• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfChaos

They said they could downscale for 1080p which would absolutely be a noted benefit (better AA and textures). Some devs like for ROTR offered 3 options, 1080p high framerate, 1080p balls out visuals, or high res.

I'd say you'd get a lot of the benefit even on 1080p, especially if the 1080p TV has HDR (though few do).

kevin1025

Banned
PS4 Pro is up for preorder at Best Buy now

Gonna cancel the amazon order I made yesterday, as I had $65 on a gift card that I got from best buy for trading in my old, glitchy phone that was unsellable on kijiji, and the copy of Halo 5 that I got with the XB1S. Funnily enough, it covers the tax exactly, so my credit card is going to get charged 499.99 when it ships.

Add the $300 I got for selling my ps4 the other day, I'm only paying $200 out of pocket, which is basically what I paid out of pocket for the XB1S as well after trading the old XB1 in. Not bad.

Did you have trouble finding a buyer at $300? I'm going to sell my PS4 starting Saturday, hopefully for the same price.

suikodan

BestBuy.ca $ 5.00 Digital Dollar code - Quote to see... I won't use it...

Your Digital Dollar code can be used towards the purchase of any product of your choice, excluding gift cards, and is valid until 9/18/2016. To use your Bestbuy.ca Digital Dollar code, simply enter the code in the Promotional Code field in your shopping cart. Your Digital Dollar code can only be used on orders that are placed for shipping; they cannot be used on in store Reserve & Pick Up orders.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
BestBuy.ca $ 5.00 Digital Dollar code - Quote to see... I won't use it...

Your Digital Dollar code can be used towards the purchase of any product of your choice, excluding gift cards, and is valid until 9/18/2016. To use your Bestbuy.ca Digital Dollar code, simply enter the code in the Promotional Code field in your shopping cart. Your Digital Dollar code can only be used on orders that are placed for shipping; they cannot be used on in store Reserve & Pick Up orders.

Someone already used it it looks like. Would have took it for Mirror's Edge otherwise. :/

FOOD DEAL

Just saw a commercial that A&W's teen burger is 3.50???
I had two for lunch on Tuesday, my stomach hasn't been the same all week...

Keep thinking I want to order a pro as I can just use my one s for 4k blurays but then I saw the same FPS as slim in MP and 310w power draw. Maybe once GT is out, then I will break and grab a bunch of exclusives at once.

farisr

Did you have trouble finding a buyer at $300? I'm going to sell my PS4 starting Saturday, hopefully for the same price.
No, found a buyer within a couple of hours. The buyer knew about the slim & pro as well, but they thought it was coming out next year. This was almost two weeks ago.

Now that the price has officially been announced though, it may take a bit longer, and if the OG PS4 stays in stock and also drops to $380, I don't think $300 is going to cut it for many people. If it goes out of stock, yeah I don't think there'll be any issue finding someone willing to pay $300.

Anyways, won't hurt to put it up and try.

380 for a slim version 3 years after release is ridiculous for a console I bought at release for 400. Obviously I understand the reasoning for it but holy crap. Ready for that dollar to bounce back any year now!

If the dollar was the same as it was 3 years ago you would've paid $500, so a $120 drop in 3 years isn't unreasonable.

Shoeless

Keep thinking I want to order a pro as I can just use my one s for 4k blurays but then I saw the same FPS as slim in MP and 310w power draw.

Just keep in mind that 310w power draw is the ceiling of its power consumption. It's not going to be using up that much juice on a constant basis.

Have any bundles been announced for the Pro? 500 bones is way too much to swallow for stand alone system.

Nope. 1TB core is all you get. But maybe it will be supply constrained anyway, so might have to wait on a bundle or wait for one of those unofficial Black Friday bundles where stores pack in stuff on their own.

farisr

Have any bundles been announced for the Pro? 500 bones is way too much to swallow for stand alone system.
None announced, but amazon.ca lists the Pro as "Bundle edition" whatever the heck that means.

Maybe there is a bundle incoming that they're aware of, but the game hasn't been decided yet or something. Or it's just an amazon error.

Black Friday is 2 weeks after the system releases, what I'm planning to do is (if there is no bundle ahead of time), not open my Pro that arrives on the 10th or 11th, be on the lookout for bundle deals, if there are any, I'll just return the non-bundled Pro, and get the BF bundle.

No idea if this was posted before, but I was bored and browsing Amazon and noticed Sea of Thieves pre-order is 50% off for Xbox One...

Yeah it's been that way since at least E3. I think it was either BestBuy or Amazon that dropped it first and then everyone else followed.

Game is still $60 usd in the States it's a bit bizarre but I'm not complaining.

Kyolux

As I'm trying to unload a lot of things from my house.

I was considering selling my Real Arcade Pro V3 SA

It still works well. Compatible with PS3, PS4 and PC. (Maybe other stuff I haven't tested)

For PS4 only tried it with KoF 14 though. I guess it'd work only for games that support Legacy PS3 sticks.

Anyway, pm if you're interested.

edit: Also... lol at the $711 price.

Robert807

I got a question. I got one of those save 20% off coupons when I bought my uncharted ps4 a few months ago. I was going to add a few pre order games to my cart and than use the code. It doesn't give me the option to add the discount code in the check out screen. Plus I can't pre order more than 1 game at a time. It makes me proceed to pay for the game. But let's saw I want to add other games like madden I get the add to cart and continue shopping. It also has add discount code to before check out screen. This is weird.

LowRoller

I got a question. I got one of those save 20% off coupons when I bought my uncharted ps4 a few months ago. I was going to add a few pre order games to my cart and than use the code. It doesn't give me the option to add the discount code in the check out screen. Plus I can't pre order more than 1 game at a time. It makes me proceed to pay for the game. But let's saw I want to add other games like madden I get the add to cart and continue shopping. It also has add discount code to before check out screen. This is weird.

You can't use that code when pre ordering games.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How much would a great condition but used iPhone 6 16GB go for on Kijiji?
300-400?
Locked to Telus.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Some people are selling it around $400-$450. I guess the price you mentioned isn't bad.
Hmm, cool, cool. It's in excellent condition, no scratches or cracks. I'll list it at $460 or something and see if anyone bites.

Moltenix

How much could I get for a Vita on kijiji these days?

It's a non-OLED slim model with the default 8gb mem card. Pretty much collecting dust these days so I wouldn't mind putting some of the funds towards a new slim PS4.

Microsoft Store is supposedly offering $150 (according to rfd) for trading in Vita towards Xbox One S but I already have an OG XB1.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Any CraveTV subscribers with XB1s here? Did the app actually ever come out? I saw a press release stating it was released but I was never able to find it.

DEALS

Walmart has DualShock 4s of varying colours on sale for $60.96. I guess they're trying to get rid of stock before the new one comes out, but what's interesting is the flyer doesn't show the before price and instead says "$60.96 everyday."

Buy an Xbox One S 2TB at Best Buy and get NHL 17 for free

Get $15 off of an Xbox One controller with purchase of a console at Best Buy.

Overwatch/LEGO Star Wars TFA = $59.99 at Best Buy

GTA V = $39.99 at Best Buy

Xenoflare

Ok fuck, I'm pissed lol, so many things gone wrong today.

Does Microsoft offers controller replacements for new consoles, I think the audio jack on mine is busted for no particular reasons, tested with 2 headphones and the problem is definitely the controller, tried resetting the console and controller too. The box just doesn't detect the headphone.

There is a MS store near me, and I hope to replace it through that.

Ok fuck, I'm pissed lol, so many things gone wrong today.

Does Microsoft offers controller replacements for new consoles, I think the audio jack on mine is busted for no particular reasons, tested with 2 headphones and the problem is definitely the controller, tried resetting the console and controller too. The box just doesn't detect the headphone.

There is a MS store near me, and I hope to replace it through that.

Retailers allow it, so Microsoft does. I'm sure you won't have a problem provided you have a receipt and bought it there.

Good luck/sorry to hear about your issue.

I've never thought to test that jack in my controllers. I never use any of the ports. It's a bit worrying, but ah well.

Xenoflare

Retailers allow it, so Microsoft does. I'm sure you won't have a problem provided you have a receipt and bought it there.

Good luck/sorry to hear about your issue.

I've never thought to test that jack in my controllers. I never use any of the ports. It's a bit worrying, but ah well.

It's a hardware problem for sure since if I don't plug the headphone all the way in I can hear the noise, and the box picks it up, and if I click it in it's gone again.

The standard exchanges dates for these are 90 days right, because I'm 5 days over for a month.

Edit: okay wtf it's working again from multiple tests. Jesus, does broken internet correspond with this?

Any CraveTV subscribers with XB1s here? Did the app actually ever come out? I saw a press release stating it was released but I was never able to find it.

Yeah it totally came out a little bit ago, it was broken yesterday for me but generally it works fine except for some fucking stupid design decisions that carry over from the website (your queue will only play the next episode, if you want to watch a different episode you have to find the show normally by searching and do it there)

I got my artist quality pencil crayons from Amazon yesterday. They went with Canada Post. It only took a day to ship, once they finally sent them. But it was well before the 12th which was their estimate.

I was worried about having pencil crayons sent through the mail, especially a set that cost $100 but is worth $250+, but they were in a tin and they put a decent amount of packing paper in with them. I opened them up and everything was okay outside of a white one that was wedged in-between its tray and the side of the tin. But that doesn't seem indicative of a shipping issue given how many trays there are on top and how no other pencil crayon was affected so I assume it was manufacturing. It looks like it may have been chipped slightly, but no big deal.

The jerseys came within a day, too. They were just in bagged packaging, which was a bit worrying. I dropped one of the bags at the mailbox and it got a bit dirty, so I figured I'd give that one to my friend because he's not nuts like me. But I think that's the jersey I ended up keeping.

I opened one and tried it on, but noticed it had a thread hanging at the back (potential flaw), so I decided to keep the other one which seems fine. I got worried, though, because somehow my fingernail caught on a tiny thread when I checked the one I kept, but I was careful and didn't pull it to avoid making a flaw (which would drive me insane.)

Anyways, I've since checked that area with my finger and with the light of my phone's flash and can't see any hint of it or a flaw. So I assume it's okay.

I have $15 credit to Newegg I have to spend within 2 weeks. Any suggestions? Everything that's cheap-ish there seems to have expensive shipping fees... doh!

zroid

Banned
well what a surprise, amazon actually shipped trails cs yesterday so I'm probably getting it today. was expecting it to ship today and wait till next week. I'll take it!

Clive

Don't think Divinity: Original Sin has been as low as $25 for retail copies before but now it is at BB. One of the best current gen RPGs but it feels it flew under many people's radars. It's also out of print at Amazon so chances are it's not going to get cheaper.

10 Copies left (PS4)
Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom