• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

I think everyone's E3 pre-order for World of Final Fantasy from a year ago got bumped to the LE.

I noticed when I went to go check the current price via My Orders, and it linked to the LE.
I was going to cancel because there's no way I have time for a 100 hour RPG right now especially with FFXV around the corner, but now it's too late because it's being shipped to day, set to arrive Nov 2-4.

Nothing beats when already discounted MGR pre-orders at Best Buy got bumped to the plasma lamp LE, though.

Yeah. MGR was pretty sweet. Had to pay some extra because they sent me the 360 version back then instead of the PS3.

Luigi87

I think everyone's E3 pre-order for World of Final Fantasy from a year ago got bumped to the LE.

I noticed when I went to go check the current price via My Orders, and it linked to the LE.
I was going to cancel because there's no way I have time for a 100 hour RPG right now especially with FFXV around the corner, but now it's too late because it's being shipped to day, set to arrive Nov 2-4.

Nothing beats when already discounted MGR pre-orders at Best Buy got bumped to the plasma lamp LE, though.

Still got the lamp sitting next to me~
... I should actually plug it in, lol

Grimsen

For those that still care, TRU seems to be restocking on Disney Infinity figures, and their clearance deal is 4.99$ per fig, 9.99$ per playset.

I picked up some figures for Christmas, stuff that wasn't on the shelves when the figures were originally discounted.

Dash and Violet from the incredibles
Elsa
Magician Mickey
Tinkerbell
Sadness
Boba
Light up Kylo
Loki
Rocket raccoon
Woody

The newer marvel figures were nowhere to be found though, but hopefully they'll show up (again) eventually.

For those that still care, TRU seems to be restocking on Disney Infinity figures, and their clearance deal is 4.99$ per fig, 9.99$ per playset.

I picked up some figures for Christmas, stuff that wasn't on the shelves when the figures were originally discounted.

Dash and Violet from the incredibles
Elsa
Magician Mickey
Tinkerbell
Sadness
Boba
Light up Kylo
Loki
Rocket raccoon
Woody

The newer marvel figures were nowhere to be found though, but hopefully they'll show up (again) eventually.

Their online has basically nothing listed, guess I'm taking a trip up tomorrow.

Ok, Amazon rep told me that there is no copies of WoFF Limited Edition PS4 available for shipment for my order at the moment but my copy is set to ship on October 31st. I hope that they are truly going to receive more...

etta

my hard graphic balls
State of Decay is $9.90 on Xbox Marketplace, to buy or not to buy...
I kinda want the physical version, I'm guessing it will be like $15 on Boxing Day.
Hmmm...

Oh and Resident Evil, 0, 4, 5, and 6 are on sale, too.

State of Decay is $9.90 on Xbox Marketplace, to buy or not to buy...
I kinda want the physical version, I'm guessing it will be like $15 on Boxing Day.
Hmmm...

Oh and Resident Evil, 0, 4, 5, and 6 are on sale, too.

Looks like a really good sale this week, lots of horror games.

Dead Rising 3 apocalypse edition for ~$10 is a steal.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sounds like 230 CAD because retailers here like fucking everyone.

Lmfao, same with the 1060 being $350+, 1070 being $530+... etc.
I hope the sales drop like a tank and they end up losing money on stock, fucking pricks.

EB and Walmart were sold out of Battlefield 1 on PS4, which surprised me. I guess it's doing really well.

Part of me wanted to buy the light blue Xbox One controller I told myself I'd never buy, but I didn't and don't plan to.

Also ended up finding a bunch of boxes of Cheerios with the free movie ticket offer, at another Walmart, so I snagged two for $5 each. I eat a lot of cereal and love free movies.

Amazon has been fucking with me since I got Prime. They changed my shipping speed on one of my orders without my consent after not shipping on time and now they charge me shipping on an E3 order where I picked free shipping.

I talked to Amazon support again tonight, and got someone I'd spoken with before, I believe. He was kind of a dick this time around, which I felt was uncalled for.

I placed the order for the three adult colouring books I mentioned before, after picking up a gift card. My balance covered it, but I just went with free shipping to save money and because I don't have a credit card or Prime.

I, of course, selected for it to ship the cheapest way and to bundle if need be, but wondered why they would wait to bundle two books together when one comes out in January and another in June.

My email said those two would ship in June and the other would ship alone in December. I'd live with it, but figured I'd ask about it, because when I looked at my order it said that the one book that was to ship in June didn't have a shipping date.

I double-checked with CS, and he said it shows they'll ship individually. I said that was weird given what I'd seen and he got snarky.

Mind is twist.

B1 or TF2?

I'd go for Titanfall 2, myself. The campaign sounds better, and so does the multiplayer.

Personal bias: Titanfall was one of the few recent multiplayer experiences that hooked me, and I've regretted selling it. And, allthough I really liked Battlefield 1942 plus Bad Company, Battlefield 3 and 4 did nothing for me.

I'm planning to play through both within the next month, though I doubt I'll keep Battlefield.

Ryne

Has Amazon shipped Exist Archive for anyone yet? I'm still waiting for the order to be fulfilled.

Received mine on release day, non-prime shipping with an E3 pre-order.

Also receiving my copy of WoFF tomorrow. Amazon has been good to me with non-prime shipping.

Returners

Kinda OT: where do you guys look to buy TVs?

With Pro coming out soon I'm beginning to think about upgrading... but so far I looked at bestbuy and Costco. Where do you guys look to shop for TVs?

Kinda OT: where do you guys look to buy TVs?

With Pro coming out soon I'm beginning to think about upgrading... but so far I looked at bestbuy and Costco. Where do you guys look to shop for TVs?

Pretty much costco only. Excellent warranty and free delivery within a week.

My less tech savvy buddies prefers smaller independent stereo shops where you can get things like tv stands and speakers thrown in. But often no retuns allowed.

To each their own.

So Microsoft has announced their XB1 S bundles for the holidays. For fuck sake, they suck. There is not a single 500GB bundle with Gears or Forza in Canada. I have a PS4 and was counting on some exclusives to add value to the bundle. I'm thinking I might pass now.

UberTag

So Microsoft has announced their XB1 S bundles for the holidays. For fuck sake, they suck. There is not a single 500GB bundle with Gears or Forza in Canada. I have a PS4 and was counting on some exclusives to add value to the bundle. I'm thinking I might pass now.
The pre-built bundles suck but there should be some tasty retailer bundles that will throw in games like Gears and Forza during Black Friday / Boxing Day. So don't throw in the towel just yet (unless you're waiting for Scorpio like me).

On an unrelated note, I'm always thrilled to see other Canuck fans of the Bruins.

The pre-built bundles suck but there should be some tasty retailer bundles that will throw in games like Gears and Forza during Black Friday / Boxing Day. So don't throw in the towel just yet (unless you're waiting for Scorpio like me).

On an unrelated note, I'm always thrilled to see other Canuck fans of the Bruins.

I hope you're right! I was planning/hoping to get a 500GB bundle with either Gears 4 or Forza for no more than $350 Canadian. One of those games packed with the Halo bundle would actually be perfect. But Microsoft didn't list the Halo one as one of their Holiday bundles so I don't know if it will even be around in the sales.

Haha...people think I'm crazy because I'm a huge fan of the Canucks, Bruins, and Blackhawks.

Gonna try to get Best Buy to price match Animal Crossing New Leaf on Amazon tom. Hopefully I don't get screwed over because the old price isn't listed with a dash over it, Walmart said that shit to me once.

SickBoy

Go with costco. Excellent and cheap warranty plus I don't think they charge on their delivery.

I think that's partly true. There's no delivery fee, but it seems like that cost is wrapped into its online prices -- most stuff is a little bit cheaper if you actually visit a warehouse instead of ordering online...

Lexxism

I think that's partly true. There's no delivery fee, but it seems like that cost is wrapped into its online prices -- most stuff is a little bit cheaper if you actually visit a warehouse instead of ordering online...
Yeah, I just realized this with iTunes cards. Extra $4 if you buy it online.

I am still trying to decide whether to get a one s or wait for a Scorpio. Will depend on prices on boxing day/black Friday. I am thinking the Scorpio will be more money than I should spend on a one that will be just exclusives and rockband. A perfect bundle/deal for me for be a one with halo collection/ halo guardians and gears collection/gears 4.

I am still trying to decide whether to get a one s or wait for a Scorpio. Will depend on prices on boxing day/black Friday. I am thinking the Scorpio will be more money than I should spend on a one that will be just exclusives and rockband. A perfect bundle/deal for me for be a one with halo collection/ halo guardians and gears collection/gears 4.

Yup, this is exactly how I feel. Which is why I'm choked there's no 500GB Gears bundle and the Halo bundle isn't one of their holiday bundles.

it seems amazon.ca hasnt gotten any stock for hunterxhunter volume 1, still no delivery date on release date and you cant even buy it since none of the sellers are amazon.com.ca

killroy87

I forgot, which retailer will instantly email PSN money codes?

The PSN website has gotten buggy to the point where I'm unable to pay, no matter what. So frustrating.

eyesradar

Gonna try to get Best Buy to price match Animal Crossing New Leaf on Amazon tom. Hopefully I don't get screwed over because the old price isn't listed with a dash over it, Walmart said that shit to me once.

I actually never had any issues with BB to price match any Amazon.ca orders as long as:

1. It has stock.
2. It's over Amazon's free shipping threshold.

BTW Animal Crossing is a huge LIFE SUCKER. I feel like I have no real life at all when I was really addicted. Buyers beaware.

Yomawari out of stock on Amazon.ca ? wtf

I noticed that this morning when I noticed that I never got a shipping notification for the game. I'm guessing either they didn't get their their shipment, or received such a small amount from NIS America.

Annoying because I was hoping to play the game this week :/

N° 2048

I noticed that this morning when I noticed that I never got a shipping notification for the game. I'm guessing either they didn't get their their shipment, or received such a small amount from NIS America.

Annoying because I was hoping to play the game this week :/

Was a great deal with the Prime %20 off too.

I'm going to contact CSR and see what they say.

EDIT: Contact CSR

CSR: I am sorry for the trouble.
Please give me a minute.
Thank you for your patience.
I checked and see that the order was stuck and I have rectified it for you. As a compensation I have upgraded the shipping for the order.
Estimated Delivery Date: Thursday, October 27, 2016
I hope this helps.

Lexxism

Public Mobile Deal

You can get a 4GB Data, Unlimited Provincial Call, Global Unlimited text for $40/month. The promo will last from October 25th to November 20th. This only applies to their 90 day plan.

*They are using Telus network*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom