• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwyjibo

The dream is dead, toysrus cancelled my mario kart preorder that had the $25 discount.
Damn. I figured most game purchases would go through.

My order for MLB 17 shipped today but I also put in a separate order for Horizon Zero Dawn first and that is still in a "stock has been found" status.

Kyolux

I know Color Splash murdered the first born of every big Paper Mario fan, but as a casual fan of the series with no real attachment to it I liked the game for what it is. It's like a laid back adventure with charming visuals and writing. The combat system is kind of bad though just in that it gives you so many tools and no real need to experiment with them.

I mostly just had fun trying to 100% the stages.

Yeah, I'm not really into the series so I don't have attachment to the classic ones. I'll get it once my second amazon credit should show up on amazon in an hour or two.

Son of a bitch

Made it all the way to payment and then this happened

Vd68kbC.png

God damn you Walmart

I know Color Splash murdered the first born of every big Paper Mario fan, but as a casual fan of the series with no real attachment to it I liked the game for what it is. It's like a laid back adventure with charming visuals and writing. The combat system is kind of bad though just in that it gives you so many tools and no real need to experiment with them.

I mostly just had fun trying to 100% the stages.

It's a very enjoyable game, if you look at what it is rather than isn't, and this is coming from a huge PM fan :)

The scenario creativity and writing shine very brightly; enough to make the mediocre battle system bearable

Socreges

Banned
Will that work? The bundle has a SKU and your receipt won't cover the individual item...

just ask for a favor and dump the piece of shit controller. Walmart Customer support is very helpful.
Err. Walmart is very helpful, as you say, but are their hands not tied here if the controller doesn't have its own SKU?

I'll be returning the entire system by the sounds of it. Not paying an extra $20 for this

joedick

Err. Walmart is very helpful, as you say, but are their hands not tied here if the controller doesn't have its own SKU?

I'll be returning the entire system by the sounds of it. Not paying an extra $20 for this

You can return items to WM without a receipt, but you'll get the money back on a gift card.

The separate controller SKU is 24.96. So you'd actually be saving money if you bought the bundle and a Walmart store let you return the controller separately. Doubt they should, but you might get a store that would.

EDIT: Or as the poster above notes, do a return with no receipt and get Walmart credit. Probably the way to go rather then risking the rejection.

Iced

I ordered one for a friend who has been looking but he managed to snag one. Gonna be cancelling in a minute or so. Not sure if Walmart's stock instantly reflects cancellations, but maybe be on the lookout for it!

Edit: Apparently there's a 30 minute limit to cancel. The fuck, Walmart.

I ordered one for a friend who has been looking but he managed to snag one. Gonna be cancelling in a minute or so. Not sure if Walmart's stock instantly reflects cancellations, but maybe be on the lookout for it!

Edit: Apparently there's a 30 minute limit to cancel. The fuck, Walmart.

Won't be too hard to tell it at cost to another friend or Gaffer that wants it, I'm sure.

krae_man

Mario Kart Cancelled

"We have received your recent request for cancellation of all or part of your order"

I didn't cancel squat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They probably went through every order that used the coupon and cancelled any that ordered games with it. Fair enough. lol

Mr. F

Banned
TRU cancelled, boo. I wonder if I can play dumb and get anything out of being mad at them that it says I cancelled it myself when I didn't.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, I think that, since the TRU discount was meant for baby TRU purchases, orders for anything that wasn't already in stock were bound to get canceled. Sorry, my dudes.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Speaking of MK8D, I have it preordered at EB Games but not sure if I really wanna keep it. I already sank dozens of (over a hundred) hours on the WiiU version and dont care at all for Battle Mode.

Guess Ill move my preorder to Splatoon 2 or Mario Odyssey when those show up in EBs system

I...didn't order it to be cancelled?

Kind of annoys me since my Prime subscription is done and I cancelled my order with them when I made this one on TRU.

That's definitely on you. The $25 off coupon was never intended to be used for anything aside from baby products, so there was always the real possibility of cancellation.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Ohhhhh
Myyy
Goddddddd

I got the NES from walmart.ca

Yesssssssssssss

Thank you everyone

Renewed

I asked at EB yesterday but apparently they don't have Splatoon 2 in the system? So my MK8D is safe I guess... still though that cancellation wording lol

Junk3t

Neo Member
Just that I received a cancellation email when I never requested one and the person was more then willing to re-place the order for me.

That's what I did as well and it worked, although I'm not able to look at my order yet on the toysrus site.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I tried calling and got shot down saying that the code wasn't supposed to be used for video games. Oh well.

baconcow

I...didn't order it to be cancelled?

Kind of annoys me since my Prime subscription is done and I cancelled my order with them when I made this one on TRU.

I also made the same order, for MK8D, but I always figured mine might be cancelled since I used a coupon code eligible only for baby products.

iphys

For all you people that wanted a cheaper copy of MK8 Deluxe, it's cheaper in Japan if you want to order from Amazon Japan. 5572 yen physical or 5812 yen for a digital code, and it includes English and French.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom