• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are y'all keeping your PSVR preorders? I'm undecided..

Mine is with Amazon, so I dunno if it would be easy to return or not if I have second thoughts.

Already cancelled mine. Partially because of cost, partially because I already have an Oculus Rift I don't use enough, and partially because if PSVR somehow becomes a huge hit (something I doubt more and more each day), I'll probably be able to pick one up later anyways.

Renewed

The way it's always worked for me is I receive the "dispatch from outward exchange" on my tracking (when using the Japan postal service tracking) and then, once it hits Canada, I use that same tracking number (on Canada Post's website) to track the progress from then onward. You won't receive another update on the Japanese postal office/tracking system after it leaves Japan, until it hits Canadian customs. Once it does, you can track it the rest of the way.

SAL can take a long time to reach customs, though. I once had to wait close to two months for a shipment, but generally it's around 3 weeks or so for me.

That's what I always do. It's just that I still don't have any tracking update through JapanPost and everytime I check Canada Post it doesn't exist there. I feel like my shipping method is to blame.

Hmm...so now the controller is in Memphis. It's globetrotting.

2:32 am In transit MEMPHIS, TN

1:02 am Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

9/13/2016 - Tuesday
9:15 pm In transit TA YUAN HSIANG TW

8:50 pm In transit TA YUAN HSIANG TW

4:11 pm Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

1:40 pm Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

----------------------------------------------

PSVR is too expensive to jump into at launch for me. I just can't justify it.

I liked it when I used it, but I still worry it'll peter out and be a gimmick. I'll wait for impressions and news of more lengthy games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm still waiting to see if they fix things. If not, I won't bother and chalk it up to never supporting Aksys ever again.

I know, if you contact Customer Support and put in work, you might get a promise that they'll refund you on the import tax. You might even actually get it refunded. As for me, I'm not going to leave it to chance, especially since we're talking close to $70 for me. It's a free item, and while I'd love to have it (it's why I imported the damn game from the US in the first place, passing on the discounted E3 pre-orders), I'm not about to pay that much for it. I even went so far as to order both a 3DS and Vita copy, and I'm still only entitled to one watch. Apparently, you had to have them in separate orders to receive a watch with each, despite the website saying nothing to that effect.

So yeah, fun times.
I just ordered it to just get it out of my head. Hopefully the refund happens.

Oh, were we supposed to have gotten an e-mail about that by now? I have yet to.
Yeah, if you go to the main thread, you'll see it's a mess.

kaiyo

Hmm...so now the controller is in Memphis. It's globetrotting.

2:32 am In transit MEMPHIS, TN

1:02 am Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

9/13/2016 - Tuesday
9:15 pm In transit TA YUAN HSIANG TW

8:50 pm In transit TA YUAN HSIANG TW

4:11 pm Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

1:40 pm Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

----------------------------------------------

PSVR is too expensive to jump into at launch for me. I just can't justify it.

I liked it when I used it, but I still worry it'll peter out and be a gimmick. I'll wait for impressions and news of more lengthy games.

You will probably get it today

my current e3 amazon order:

Delivery estimate: Friday, December 9, 2016 - Thursday, December 15, 2016 by 8:00pm
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Nintendo 3DS
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 59.99
Release date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016

why? :) ...

Sounds about right if your not a Prime member.

Gimped shipping. Prime is possible the stupidest thing to exist on Amazon IMO.

well, yeah, but the other 10 games on the order have shipping somewhere around a week of release, so i still don't get it. low number of copies being released by atlus maybe?...

Mine says January 2018 so don't worry...

i'm starting to think any games other than the triple-a variety may be becoming something of a crapshoot on amazon.ca (just canceled my e3 order for psycho-pass: mandatory happiness, which released yeaterday, after amazon informed me they were 'still trying to obtain' the item? hunh?)...

SickBoy

To answer the PSVR question, I'm not sure if I'll keep the preorder. I've got the money budgeted for it, but if I buy it, that'll be money I don't have for NX, for example.

I'm itching for Nintendo to unveil NX so I can make an informed decision about how to spend my money. I don't want to buy both, at least not immediately.

LowRoller

To answer the PSVR question, I'm not sure if I'll keep the preorder. I've got the money budgeted for it, but if I buy it, that'll be money I don't have for NX, for example.

I'm itching for Nintendo to unveil NX so I can make an informed decision about how to spend my money. I don't want to buy both, at least not immediately.
This is pretty much what i'm doing. Hope the reveal is in october.

kevin1025

Banned
Sorry for being paranoid and asking this (kind of) again...

So I got my new Visa debit card today. I went onto Amazon and edited the expiry date, which seems to be the only other piece of information I needed to change (it doesn't ask for the CVV code). So when the next thing (Gears 4) comes out, it should just grab from the only info available, right? It won't go haywire looking for the old expiring date?

The order only shows the new info, so I'm guessing so. But I also can't seem to edit the oldest order, with FF15 and Kingdom Hearts, so I'm hoping it's the case!

I bought a gear VR and it's been really good, good enough that it'll tide me over and I'm probably gonna cancel my psvr. Just seems pointless to do a half step up when I could wait and go big after I see what Xbox does with Scorpio and VR or I may just build a new gaming pc.

Murdamonk

Mine is with Amazon, so I dunno if it would be easy to return or not if I have second thoughts.

Had the PSVR preordered, the Pro preordered.

I'm debating if I should cancel one of the two or both...

I haven't been convinced with any games on the PSVR yet.

and since i don't have a 4k or a HDR TV, I don't know if the PRO is worth it.

October is already projected to be really costly with Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dragon Quest Builders, Battlefield 1 and World of Final Fantasy all coming out...

farisr

Definitely keeping mine. I enjoyed the couple of times I have gotten to try it, and am looking forward to the Pro improvements as well. It was the demo disc that sealed the deal. It shows that they're confident in the experience offering, and will also let me try out the games before spending the $20-60 on them which is a plus.

As for amazon returns, at worst, you'd have to cover return shipping (depending on how you handle it, sometimes you can get amazon to cover it)

I have a PSVR pre-order but am considering PS Pro instead. Any Canadian retailers doing trade ins for OG PS4's toward PS Pro? I would need either that or being to sell on Craigslist for at least $200 to even consider PS Pro.

I have a PSVR pre-order but am considering PS Pro instead. Any Canadian retailers doing trade ins for OG PS4's toward PS Pro? I would need either that or being to sell on Craigslist for at least $200 to even consider PS Pro.

Not sure what the value is like now, but when I sold my OG PS4 on craigslist back in June, I got $325 Canadian for it. (Crosspost)

Dazzler

Cancelled my PSVR pre-order last week, saw nothing to tempt me to keep it. The cost is just too high and I could use the money to go home to Ireland for Christmas instead

Not that I've seen but I don't think the deals will appear until launch day or nearby because of all the people who want to swap up (and probably with the same "you have x days to bring in your old console at EB games)

DQ7 probably won't get here from Best Buy until Monday, but I think I'm alright with that. I'm pretty busy up until then.

ef612d9527.png

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I just called Best Buy and they said they won't be shipping DQVII until tomorrow. I fucking hate Nintendo and their stupid Friday releases. ._.

killroy87

Has anyone had an order at best buy decline processing due to payment not going through? My credit card was stolen, and my DQ7 order slipped through the cracks while I was changing payment info. I got an email saying payment couldn't be processed on my old card (which makes sense), and I'm just curious how long it generally takes before it will go through again.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Has anyone had an order at best buy decline processing due to payment not going through? My credit card was stolen, and my DQ7 order slipped through the cracks while I was changing payment info. I got an email saying payment couldn't be processed on my old card (which makes sense), and I'm just curious how long it generally takes before it will go through again.
Usually within an hour after you update the payment.

Interesting that they're charging you though, they told me no authorization charges would happen until tomorrow.

N° 2048

Of course when I am the most broke. My life...

EDIT: fuck it, bought one. I'll return it if I feel regret once it arrives..

Moltenix

How much could I get for a used Vita (slim) these days?

Called up EB and they're offering $50 but there's also a bonus $50 for trading a system towards a new PS4. $100 isn't terrible and I might go this route since local sellers seem to be asking for similar.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Has Amazon started sitting on orders for in-stock stuff when you choose free shipping?

I know they often did it for preorders, but so far shipping was very fast when I ordered non-preorder, in-stock stuff. But at the beginning of this week, I ordered the Sega 3D Classics Collection and a couple of other stuff and it still hasn't shipped... It's pretty annoying.

Dazzler

Has Amazon started sitting on orders for in-stock stuff when you choose free shipping?

I know they often did it for preorders, but so far shipping was very fast when I ordered non-preorder, in-stock stuff. But at the beginning of this week, I ordered the Sega 3D Classics Collection and a couple of other stuff and it still hasn't shipped... It's pretty annoying.

They've been doing this for a while now

It's gross

Don't shop with them

tiijj

They do that with regular order, they usually ship 1-2 days before the estimated arrival date which is usually 1 week after you order. Their estimate is around ~1-2 weeks.

You're basically not paying for shipping speed, you're paying for dispatching the item speed. So factor in a week if you wan't free shipping with amazon, if you want faster free shipping you gotta pay them or go to BB or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom