• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrsDvl

Even then, I just don't know if I can justify it.. I love new hardware, and I love pre ordering it asap. But this time I'll wait for comparisons between the two. I do need to get myself a new PS4, and if it's worth an extra $100 sure I'll jump in. But for now I'll wait, cause the presentation didn't do much for me personally.

If Canada didn't get screwed over with this weak dollar I would've jumped in, in a heartbeat though.

DVCY201

There's barely any incentive to upgrade...
It's hard to believe that that Chapters/Indigo Deal was still the best price, even after all this time

Kyolux

Slow loading gaf messed me up.. I was just exptecing it to be 549 because PS VR... would be cool

As for what's included with my PS4 and PS3.. honestly.. I'll start by seeing what are going to be the trade-in deals in November.

(I'll hold off on any early trade-ins since I want to be able to play VR and World of FF in October.)

Azuran

Banned
So what's the average price for PS4 right now? There seems to be different prices everywhere I go so I have no idea what I'm looking at. I haven't done much research so I'm completely clueless.

I really want a PS4 before the end of the year so I want to know how much I should be saving up.

FrsDvl

Was gonna pre order in case I do want it but..

We're sorry. The item PlayStation 4 Pro - 1TB - Bundle Edition is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page

Was gonna pre order in case I do want it but..

We're sorry. The item PlayStation 4 Pro - 1TB - Bundle Edition is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page

I bet it comes back in stock soon.

FrsDvl

is there any kind of pros if I only have a 1080p TV?

Enhanced visuals and framerate. From what I gather you can either have 4k with current visuals/framerate or 1080p with better visuals and framerate. Maybe I'm wrong though, they need to clarify a lot of stuff imo

kevin1025

Banned
is there any kind of pros if I only have a 1080p TV?

There was talk of it being 1080p required, so no more 900p or any of that. And from the videos they showed of For Honor and Paragon, they are adding graphics and advanced settings; so a game on base PS4 would run on medium settings, and the Pro version would be high or max. Stuff like that.

Plus no more dropping below 30fps, it'll be a 30fps lock. At least I would hope!

But they didn't show that this would be in effect on too many games, at least at launch, just that the titles were coming.

Was hoping for Pro pricing similar to the current PS4 but their currency conversion makes no sense at all.
OG PS4 $399/$399 then $449 then $429
PSVR $399/$549
PS4 Pro $399/$499
No 4k bluray though also killed it. Will probably wait for a deal on the slim boxing day to try some exclusives.

ohlawd

Slim is $380, fuck man. may as well fork over another $120 for the Pro.

goddamn

i'm just gonna enjoy it vicariously through you k

aight G

my shipment came, 35$ duty, just fuck

damn. it was Canada Post. anyone know if they'll bug me weeks later about collecting duties? isn't there a courier out there that lulls you into thinking you're safe then they contact you down the line?

kevin1025

Banned
Was hoping for Pro pricing similar to the current PS4 but their currency conversion makes no sense at all.
OG PS4 $399/$399 then $449 then $429
PSVR $399/$549
PS4 Pro $399/$499
No 4k bluray though also killed it. Will probably wait for a deal on the slim boxing day to try some exclusives.

I'm honestly surprised it's not launching at $549.99, I thought the PSVR was a sign of what this would cost.

And now I'm ultra conflicted. I'm either buying a new video card or this thing.

I'm honestly surprised it's not launching at $549.99, I thought the PSVR was a sign of what this would cost.

And now I'm ultra conflicted. I'm either buying a new video card or this thing.
That is the price I figured was realistic as well. Kind of weird to have different pricing on the two. If you want the best PSVR experience with no console itself, $499 + $699 is a little steep. A new video card is a good idea though. Wouldn't mind putting that money instead towards a 1080 now that I have a gsync monitor.

kevin1025

Banned
That is the price I figured was realistic as well. Kind of weird to have different pricing on the two. If you want the best PSVR experience with no console itself, $499 + $699 is a little steep. A new video card is a good idea though. Wouldn't mind putting that money instead towards a 1080 now that I have a gsync monitor.

That would be a wise purchase! I'm looking at the GTX 1060, so it's either I go that route or sell my PS4 and pay the same amount for a Pro.

At a time like this, being insanely indecisive will make me awful at choosing, haha.

Hedgey

Wondering when the slim/new pricing gets posted. My friend has been waiting on buying a PS4 for a while, finally convinced him lol

Kyolux

I'd get one on amazon.. but really want to wait and see the trade-ins deals. Don't want to be stuck with 2 PS4.

As for my Deus Ex copy, I'm giving up.. going to eb tonight to get some eshop money for Phoenix Wright tomorrow.

I'm tired of people phantom contacting me.

Watched the Sony conference, still didn't convince me to buy the Pro. $499 saved!

Slim is $380, fuck man. may as well fork over another $120 for the Pro.

aight G

damn. it was Canada Post. anyone know if they'll bug me weeks later about collecting duties? isn't there a courier out there that lulls you into thinking you're safe then they contact you down the line?

Canada post always asks duties when they deliver so you are probably safe.
If it was Fedex though then there would be 50/50 chance you would receive an invoice in the mail weeks later :p

farisr

I'm now really glad I decided to sell the xbox one towards an xbox one S back when ebgames was doing that really good deal, because if I didn't have that as a 4k bluray player, I'd be pretty pissed off right now that the PS4 Pro doesn't have one.

I'm now really glad I decided to sell the xbox one towards an xbox one S back when ebgames was doing that really good deal, because if I didn't have that as a 4k bluray player, I'd be pretty pissed off right now that the PS4 Pro doesn't have one.

I sort of regret not doing it. I will probably look for a trade deal or just wait it out till Scorpio.

So the Pro is Neo? Seems kinda mediocre. But it's at a good price which makes upgrading worthwhile. I don't know if I'll upgrade to a Slim and the Neo or what.

Heads up Chewie - they don't take Paypal returns at their retail stores. You may want to call CS to cancel ahead of time. I learned this the hard way when I ordered a Jays hat last year

https://www.sportchek.ca/help-desk/ordering/paypal.html

Thanks for the note. I wondered about that. Shit, guess I'll call them.

I thought I saw some in stock the other day when I went to pre-order ReCore. In case they don't have it, how are the grips on the new white controllers (the ones released alongside the Xbox One S)? I have an original black controller, but I don't think I can go back to non-grip after playing with the Lunar White for so long.

That's what she said.

The grips aren't as pronounced on the S controller, unfortunately. They're there, but not nearly as good.

Well, I pre-ordered the Pro anyways. I don't get charged till it ships and if more info releases in the next two months that changes my opinion, I'll at least have one reserved. There's really no risk here.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's truly mind boggling how they don't have a 4K UHD drive in there.

Xenoflare

I gotta say I went with the Xbox One S thinking that there will be no slim and neo being over $550 at least

Pleasantly surprised, the pro price is right where the 2TB XB1S stands

It's truly mind boggling how they don't have a 4K UHD drive in there.

I think they wanted to keep the price at $400 USD. It's a expense thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom