• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
I added my five bucks to Horizon, Mass Effect and Ghost Recon. All are super close so I save sooner!

I cancelled my RE7, so the random monies is fun!

I've got $46 in my PSN Wallet (gift cards/presents/etc), but I try to buy all my games physically.

Should I bite the bullet and get a game on PSN (Thinking Last Guardian or something), or simply save it for DLC for Persona 5, NieR Automata, Gravity Rush 2, etc?

soultron

Banned
I've got $46 in my PSN Wallet (gift cards/presents/etc), but I try to buy all my games physically.

Should I bite the bullet and get a game on PSN (Thinking Last Guardian or something), or simply save it for DLC for Persona 5, NieR Automata, Gravity Rush 2, etc?

I think saving it for DLCs is a great way to go, yeah. Or things that don't simply don't get a physical release?

Mercador

Darkest Dungeon

kevin1025

Banned

I think saving it for DLCs is a great way to go, yeah. Or things that don't simply don't get a physical release?

If you're more into physical, I'd say soultron has it right, then. Save it for DLC, or maybe a digital-only game that catches your eye.

Plus the next flash sale should be next weekend, that could be worth saving up for!

For those that pre-ordered Zelda Art and Artifacts from Indigo, my copy shipped today. Supposed to arrive Feb. 27 though.

Meanwhile, Amazon is promising release day delivery (Feb. 21).

Ken Adams

I traded 2 games for For Honor and I would rather put the $80 credits on something else so I don't know if the same thing would happen...

You should have no problem switching it to something else, i used the switch promo.

Are you sh*tting me?! I've asked TWO employees and they both told me I'd be able to move the preorder credit to other Switch games or accessories, no problem. Goddamn I hate that store... >_>

You will be able to switch it for other switch stuff, i was trying to swith it over to horizon.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
You should have no problem switching it to something else, i used the switch promo.

You will be able to switch it for other switch stuff, i was trying to swith it over to horizon.
Yeah, I went to EB right after seeing your post and was able to move my preorders around to non-shitty games and an extra set of joycons painlessly. I panicked for nothing. :)

Lexxism

Whaaat? EB is selling this? I'm tempted dammit.
Pokemon Snorlax Bean Bag Chair for 199.99
3max.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The deluxe looks pretty but I'm afraid of the price with the regular being $33 and the collector being $50 already.

superbad

I will most likely be cancelling the Switch preorder I have with Best Buy, so the week that RE7 came out, I moved all of my EB preorders without issue.

I had Breath of the Wild, an extra set of Joy-Cons, and the official Nintendo case fully paid off via the 2X credit promo, along with a bit of credit on Binding of Isaac and Has-Been Heroes. I was able to move BotW over to the Wii U version, then fully cancel the others and pick up RE7 for PS4 and the new red Xbox One controller (miss you, Chewie!) without issue. None of the double credit was clawed back.

Either they've now put some kind of fix in place, or the rep you dealt with didn't know what he was doing.

Ken Adams

I will most likely be cancelling the Switch preorder I have with Best Buy, so the week that RE7 came out, I moved all of my EB preorders without issue.

I had Breath of the Wild, an extra set of Joy-Cons, and the official Nintendo case fully paid off via the 2X credit promo, along with a bit of credit on Binding of Isaac and Has-Been Heroes. I was able to move BotW over to the Wii U version, then fully cancel the others and pick up RE7 for PS4 and the new red Xbox One controller (miss you, Chewie!) without issue. None of the double credit was clawed back.

Either they've now put some kind of fix in place, or the rep you dealt with didn't know what he was doing.

For sure a fix is in place. The guy tried everything but nothing worked. He dint know of the switch promo and kept telling me that the credit cuts in half when he tried to switch it over, this all happened yesterday. Im not the only one, preety sure everyone who tried recently got shut down so consider yourself lucky.

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
Just played two days of the For Honor beta on XB1. Had it pre-ordered for $50 from Amazon. Deleted the game and cancelled the pre-order. No frigging thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom