• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG my amazon copy of horizon has a delivery estimate of march 9 to march 16, wtf? If it gets here that late, i might just buy one from bestbuy.
Can i return the amazon copy to a bestbuy store? If the bar code is the same, it should work, right?

trixx

OMG my amazon copy of horizon has a delivery estimate of march 9 to march 16, wtf? If it gets here that late, i might just buy one from bestbuy.
Can i return the amazon copy to a bestbuy store? If the bar code is the same, it should work, right?
Yeah shouldn't be a problem, go to Walmart if worried. Also damn with prime the Zelda bundle is much cheaper

jholmes

For 26 bucks you get the following, which is really tempting.

Ys I & II Chronicles+
YS: THE OATH IN FELGHANA
Ys Origin
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

That's a real good starter set on getting into Ys and again, I recommend you start with Oath. And $26 isn't bad if you're looking to jump into a couple of these right now.

That said each of these was around $5 during the last Steam sale so if you really only want to try one and see what you think, and could hold out for a better deal, I wouldn't leap at that $26 price.

Dorygrant

So I am not the only one worried about their Amazon Zelda BotW Wii U preorder >_> Mine also doesn't have a shipping date (yet persona 5 ps3 has a date and that's a month after). I did free shipping and now I wonder if it will ever even show up :p

Does anybody know a place that's selling Trails of Cold Steel 2 for Vita? I see it on Amazon, but it's the PAL version and has an inflated price. Looking for a sealed copy of the NA version.

I've never ordered something from EBgames.ca, so what are the odds I get my Switch console Day One? I paid for express shipping and all. And failing that, what are the odds they'd let me drive to Brantford warehouse and pick it up since I live an hour away? Anyone have any idea?

I've never ordered something from EBgames.ca, so what are the odds I get my Switch console Day One? I paid for express shipping and all. And failing that, what are the odds they'd let me drive to Brantford warehouse and pick it up since I live an hour away? Anyone have any idea?

Their shipping has been good for me.

That's a real good starter set on getting into Ys and again, I recommend you start with Oath. And $26 isn't bad if you're looking to jump into a couple of these right now.

That said each of these was around $5 during the last Steam sale so if you really only want to try one and see what you think, and could hold out for a better deal, I wouldn't leap at that $26 price.

I think I have an issue. I originally got the something went wrong page click I clicked to complete my order. However, I got the order complete email and it shows that I own the games.

In the order page, it showed order pending and when I try to complete the order, it said I own them already.

Now, my order is completely gone in the order settings but I still own the games. my support ticket is still open so I'm not sure what GOG.com is doing.

Anyone else had this happen?

Renewed

I've ordered online like twice from them but never a console. I received a couple of games at like early morning the next day. I woke up and they were just on the table, apparently a family member received it. I'd say they're good with packaging/shipping and courier although it was Purolator AFAIK.

nath999

They're never going to let you pick it up. They usually ship via purolator but I've never ordred anything from them for release date.

I've ordered online like twice from them but never a console. I received a couple of games at like early morning the next day. I woke up and they were just on the table, apparently a family member received it. I'd say they're good with packaging/shipping and courier although it was Purolator AFAIK.

That makes me feel a lot better about things, thanks!

nath999

How likely is it that best buy delivers the switch on the 3rd and not 8th like amazon?

Hopefully they learn from their mistakes. I preordered my ps4 from Best Buy; it also released on a Friday and they shipped it out on Friday and I didn't receive it until Monday.

There was a massive thread on their community forums of people complaining about the same thing.

Kiro

Wow my 35$ Zelda WiiU preorder went from March 3rd to Jan 1 2018 we will notify you when available. I've had it ordered since E3 2015 and never updated it so it didn't go down the queue. Ridiculous.

zroid

Banned
The chance that I will get both my Switch from Best Buy and Zelda from Amazon on the 3rd is basically 0

I've already resigned myself to Monday

At least I can look longingly at the Pro Controller I'm getting from EB in-store over the weekend. That'll be fun.

Hopefully they learn from their mistakes. I preordered my ps4 from Best Buy; it also released on a Friday and they shipped it out on Friday and I didn't receive it until Monday.

There was a massive thread on their community forums of people complaining about the same thing.
I've preordered a game that came out the day after a stat day and they were smart enough to ship it the friday before. That must have been a weird fuck up, definitely not the norm.

terrible

Banned
The chance that I will get both my Switch from Best Buy and Zelda from Amazon on the 3rd is basically 0

At least I can look longingly at the Pro Controller I'm getting from EB in-store over the weekend. That'll be fun.

As I mentioned earlier just put Zelda streams on your TV and pretend it's you playing the game. That's just as fun, right? Right?? :(

nschizo

Any comment about why amazon could not deliver on 3rd?

My switch, zelda and pro controller mark between march 8~9 :(

oh crap I didn't know, just cancelled like a minute ago and don't know when it goes back up.
usually it's right away but I wonder if they can shut that off and just store em up, then re-launch pre orders again for a few mins. Not sure how that benefits best buy though :p

Iced

Big ol' fat guy here. Would anyone care to recommend me an office chair with arms at a decent price that can accommodate larger folk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom