• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

But yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling $399 might be the price, at least the fancy version with a game and maybe the Pro controller. Nothing to back it up, but a feeling!
The lesson is to always expect the worst.
$399 without a game... and without a power cord.
That's over $450 after tax.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah but does your uncle work at nintendo?

Of course Reggie's my uncle. Thats how Im getting into the Switch Event without an invite this weekend.

The lesson is to always expect the worst.
$399 without a game... and without a power cord.
That's over $450 after tax.

Don't think omitting the power cord is going to be a smart move considering it is USB-C. Unless you already know your tech, I don't think a lot of people own USB-C wires.

Hopefully. $300 would be pretty nice but I doubt it. The price of games has me worried though. Please $69.99 max for games. Please not $79.99 nonsense.
for mobile games this shit better be 59 max for big nintendo titles and 39/49 for the rest. This is USD. So add 10 bucks to that for the rest. Even 70 is mad pricey.

Moltenix

Omg, EB Canada just tweeted their Switch bingo card lol

C2BN_fpXEAIcZ8A.jpg

timnich

A buddy of mine works for a major retailer in Canada, he mentioned that the Switch and a bunch of accessories showed up in their system with some specific pricing this week...$70 for a Pro Controller, $50 for a set of JoyCon Controllers. The Switch itself was listed as a bundle for $400, so maybe a standalone unit is $350? Could definitely be a placeholder but it lines up with the leaked Walmart price.

I hesitated posting this as I can't say where he works, but it's so close to the reveal I just went ahead.

Edit: Oh, forgot that he mentioned that both Mario Switch and Zelda were listed at $79.99. Just in case someone was hoping games would follow 3DS game pricing.

A buddy of mine works for a major retailer in Canada, he mentioned that the Switch and a bunch of accessories showed up in their system with some specific pricing this week...$70 for a Pro Controller, $50 for a set of JoyCon Controllers. The Switch itself was listed as a bundle for $400, so maybe a standalone unit is $350? Could definitely be a placeholder but it lines up with the leaked Walmart price.

I hesitated posting this as I can't say where he works, but it's so close to the reveal I just went ahead.

Interesting...

trixx

for mobile games this shit better be 59 max for big nintendo titles and 39/49 for the rest. This is UD. So add 10 bucks to that for the rest. Even 70 is mad pricey.

I agree $59.99 would be the best price for nintendo titles but, no clue. Canada stays getting bsed

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

So... $330 for basic and $400 for the bundle?

kevin1025

Banned

Awesome info, thanks! This is encouraging, bundle for $400 seems reasonable enough!

RaidenXZ

So what are the chances EB Games are going to be taking pre-orders in store tomorrow? Cause I have a gift card to a mall I would like to use on this bad boy and can swing by after work to put in my pre order

kevin1025

Banned
That better one helluva bundle for $400. Pro controller and non-shitty pack-in game pls.

Yeah, hopefully. It'd be reasonable for me if it's a true bundle, where it's the console, Pro controller and something like Splatoon or Zelda. I'm hoping the straight up basic console is the console and that 1, 2, Switch game that's been rumored/leaked (the new Wii Sports-like thingie).

justinluey

Neo Member
I'm taking screenshots of all these "DOA" predictions, especially the ones that reference Canada specifically. Nintendo is stronger in Canada than it is in the U.S.

Stage On

So what are the chances EB Games are going to be taking pre-orders in store tomorrow? Cause I have a gift card to a mall I would like to use on this bad boy and can swing by after work to put in my pre order

I called my local Eb games today to ask and they said they should to be taking preorders tommorow..... My plan is to wake up early so I can be outside the store before it opens

There's a laser show and a DJ at the conference. It'll be $400 now, I'm convinced.
who do you think is subsidizing this event!

It's a real shame our dollar is so terrible. I'm honestly used to it at this point. At least march is when I get my bonus at work. Still holding out for 199 USD surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom