• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgey

I switched my Neon Switch pre-order online to an in-store Grey pre-order at EB Games because I assumed it would be faster. (Also I had a ton of games to trade in) logic being that if I'm buying it day one, I want it at the START of day one. Apparently (I was talking to an EB Games employee) if there's a Switch midnight release, they have to pay the employees extra money or something. Hard to see them doing that when they're such a cheap company. Kind of regretting the trade now but 9AM isn't the end of the world =(

Sora_N

I switched my Neon Switch pre-order online to an in-store Grey pre-order at EB Games because I assumed it would be faster. (Also I had a ton of games to trade in) logic being that if I'm buying it day one, I want it at the START of day one. Apparently (I was talking to an EB Games employee) if there's a Switch midnight release, they have to pay the employees extra money or something. Hard to see them doing that when they're such a cheap company. Kind of regretting the trade now but 9AM isn't the end of the world =(

How the hell does your store still have Switches for you to switch? Mine never got anymore and my credit is sorta stuck at that store anyways.

Btw whoever wants a Pikachu XL please PM me or gimme your number for Whatsapp. I am cancelling a BB order tonight.

EDIT: Cancelled at 9:51PM PST.

hmm, that Zelda SE is still available...but looking closely at it now, it's just not worth it.
I feel the same way man especially given my amazon order for Zelda regular is at like $45 the $100 bump for the case alone(it's the only thing I want) is just not gonna happen considering the many other day one switch expenses.

Checking in on curiosity: are Switch preorders hard to find?
Switch pre orders at this point are nonexistent unless you can find someone cancelling their bestbuy order.
Amazon sold out, bestbuy sold out, eb sold out, TRU sold out(I think, they're in store only no?), and walmart isn't even doing preorders.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This thread will be fun next week.
We've already had people worrying about when the Switch would ship (let alone arrive) from the first time preorders opened. I don't really care when mine comes though because I'll be waiting for my Zelda ME to get here from GameStop and Isaac is delayed which means I won't be playing anything even if I do get it on 3/3. :(

khaaan

Spend $100 get $15 back is happening on PSN.

I told myself I was done with PS+ because of the price hike but I have a $30 purchase lined up so I would hit the $100...decisions.

Not sure if its because I'm Canadian but i'm starting to feel sorry for any Amazon Customer Service rep that is working next week.

But the shipping thread for the switch next week should be epic.

BTW, I shoud've bought the Ys series of games much sooner. great fun with the keyboard and I actually like the attack system (for now).

Not sure if its because I'm Canadian but i'm starting to feel sorry for any Amazon Customer Service rep that is working next week.

But the shipping thread for the switch next week should be epic.

BTW, I shoud've bought the Ys series of games much sooner. great fun with the keyboard and I actually like the attack system (for now).

I still remember the rage from the Amazon Canada PS4 fiasco, the rage here was real, Amazon Canada didn't even start preparing the shipment until launch day, for Amazon Canada launch day is the day the ship (sometimes not even) and not the day you get it unlike Amazon USA.

Xadrunas

Neo Member
I never pre-order but I'm glad I did this time. Almost half the price it would be otherwise.
If you did too make sure your payment card is correct so you don't run into problems.

zvFPza5.png

DamnBoxes

#TeamPreorderless, remember to start calling your local Wal-Mart and asking them about how many Switch units they're expecting / they've received.

I still remember the rage from the Amazon Canada PS4 fiasco, the rage here was real, Amazon Canada didn't even start preparing the shipment until launch day, for Amazon Canada launch day is the day the ship (sometimes not even) and not the day you get it unlike Amazon USA.

I remember it a little bit but not that much.

If you think the Amazon PS4 fiasco was bad, I think the Amazon Nintendo Switch fiasco may be worse.

Not sure about his, but my wiiu zelda is releasing Jan 1 2018 despite being one of the first to order it in 2015. Amazon doesn't care about on time if you are making them lose money.

wonder if Amazon knocks all the orders they are losing money on to the back of the line and they ship all the orders they are making money on first.

EDIT: probably not.

jokkir

Getting the Switch via Best Buy but all the games via Amazon.

I guess I'll have a weekend to stare at the UI? :) :(

Yeah same.

I might actually get 1-2 Switch or Zelda or something over the weekend via my best buy giftcards but I feel like im wasting them because I can get the Prime discount :(

EDIT - Heads up, I'm going to cancel my Zelda SE around noon today on Amazon so it might go back in stock for a quick second.

Moltenix

Spend $100 get $15 back is happening on PSN.

I told myself I was done with PS+ because of the price hike but I have a $30 purchase lined up so I would hit the $100...decisions.

Anyone jumping on this?

I'm thinking maybe getting a Persona 5 preorder + Ratchet and Clank. That's like 105.

Already have P5 ordered with Amazon with the 20% off but with this deal, i'd effectively be getting the same'ish discount on P5 and paying full price for R&C (which Sony doesn't seem to want to put on sale anyway...). Having P5 on release date without dealing with Amazon shenanigans is a plus though.

I have my switch preordered at the source, honestly I'm not going to go nuts if they don't get it delivered (I'm in Toronto, it should not be hard for them...) on release day. Reason for getting it there was getting it a bit discounted using a $25 off coupon and I had a $10 GC from a previous order screw up that they had sent me that I would have never used otherwise. I figured I'll not find a better deal than $35 off this thing.

Actually I'll be actually surprised if they manage to get it into my hands that Friday, I'm pretty much fully expecting it to show up the following week... I am going to at least give them the benefit of the doubt that they will at least fulfill the order...

Got the Lego CIty Undercover preorder error at 27.58 from Amazon and the BOTW Special Edition waiting at 103.99, hopefully Amazon can manage to get Zelda to my door at the same time or earlier than the system otherwise it will just be clicking and unclicking the joycons for me.

I haven't bought a "console" since the PS3 was released, unless you count the 3DS which I bought for my son... I've had zero interest in any xbox product or the PS4 preferring to stick to my PC, so the fact that despite the higher price than I was expecting it's a little surprising that they got me in on the switch.

Lexxism

I might actually get 1-2 Switch or Zelda or something over the weekend via my best buy giftcards but I feel like im wasting them because I can get the Prime discount :(
Yup. If only there's an option where I can get my best buy gift card to an Amazon.

Anybody know of a place in Toronto to sell my bluray collection? I took it to BMV and they were too selective. I just want to offload them for 2 bucks a piece and by done with it.

Kyolux

Horizon looks good, but I doubt it'll be as good as Zelda.
tastes may vary very much

I'm getting both (and torment since I'm getting that for super cheap, otherwise I'd wait on it.). Had cancelled Nier to get it later, but I just asked my gf to get me that for my bday at the end of march.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying my 49" KU7000. The lost of tv size is apparent (coming from 55"), but I like the quieter space it takes in my living room.

HDR+ is nice and has me really curious for the real thing. But I can live with this very well at the price I paid.

Watched the 4k HDR youtube Horizon trailer on it and wow.. this is going to kill my eyes with awesome.

After some tweaking, FFXV looked great too. Had no idea what I was doing though, so it's probably not set to optimal settings, but I put stuff where I liked it.

zroid

Banned

maybe use the BB gift cards on a Pro Controller or eShop card? something ineligible for the prime discount.

jokkir

maybe use the BB gift cards on a Pro Controller or eShop card? something ineligible for the prime discount.

I don't care too much about the pro controller. Maybe the eShop GC so I have something to play while I wait.

What's the list of launch games again?

EDIT - Found a list. Doesn't look like anything I would want tbh. 1-2 Switch and Zelda only interest me unless that f-zero looking game comes out that weekend.

Anybody know of a place in Toronto to sell my bluray collection? I took it to BMV and they were too selective. I just want to offload them for 2 bucks a piece and by done with it.

I'd do the same, they are the best buyers in town (short of spending time selling on kijiji or RFD).

At $2 a piece, donating to a charity that directly aids the working poor is another thing to consider (e.g. Salvation army). Sometimes health care organizations take direct donations too.

I'd do the same, they are the best buyers in town (short of spending time selling on kijiji or RFD).

At $2 a piece, donating to a charity that directly aids the working poor is another thing to consider (e.g. Salvation army). Sometimes health care organizations take direct donations too.

Thanks, that's not a bad idea.

killroy87

For everyone who complains Diablo 3 for PS4 is never on sale, it's currently like $21 on PSN, which I'm pretty sure is the cheapest it's ever been.

Ordered an item off eBay, and didn't realize until right after I hit submit that my old address was being used instead of my primary. Immediately sent an email to the seller explaining the situation and providing them with the correct address. Monday rolls around and I get an email saying that the item has been shipped; I send another message to the seller asking if they can confirm which address it was sent to. Just got this message back from them:
Hello there,

I am sorry for any inconvenience, but we are unable to ship an item to any address other than the buyer's Paypal address. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
I don't live anywhere close to that address, and I have no idea who's living there now.

Should I contact eBay via phone now, send a report when that option is available after the delivery date, or am I just SOL?

Sealtest

So none of the EB Games in my area are doing midnight release for Switch/Zelda. Apparently the closest one doing it is apparently Mississauga.

Shocked that they did midnight for Pokemon S/M but not for Zelda.

Firestorm

So none of the EB Games in my area are doing midnight release for Switch/Zelda. Apparently the closest one doing it is apparently Mississauga.

Shocked that they did midnight for Pokemon S/M but not for Zelda.

Is there a list? If there's no midnight launch at my location it's unlikely I'm gonna get a chance to play until two weeks later :(

Haines

Banned
How do you check exactly what you will get charged for Amazon preorder deals.

I don't understand why my numbers are all over the God damn place for e3 pre-orders. Some at 50. Some at 70.

What gives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom