• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Cancelled three-four more games from my E3 pre-order from this year this week-end.. Figured I can wait for a price drop for some of those games anyway (or not get them at all).

I'm down to 3 left for this year's. This will end up my smallest year so far. I have 4 games from last year, 2 from 2013 and 1 from 2014 left.

Wish something could be done about that dollar real soon.

bryt

Cancelled three-four more games from my E3 pre-order from this year this week-end.. Figured I can wait for a price drop for some of those games anyway (or not get them at all).

I'm down to 3 left for this year's. This will end up my smallest year so far. I have 4 games from last year, 2 from 2013 and 1 from 2014 left.

Same with me. I preordered 10 games this year and now I'm down to 3, which are Trails of Cold Steel 2, Tekken 7 and Psycho Pass. Can't justify buying games at these prices even with a 20% discount.

Cake Boss

Banned
I am surprised and waiting for retailers that haven't began dropping the price of the OG PS4 when we're just a day before the announcement of the Slim.

I really want the bioshock collection but there is no way I'm gonna spent 92$ for that...

-SG

I really want the bioshock collection but there is no way I'm gonna spent 92$ for that...

I ordered it from game.co.uk for the steelbook despite hearing horror stories about their shipping. Right now it costs £33.99 plus shipping which is cheaper than you will find on Amazon or EB Games.

I ordered it from game.co.uk for the steelbook despite hearing horror stories about their shipping. Right now it costs £33.99 plus shipping which is cheaper than you will find on Amazon or EB Games.

Thanks for the heads up but I'll just wait for a sale on the north-american version. I expect it to drop pretty fast.

soultron

Banned
https://thefiftyxfifty.com/

I know you not a lot of you guys are into the FGC, except for that piece of shit TikTok, but just wanted to get it out there.

I am into this. Are these printed on shitty Ts though? My buddy runs a clothing company and while his designs are nice, the Ts are so bad that they shrink and get mangled after like 3 cold water washes and dryer runs with no heat.

zroid

Banned
Lol Amazon is so garbage

they've had my ToCS2 "preparing for shipment" since last Friday, but it "will ship" this Friday.

I don't really care since I have no plans of playing this any time soon, but honestly ffs. After this thing ships, I'll probably just cancel the rest of my E3 order from them.

Hedgey

Lol Amazon is so garbage

they've had my ToCS2 "preparing for shipment" since last Friday, but it "will ship" this Friday.

I don't really care since I have no plans of playing this any time soon, but honestly ffs. After this thing ships, I'll probably just cancel the rest of my E3 order from them.

If you don't have Prime, Amazon will always take a week+

Lol Amazon is so garbage

That is unfortunate. I'm worried the same thing will happen to me and SMT4:A. I still haven't gotten a date for when it will arrive.

farisr

Whille this won't get me to preorder during E3 from them if they once again do the reward zone offer, it's good to know that you can take in a receipt for an online purchase + your certificates + your membership card + the credit card you paid with, and they'll apply the certificates against that and give you a refund.

Just applied $40 worth of certificates towards my battlefront and mirrors edge catalyst order I made during the sale a few days ago.

And on another note, managed to trade in my glitchy & old Galaxy S3 for $45, which was deemed to be in "good condition" because I took good care of it, and Halo 5 which I got with the Xbox One S for $20. And sold Masterchief Collection code on ebay the other day for $18.

Not bad for a phone that would've been a tough sell due to the glitchyness, and some games that have flooded the private buyer/seller market, without the hassle of using kijiji/craigslist.

zroid

Banned
Whille this won't get me to preorder during E3 from them if they once again do the reward zone offer, it's good to know that you can take in a receipt for an online purchase + your certificates + your membership card + the credit card you paid with, and they'll apply the certificates against that and give you a refund.

Just applied $40 worth of certificates towards my battlefront and mirrors edge catalyst order I made during the sale a few days ago.

No shit? Is this actual policy or did you just get lucky? Never heard of this before.

farisr

No shit? Is this actual policy or did you just get lucky? Never heard of this before.
I asked if it was possible, and she just casually said "yeah, just bring the receipt, certificate, membership card, and credit card and I'll process it for you". Didn't even need the games present.

No idea if it's an official policy, or something that employees do because they know people come in to bypass the certificate system anyways by buying things using them, and then asking for a refund so it gets credited to a gift card.

zroid

Banned
I asked if it was possible, and she just casually said "yeah, just bring the receipt, certificate, membership card, and credit card and I'll process it for you". Didn't even need the games present.

No idea if it's an official policy, or something that employees do because they know people come into bypass the certificate system anyways by buying things using them, and then asking for a refund so it gets credited to a gift card.

I'll have to ask my local store about this next time. I used to do the return thing but I'm too lazy for that these days so I just spend the certificates on digital currency.

farisr

I'll have to ask my local store about this next time. I used to do the return thing but I'm too lazy for that these days so I just spend the certifications on digital currency.
Yeah, ask at the returns/exchange counter (as that's where it was processed for me). It'd be good to know if other stores are also doing this or if I just got lucky.

RS4-

I am into this. Are these printed on shitty Ts though? My buddy runs a clothing company and while his designs are nice, the Ts are so bad that they shrink and get mangled after like 3 cold water washes and dryer runs with no heat.

Same quality as Ronin Division, Obey, etc.

khaaan

I've cancelled most stuff too, only two or three games are left for this holiday seaspn. Now I'm just loafting on calling Best Buy to update my CC information on both Best Buy and Futureshop orders because I know even though I have a new CC, it expires before most of the orders will ship so I have to call in again in a few months ;_;

Kyolux

Best Buy has been pretty chill for me applying refunds/price match,etc. for me. So not all that surprised.

Weirdly enough, everytime I got there and wait in line, there's always someone having issues and/or taking forever getting a refund for weird situations/things not working as they expected.

farisr

I plan on posting an image at the end of the year showing how many preorders I kept and cancelled (as I'm keeping track), and how many new games were bought as well (thanks mainly to VR). I think it'll be quite interesting.
Weirdly enough, everytime I got there and wait in line, there's always someone having issues and/or taking forever getting a refund for weird situations/things not working as they expected.
I have usually been the person getting stuck behind some one like this, but today I was that guy. Mainly due to the rep not being familiar with the process of trading in a phone and she had to get someone else who was familiar with it to guide her.

Felt bad for the guy behind me. Probably came in to do a simple refund and had to wait so long.

SickBoy

So far I've cancelled No Man's Sky (wound up buying it at EB anyway via a trade-in offer, then returning it under their 7-day Edge Platinum guarantee) and now ReCore (just not sure about it, and if it did become the best game ever, pretty sure $10 off would happen before year's end)

Next on the possible cancellation list is Paper Mario: first, the discount is currently sitting at $11 (14.7%, not 20%) and second, I have real concerns about how close it will be to Sticker Star. Being similar in style, systems and whatever doesn't really bother me, but having battles that require certain special stickers will.

What's on deck? Titanfall, Gears and South Park. Don't see myself cancelling any of those. Gears/South Park were both ordered during better sales and hard to say no to TF at $50.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dead deal.

You can run the risk of waiting for another discount, whenever that is, or just buy a subscription full price, before the markup happens later on in the month.
Isint' it still 46 dollars? I just checked and it's still available, but I don't know if it works if you checkout.

Kyolux

So far I've cancelled No Man's Sky (wound up buying it at EB anyway via a trade-in offer, then returning it under their 7-day Edge Platinum guarantee) and now ReCore (just not sure about it, and if it did become the best game ever, pretty sure $10 off would happen before year's end)

Next on the possible cancellation list is Paper Mario: first, the discount is currently sitting at $11 (14.7%, not 20%) and second, I have real concerns about how close it will be to Sticker Star. Being similar in style, systems and whatever doesn't really bother me, but having battles that require certain special stickers will.

What's on deck? Titanfall, Gears and South Park. Don't see myself cancelling any of those. Gears/South Park were both ordered during better sales and hard to say no to TF at $50.

For this fall, I got both FF games left, that's it? The rest are digital VR games, DS3 dlc, AA6 and Steins Gate 0.

Got stuff for next year and on though.

Sealtest

Does videogameplus not email preorder customers when an order has been delayed? I just noticed my Valkyrie Drive was delayed till OCT 10th and had no idea about it until today.

djblue89

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but can anyone recommend a IPTV service that has decent quality and that has most canadian channels ?

Kyolux

What the ??

Like my live broadcast archive? That's weird...

Playroom? ;-)

Just went and check.. this is a part of my UC4 playthrough that I streamed a few months ago so that my ex could watch.

Edit: So is this my big breakthrough?
Should I quit my job?

I just sold my unused (but opened and tested) Lunar White controller for $55. I'm going to put that money towards the Gears of War 4 non-Elite controller. The blue one with the rivets.

I got the controller on sale, so that's just about what I paid for it. It sells for $70 plus tax, though, if you can find it at Walmart.

TheExodu5

Banned
Trying to buy a used Vita (pre 3.61). Friend got lucky and found a non-refurb used at EB for $120. The store clerk let us turn it on and check the firmware before we bought it. I could only find refurbs for $150...and the clerks would not let me power it on without buying it. Ugh.

Trying to find a reasonably priced one on Kijiji but people are insane with their asking prices.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Selling games on Kijiji is such a waste of time nowadays. A few years back I used it regularly and had no problem selling or buying games really quickly and painlessly.

Now I put a game up and I get useless replies half of which are not even interested in buying the game and the other half are interested in trading their worthless games no ones interested in. Huge waste of time.

Dazzler

Selling games on Kijiji is such a waste of time nowadays. A few years back I used it regularly and had no problem selling or buying games really quickly and painlessly.

Now I put a game up and I get useless replies half of which are not even interested in buying the game and the other half are interested in trading their worthless games no ones interested in. Huge waste of time.

Big fan of people looking to sell 3+ year-old sports games for top dollar

Absolute lunatics

Big fan of people looking to sell 3+ year-old sports games for top dollar

Absolute lunatics

That used to happen to me all the time. Thankfully, it's stopped. People now more often than not offer half decent trades, but I don't take them up on them (I've usually played the games, don't want someone else's dirty used game, etc.)

I just hold out for cash. I've been surprisingly lucky as of late.

But I used to always get offered NHL 09 and DJ Hero. Or an airsoft gun, whatever that is.

i-Jest

Isint' it still 46 dollars? I just checked and it's still available, but I don't know if it works if you checkout.

They restocked? I assumed they were still sold out of codes. I didn't even bother to check if they restocked codes.

Sorry about that guys.

zroid

Banned
I found the Mario 3DS Bundle at a Shoppers store nearby...

I can't tell you why I'm going to buy a 4th 3DS but it's definitely happening, fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom