• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that's bullshit. Hadn't ordered from them for a while, it definitely wasn't like that before. Bleh... with Best Buy arbitrarily deciding they won't ship a bunch of games to Québec (no, language laws are not to blame) and most other retailers getting out of gaming altogether, I don't have many other options unfortunately... To think I really loved shopping on Amazon not so long ago...

zroid

Banned
Wow, that's bullshit. Hadn't ordered from them for a while, it definitely wasn't like that before. Bleh... with Best Buy arbitrarily deciding they won't ship a bunch of games to Québec (no, language laws are not to blame) and most other retailers getting out of gaming altogether, I don't have many other options unfortunately... To think I really loved shopping on Amazon not so long ago...

Strange that I might end up accepting the digital future not because digital software is superior to physical software (it isn't), but because the retail landscape has become so bleak

ys45

They did that last week with my pre-order of Trails of Cold Steel 2 .
On Thursday night I sent them an email, saying it was ridiculous to keep an in-stock item and not ship it just because I took free shipping

Someone from Amazon answered within an hour saying they had an "issue" with the shipping system that was preventing the shipping of my game .
I got my game on next Monday via Purolator :p

I had to do that a lot recently otherwise I think I would get my games like 2 weeks after release date which is completely ridiculous .

BTW, have people who pre-ordered ReCore on Amazon gotten Banjo Nuts & Bolts codes? It says "at participating retailers" but that's it on the page. Just curious.

Tik-Tok

My Amazon order of NBA 2k17 Early Tip Off Edition shipped today, which is amazing considering I didn't get the early tip off edition last year until days after the game actually released, totally defeating the purpose of the early tip off shit.

Also game is 79.96, discounted 15.99 for E3 order. Seems like they didn't fuck up my disount? This is my first order I've received from this years E3 and I was nervous about the debacles.

tiijj

Did anyone who pre-ordered DQ7 from BB got their shipping info? I think my card has already been charged but no email or info yet.

SickBoy

BTW, have people who pre-ordered ReCore on Amazon gotten Banjo Nuts & Bolts codes? It says "at participating retailers" but that's it on the page. Just curious.

I can't comment on this case in particular, but I think Amazon is the worst retailer when it comes to actually delivering on promised preorder codes. Nine times out of 10, codes aren't a huge deal to me, but I do wish Amazon would do a better job of it nonetheless.

In fairness, the last game I ordered that included a code (can't remember what it was), they did send it in a timely fashion.

Indelible

Did anyone who pre-ordered DQ7 from BB got their shipping info? I think my card has already been charged but no email or info yet.

I was charged last night but no shipping email yet. I miss the days of BB shipping on Wednesday and receiving the game on Friday release.

Shoeless

Strange that I might end up accepting the digital future not because digital software is superior to physical software (it isn't), but because the retail landscape has become so bleak

I went pretty much digital with this console generation, and I have to admit, the convenience is huge. It's nice pre-ordering a game on the day, or days before, letting it pre-load and then, right at midnight, being able to start it up and play without having to get in line at an EB and then scurry home afterwards. Recent hijinks with Amazon Canada in how long they're taking to ship orders with Free Shipment selected have contributed somewhat to my decision as well.

If you're not interested in collector's editions or having a shelf lined with games, digital is the way to go in terms of convenience, but it's not for everyone.

chrono01

I just emailed Amazon, and I wasn't too happy.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X and God Eater 2 were both released on August 30th. I received neither. I doubt I'll even be receiving the pre-order bonus for Hatsune Miku anymore. Trails of Cold Steel and MeiQ were released on September 6th and 13th. Once again, no shipment. I also noticed a charge on my credit card from Amazon.ca, but yet nothing has gone out. This was on September 12th.

It's just so infuriating the way Amazon.ca handles the shipment of games. Meanwhile, BestBuy emailed me yesterday about shipment for Dragon Quest VII (3DS) which isn't released until the 16th! That's how you're supposed to do things.

Since the E3 deal last year was so lackluster and the one we get next year will probably be the same, I think it's safe to leave Amazon.ca behind. The only good thing about them now are possible price errors, but even that's not worth it when you need to wait 3+ weeks for the shipping of a damn game.

Gitaroo

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X and God Eater 2 were both released on August 30th. I received neither. I doubt I'll even be receiving the pre-order bonus for Hatsune Miku anymore. Trails of Cold Steel and MeiQ were released on September 6th and 13th. Once again, no shipment. I also noticed a charge on my credit card from Amazon.ca, but yet nothing has gone out. This was on September 12th.

It's just so infuriating the way Amazon.ca handles the shipment of games. Meanwhile, BestBuy emailed me yesterday about shipment for Dragon Quest VII (3DS) which isn't released until the 16th! That's how you're supposed to do things.

Since the E3 deal last year was so lackluster and the one we get next year will probably be the same, I think it's safe to leave Amazon.ca behind. The only good thing about them now are possible price errors, but even that's not worth it when you need to wait 3+ weeks for the shipping of a damn game.

took me 3 emails to get them to finally move their ass and ship my stuffs this monday and just receive my trail and miku yesterday. Recore was ship on release day and I couldnt even cancel it in time.

tiijj

Well they do that for any order that uses free shipping, so it's not just games.

Da Fro

My live subscription ends on October 6th. On the dashboard Microsoft is offering 20% off 12 months making it $47.99.
My question is there any place cheaper than that in Canada?

zroid

Banned
Best Buy used to be so good about getting me games on release day, but it's been awful for a year now, and that trend looks to continue with DQ7. Not charged yet, so it's virtually guaranteed it won't ship till tomorrow.

Everyone's talking about 4K and I just realized I haven't even upgraded past a 720p Insignia from Future Shop.

Any good TV recommendations/ deals going on right now?

Vamphuntr

Yeah my Cold Steel II hasn't ship either but it was part of my E3 order so I'm not that mad since it was cheap. Still Amazon is now even more terrible with shipping if you don't have prime and I don't think Canadian prime is worth it. The only thing they are now good for are really limited CE preorders.

If they don't want to offer good services to all kind of customers they might as well require a prime membership to even buy from them.

Grimsen

Wow so cheap! I can't wait to buy one!!

My boss told me they're so expensive because they're not mass market. Not many of these panels get manufactured.

I'm sure we'll get some consumer grade monitors eventually. I can't wait, I'm 100% sold on HDR. It blew me away, more so than when I saw 4K for the first time.

xclaw

Holding onto the 1080p team until I see some actual numbers that would indicate an upgrade is needed. Thankfully all the good 1080 screens will be dirt cheap in a couple months with the 4k rush!

Still waiting on my DQ7 to ship from Best Buy, though I recently got a new credit card and had to change the one on my order so I suspect that's probably the reason.

espher

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisio...6-series-4k-uhd-tv-2016-model-un55ku6290fxza/

I keep waffling back and forth on this TV and was looking for some thoughts. Leon's is doing their stupid VIP sale thing and has it for $1,200 (same as Best Buy/Walmart this week), but they also have a 50 month "interest-free" payment plan or w/e (for their usual $90 totally-not-interest financing fee) which gives me some payment flexibility vs. trying to power through it in six months (I need the payment flexibility b/c I had to replace a washer/dryer set that died). That payment plan offer ends tonight so I'm kind of on a time crunch (the price itself runs another week iirc).

I've got a 40" 1080p Samsung display that I bought back in... probably 2008 or 2009 that I'm still happy with, but I was looking for something a little bigger and this was hovering right around my "I'm OK with this" price threshold. It seems to review decently well but I'm not sure if there's better bang-for-my-buck out there that I'm just not aware of, or if I should hold off until next year and see if we get a big drop or some pricing improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom