for NA. If so, I'll grab both the PS4 and Vita versions. It really does look to be the definitive Hatsune Miku experience.

I know, complaining about Amazon and their shipping is extremely tired here, but it's no less frustrating. :(

That's kind of weird, because usually I don't get stuff from Amazon on time, but Diva X PS4 showed up on release day. Do you by any chance have any preorders scheduled in the next week or two? Amazon might be trying to group your shipments because Amazon.

SickBoy

Is the Xbox one s worth it for 390$ with Halo 5 and the Master Chief collection?

😩

It's hard not to imagine some sort of bargain on the S sometime before Christmas.

Frankly, unless you're really excited for the new 4K/HDR features (or need the smaller size), I'd have a hard time recommending the S over the vanilla One... (of course, if you want those features, that's fine, too)

I mean, $300 for this: QB bundle, plus one crappy game, plus a $50 MS Store promo code.. is a pretty solid deal: https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...uantum-Break-Bundle-500GB/productID.333693500

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

😩

Honestly, do you already have a PS4 or a PC capable of modern gaming? If yes you don't need it.

chrono01

That's kind of weird, because usually I don't get stuff from Amazon on time, but Diva X PS4 showed up on release day. Do you by any chance have any preorders scheduled in the next week or two? Amazon might be trying to group your shipments because Amazon.
I do have Trails of Cold Steel pre-ordered in the same massive E3 bundle, and that's releasing in a few days, so they could be waiting for that. I just hope I get my pre-order pouch with my Project Diva X game. :(

Dazzler

I'm perfectly fine with not receiving a game on release day. I don`t mind waiting a few days if it means free shipping. However, I just can`t get behind purposely holding shipments hostage in some sort of ploy to get customers to sign up for prime.

It's been 5 business days since one of my games was released. It's available to purchase right now, but mine has yet to even ship. I'm in no hurry to play it, but it's still an incredibly disgusting business practice. If you order something that is in stock, prime member or not, the item should be shipped out. Both parties are paying customers yet Amazon seems to only acknowledge one of them as being so.

I completely agree with this, and it's why I don't order from Amazon anymore. It's absolutely gross that they withhold shipments for no reason other than you not paying extra for prime

kaiyo

Did you preorder 2 games? Amazon will ship the games together if the game's release date are within a week of each other.

And technically one of the buyer is paying more.

ElNino

Did you preorder 2 games? Amazon will ship the games together if the game's release date are within a week of each other.

And technically one of the buyer is paying more.
This is what I've had happen, E3 pre-orders for games released within a week were grouped and shipped together with the second game. That's fair as far as I'm concerned, but almost all of my other orders were shipped on release day, and one day shipping is the norm for me so I would get it the same day.

However, I do find that ordering an item that is currently in stock seems to be processed immediately and shipped that, or next day, while pre-ordered items can be more of a crap shoot.

De_Legend

Banned
It's hard not to imagine some sort of bargain on the S sometime before Christmas.

Frankly, unless you're really excited for the new 4K/HDR features (or need the smaller size), I'd have a hard time recommending the S over the vanilla One... (of course, if you want those features, that's fine, too)

I mean, $300 for this: QB bundle, plus one crappy game, plus a $50 MS Store promo code.. is a pretty solid deal: https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...uantum-Break-Bundle-500GB/productID.333693500

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I guess I will just wait a couple months and grab one of the og Xbox one for cheap.

It was a seller on eBay.ca and it is gone by now anyway.

Gitaroo

Well put. If bestbuy can ship all my games on release day with free shipping and sometime before release day, I dont see why amazon can't. Games usually get release on tuesday, all I am asking is ship the game out on release any or weds so I get it by friday for sure. My diva x came out last tuesday and still not shipped...

Xenoflare

Are the prices for the games on PSN determined by the publisher or is there an auto currency converter?

I really don't want to have Cold Steel 2 to cost $53.49

i-Jest

Are the prices for the games on PSN determined by the publisher or is there an auto currency converter?

I really don't want to have Cold Steel 2 to cost $53.49

Well the games retail for $49.99. If you see it cheaper on PSN, it's most likely some error. If your seeing it for more, it could be because of the publisher (I think).

Xenoflare

Well the games retail for $49.99. If you see it cheaper on PSN, it's most likely some error. If your seeing it for more, it could be because of the publisher (I think).

The first game was 10 bucks cheaper on PSN, part of the reason I cancelled the order that decided to come late from EB and completely done with it since it pulled that shit on me twice already.

I have one, but got it as a gift.

The Gears one is nice, and I want it, but I cannot justify spending that on another controller I won't use much, especially when it's the price of 2.5-3 games.

No way. I'd like to have it, but I'm not spending that or even $200 on it.

Price of half a system.

That too. I thought about that as well, and it's another major deterrent.

I want that other Gears of War 4 controller, with the grey and blue and bolts. Spending $80 on it when I probably will be too afraid to use it sounds dumb, but I'm sure I'll do it. I'm trying to sell my unused Lunar White to bankroll most of it.

(Right now, I have an Elite, a Lunar White, the white controller I got with the S and a new one of the same kind that I bought to quell my OCD. It's unopened, but I got it $15 off. Reason? The one that came with my system has a scratch on it and some weird brown marks and they were driving me nuts. But I've kept it unopened because I may return it.)

Eoyote

Neo Member
Would love to get that version of the elite controller. The scratch marks look like they're engraved into the plastic rather than simply painted on.

Our only hope is a price error!

Tapejara

Would love to get that version of the elite controller. The scratch marks look like they're engraved into the plastic rather than simply painted on.

Our only hope is a price error!

It's been listed at that price since July, unfortunately. Doubt the price is going to change in a month.

That said it looks really good. Hopefully a price drop comes swiftly!

Oneself

I laugh at anyone buying a controller at 250$. That's just ridiculous even if you can afford it. That's approximately 230$ profit in Microsoft's already too large bank.

I laugh at anyone buying a controller at 250$. That's just ridiculous even if you can afford it. That's approximately 230$ profit in Microsoft's already too large bank.

Quoted for truth.

I know I will be tempted, but I have no need for it and won't let myself be so silly.

Xenoflare

I still find it funny that it has an Elite Gears controller and a regular gears controller that is the same color.

A shame for the pricings for the JD Fenix one, I'd love to get one but not at $85 pretax.

Geez and I used to think $60 is too much for a controller.

I still find it funny that it has an Elite Gears controller and a regular gears controller that is the same color.

A shame for the pricings for the JD Fenix one, I'd love to get one but not at $85 pretax.

I mean, I still do. No way in hell would I ever shell out for an elite controller, I just don't care about whatever improvements it has enough to bother. It's not like I'm playing competitive Halo or anything.

We often complain about the prices of controllers, and yes I wholeheartedly agree that they're taking us to the cleaners at $250 for the Elite Gears controller and $85 for the other one (which I really want and forgot was that pricey.) But when you do think about it, one game is that price or more and you can use a controller for years.

Windam

Scaley member
I completely agree with this, and it's why I don't order from Amazon anymore. It's absolutely gross that they withhold shipments for no reason other than you not paying extra for prime

I'm a Prime member right now, ordered a movie due to be released today months ago (I was a Prime member then, too), and they just emailed me saying the movie's out of stock so I'll have to wait despite the "guaranteed" release day delivery. Same thing happened with my order of the WoW Legion CE from them. Not impressed. They shouldn't wait til the last few minutes before an item should ship to tell you they oversold. :/

daevv

Is the best "deal" on PS+ still getting it through Costco.ca? I remember seeing the discussion a few pages back. Did people who ordered without a membership get their codes? My Costco membership has expired and I was gonna order PS+ from them today. Thx.

i-Jest

Is the best "deal" on PS+ still getting it through Costco.ca? I remember seeing the discussion a few pages back. Did people who ordered without a membership get their codes? My Costco membership has expired and I was gonna order PS+ from them today.

Dead deal.

You can run the risk of waiting for another discount, whenever that is, or just buy a subscription full price, before the markup happens later on in the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom