• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh924

Banned
I have a question that doesn't concern deals; for whatever reason, the RB button on my XB1 Lunar White controller popped out. I can sort of pop it back in, but it doesn't lock in, so there's an extremely high risk of it popping back out during gameplay. My question is this; I bought a Product Replacement Plan from EB back when I first bought the controller. Will they give me a new Lunar White controller (assuming they have one in stock) or is there any sort of catch that would prevent them from doing that?

Edit: In case anyone was wondering, the PRP hasn't yet expired.

vulva

Great, thanks! I am in Toronto, but I don't go to FGC events and I work crazy hours. Shipping is make or break for me, even for operations based in TO. Appreciate it!

Just spoke with the owner, he says shipping should be taken care of now and he takes care of the shipping himself :)

I have a question that doesn't concern deals; for whatever reason, the RB button on my XB1 Lunar White controller popped out. I can sort of pop it back in, but it doesn't lock in, so there's an extremely high risk of it popping back out during gameplay. My question is this; I bought a Product Replacement Plan from EB back when I first bought the controller. Will they give me a new Lunar White controller (assuming they have one in stock) or is there any sort of catch that would prevent them from doing that?

No, I'm sure you'll be 100% fine with just walking in, showing it to them and asking for a new one. Just make sure you have your receipt.

Note: Don't expect the Lunar to be in stock, though. They may have to give you a different controller. I don't think my local store has any, but Walmart has had some overstock.

Madness

PRP means they either replace with identical item or something similar. I would first try and see if they have any lunar white in stock and do exchange. Otherwise they might give you something comparable ie. Newer white bluetooth controller or one of the Chief controllers.

Don't really see any reason they would try and deny the replacement. As long as you don't get someone who tries to say it was deliberate.

josh924

Banned
No, I'm sure you'll be 100% fine with just walking in, showing it to them and asking for a new one. Just make sure you have your receipt.

Note: Don't expect the Lunar to be in stock, though. They may have to give you a different controller. I don't think my local store has any, but Walmart has had some overstock.

I thought I saw some in stock the other day when I went to pre-order ReCore. In case they don't have it, how are the grips on the new white controllers (the ones released alongside the Xbox One S)? I have an original black controller, but I don't think I can go back to non-grip after playing with the Lunar White for so long.

That's what she said.

RS4-

Who the hell was that guy that did the custom HDD covers for the ps4? I swear it was someone from around here.

Or maybe it was just custom game covers lol.

khaaan

There are only a few things I want to know about Slime/Neo. Are they quiet? How much do they cost? And what is the extent some game are going to benefit from the Neo?

If the Neo is quiet, gives me better frame rates for some old and new games (Bloodborne, Uncharted, FFXV), and is sub ~$200 after trading in my PS4 then I'm down. Otherwise the only thing the slim has to do to convince me is be a quiet console.

Edit: Random aside, what's up with the NES classic? No pre-orders anywhere yet?

Kyolux

There are only a few things I want to know about Slime/Neo. Are they quiet? How much do they cost? And what is the extent some game are going to benefit from the Neo?

If the Neo is quiet, gives me better frame rates for some old and new games (Bloodborne, Uncharted, FFXV), and is sub ~$200 after trading in my PS4 then I'm down. Otherwise the only thing the slim has to do to convince me is be a quiet console.

Same for me for Neo, except I'm fine with sub ~300. But quietness is a big one for me too. Sometimes I feel like my PS4 is dying.

N° 2048

100% agreed.

I had to repaste my PS4 twice now because it's just shit at exhausting heat.

khaaan

Same for me for Neo, except I'm fine with sub ~300. But quietness is a big one for me too. Sometimes I feel like my PS4 is dying.

100% agreed.

I had to repaste my PS4 twice now because it's just shit at exhausting heat.

I'm concerned every time I play my PS4, it's ridiculous. I was going to repaste it but I'm holding onto EB doing a trade-in promotion towards a Slim/Neo and the guy told me they can't take it if the warranty sticker is removed.

I check Amazon a few times a day and nuttin. Can't wait for preorders to arrive so I can stop checking ffs!

I haven't seen any.

Even EBGames is showing me stuff from NIS America instead of Nintendo when I search for "NES Classic".

Guess I'll keep on waiting :(
It's coming fairly soon though, early November if I remember correctly.

ohlawd

THIS BOX. oh and no customs. only needed a signature

optimized-img_201609041ymx.jpg

I don't even wanna open her anymore. just gonna keep her in there

Kyolux

so.. 549 PS4 Pro... hmm... Hopefully I can get 250 for a PS4 and PS3.

And another person changing their mind about getting my Deus Ex copy.. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Where'd you get the Canadian pricing from? Why can't they be like Microsoft and make it 499, I'm not spending an extra 50
PSVR = $400 US but $550 CAD
There's no reason to expect a different conversion for the PS4P.

FrsDvl

Meh I guess I'll hold off on the Pro, keep the money in my pocket and buy a nice 4K screen first. 550 is too steep. And it doesn't even have a UHD player built in. Maybe waiting for Scorpio is the right thing to do.

UberTag

Meh I guess I'll hold off on the Pro, keep the money in my pocket and buy a nice 4K screen first. 550 is too steep. And it doesn't even have a UHD player built in. Maybe waiting for Scorpio is the right thing to do.
That would be the disciplined choice to make.

Ondore

Going rate for the PS4 Fat is still $370, right? Because if that's the case, the Slim is *another* price increase (only $10, but still).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom