• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
My Canadian friends, I need help in deciding which platform I should get Battlefield 1 on, same goes for Skyrim remaster. I have both major consoles, but for the life of me I can't decide which console to get those games on. Help me sway my decision?

Thanks ;)
Skyrim on Xbox, Battlefield 1 go with friends/controller preference and if you can put up with the 720p image.

daftstar

Hmm I thought they don't disclose that over the phone? I guess they are more lax now?

I guess it depends on the rep you get a hold of and maybe if they're busy in store. I called in earlier today and she was nice enough to tell me though.

Uncharted 4 is worth $30 plus $9 for the promo. So $39 total which is not bad at all. Ended up paying $35 for Witcher 3 Complete Edition. All smiles.

Deal

Shoppers has the Mario n3DS bundle in their flyer. 20x the points today.

1990x20=39,800

38,000 points is $60 off a future purchase.

Yokai Watch and Hyrule Warriors 3DS are still $29.99 each as well.

zroid

Banned
Deal

Shoppers has the Mario n3DS bundle in their flyer. 20x the points today.

1990x20=39,800

38,000 points is $60 off a future purchase.

Yokai Watch and Hyrule Warriors 3DS are still $29.99 each as well.
Ohhh nice. Well I'm not gonna go for the 20x, but I may as well unload some of my hoarded points on this thing. May drag a parent along to get the senior discount on Thursday if I find it in stock.

Sora_N

I just took delivery of a custom suit from Indochino last week. Total cost was $500 and the experience was brilliant

I went into their DT Vancouver showroom about four weeks ago, had my measurements taken over a one hour appointment.

Suit was delivered to my apartment last week, was 99% perfect. Made another appointment with them (included in the price) to assess the fit and make any changes I needed (just wanted the sleeves shortened by half an inch or so, and tightened around the bicep)

Just waiting to get the suit jacket back off them (final alterations take a week)

Very pleasant to deal with

I'm using an off the rack suit right now, fits ok but I think I should just buy a custom one in a few months. So it took 4 weeks for the suit to be ready? You have to order it from their site yourself right? And do you have to pay any duties, etc?

Ohhh nice. Well I'm not gonna go for the 20x, but I may as well unload some of my hoarded points on this thing. May drag a parent along to get the senior discount on Thursday if I find it in stock.

If you care about IPS, check the serial numbers. You'll want 7010 or 7011.

Yasumi

Banned
Found a Vita TV at Toys R' Us for $29.99. My friend flipped at the chance to play Project Diva X and Miracle Girls on the big screen and bought it immediately. Pretty good price.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Would exchanging a controller only at EB work or do you have to bring the console as well? The controller that came with my Xbox One S feels a bit off in the right trigger, it feels like there is less resistance when squeezing it.

Would exchanging a controller only at EB work or do you have to bring the console as well? The controller that came with my Xbox One S feels a bit off in the right trigger, it feels like there is less resistance when squeezing it.

You just need the controller and the receipt, provided you're within the 30 days.

I didn't see this posted - Best Buy has some sales until September 8th.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?type=product&filter=category%253aVideo%2BGames%253bcurrentoffers0enrchstring%253aOn%2BSale

XBONE 500 GB with game for 300, 1 TB model with The Division for 350, Sega 3D Classics for 25, Digimon Story for 40, the recent Fire Emblem games for 30, and a bunch of other deals. Nothing that incredible but it's something!

Bonus review that I saw on Fire Emblem Conquests' page:

In the visually stunning destroyer strengthener your resolve in battle and shape the course of history empires; to a thugged-out dark dragon whose include battle of the dead. ead a crew of distinct charactas wit unique abilities, rich backstories , and Y'all KNOW dat forge all night alongside an army of spirited heroes standing against an enemy with the yo' resolve up in battle n' shape that star world of the Fire Emblem Awakening game, you command and to fest tha livez of yo' soldiers n' tha future of tha ghetto dependz on dat.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just used the month trial of Amazon Prime and ordered a bunch of games. If you get enough the discount makes it cheaper than buying them here.
You mean from the US, and with the 20% Prime discount? What are the shipping rates and tariffs? And then you gotta pay 2% to your bank for converting CAD to USD right?
Also, says here you have to be a Prime member at both the time of order and time of shipping.

kevin1025

Banned
Ah, okay. Thanks.

I'm curious to see Hell or High Water, but don't know if I want to drive 30 minutes each way or just wait.

Such a good game. Don't sleep on it.

I saw it back on Friday, I loved it! But it's one of those movies that you'll either like or love. Driving 30 minutes each way might be a tough sell, though.

kennah

Agents of Shield isn't on Netflix or Hulu anymore :( My library doesn't have it. Any other legal options to get it that isn't $60 a season on Amazon or $30 on itunes? Are Digital Copies a thing for this somewhere?

iiicon

Agents of Shield isn't on Netflix or Hulu anymore :( My library doesn't have it. Any other legal options to get it that isn't $60 a season on Amazon or $30 on itunes? Are Digital Copies a thing for this somewhere?

It's on Crave. apparently? I don't even remember who runs Crave.

Random question, Canada GAF: making an cash offer to a poster from kijiji for a very good condition PSP with charger, 4 gb memory card, case, and The 3rd Birthday and GTA Chinatown Wars. What's a fair amount to offer? He wanted to trade for a New 3DS, but 200 sounds pretty high for a PSP and a couple of accessories/games, even if it's all in good condition. The 3rd Birthday also has a pretty wretched reputation, haha. Any suggestions?

kennah

Random question, Canada GAF: making an cash offer to a poster from kijiji for a very good condition PSP with charger, 4 gb memory card, case, and The 3rd Birthday and GTA Chinatown Wars. What's a fair amount to offer? He wanted to trade for a New 3DS, but 200 sounds pretty high for a PSP and a couple of accessories/games, even if it's all in good condition. The 3rd Birthday also has a pretty wretched reputation, haha. Any suggestions?

All of that together is worth like $70 tops. Screw that guy.

Dazzler

I'm using an off the rack suit right now, fits ok but I think I should just buy a custom one in a few months. So it took 4 weeks for the suit to be ready? You have to order it from their site yourself right? And do you have to pay any duties, etc?

Took two weeks for the suit to arrive initially, then a week for the minor adjustments

They have a showroom in Vancouver so I just went in to them and they took all the measurements for me, but I believe it's all done yourself and input into their site in every other case

No duties at all to be paid

London Drugs also has Sega 3D collection for $25, picked it up yesterday

Trading for a New 3DS is such a ridiculous opening offer that I'd almost not deal with him just on principle.

You're better off just getting a Vita at that point. It runs PSP games really well, and if you can find a gently used OLED model you'll be happy.

Wow, thanks for the enlightening responses, all. Yeah, the New 3DS initial offer seemed really wild but I don't really know the market for PSP stuff, so I wanted to make sure. I'd actually be down to just buy a Vita, but it can't play physical PSP games, and I've already copped a few of those in anticipation of getting one. :/ I'll make this guy an offer of 75 but he'll probably not be interested...good luck to him finding someone to trade him a New 3DS, smh

Wow, thanks for the enlightening responses, all. Yeah, the New 3DS initial offer seemed really wild but I don't really know the market for PSP stuff, so I wanted to make sure. I'd actually be down to just buy a Vita, but it can't play physical PSP games, and I've already copped a few of those in anticipation of getting one. :/ I'll make this guy an offer of 75 but he'll probably not be interested...good luck to him finding someone to trade him a New 3DS, smh

I still have a PSP as well as a Vita, and honestly I find it hard to go back to the PSP screen. PSP games go on sale fairly often on the PSN as well.

Dazzler

A New 3DS for a PSP is such a preposterous offer I kind of respect that guy

I picked up the Mario 3D Land New 3DS bundle on Friday, been loving it so far, really nice system

The SNES games are overpriced af, though

I paid $40 for a great condition PSP 3000 with comparable inclusions. I've seen them for up to $75, but $200 is insane.

theRizzle

SEMI-REGULAR DUPLICATE KEY DUMP

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187123.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-3A8DC22471FC202A - Taken by Sealtest. 1 entrants total.
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-ED08BD8DF3EBCB05 - Taken by CuthbertAllgoodz. 3 entrants total.
Space Quest Collection -- MB-6A3984A28DC55424 - Taken by Riptwo. 1 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-8D89E2E6AFE41A69 - Taken by Dragonslayer_023. 1 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-3999F19387A6821F - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Satellite Reign -- MB-70F0AFE4C1BD7F39 - Taken by StrangeRoboMemory. 2 entrants total.

t1473054139z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom