• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times have you ordered and cancelled a product in a 24 hour period on Amazon?

I am talking about the same product. I think I did this about six times. The last couple of times I let it go to Preparing for Shipment and then cancelled again. Do these things ever get flagged?

Kyolux

How many times have you ordered and cancelled a product in a 24 hour period on Amazon?

I am talking about the same product. I think I did this about six times. The last couple of times I let it go to Preparing for Shipment and then cancelled again. Do these things ever get flagged?

Pretty sure they do flag after a few like this. Not sure there's a direct impact, you can probably argue that you were very hesitant and kept getting remorse.

antibolo

Banned
Got my joycons. Shipping box was banged up as hell. Good job TRU and/or Purolator.

Anyway, they seem fine.

By the way I LOVE how the Switch OS shows the joycons in their corresponding actual colour. Every game console should do that.

Smo21

I have 2 extra copies of Persona 5 TYH edition if anyone couldn't find them. One is $125 the other is $100. Just trying to get what I paid for them back.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I have 2 extra copies of Persona 5 TYH edition if anyone couldn't find them. One is $125 the other is $100. Just trying to get what I paid for them back.

Why not $112.50 each?

Smo21

Why not $112.50 each?

Because I can just return them the more expensive one if I only get a bite at $100. Just trying to help someone out if they missed out. Although it seems they're available on and off. I'll probably hold onto them for a couple weeks and see.

Damn. Those might be the one if I can grab them. Thanks.

Clean design too. Some of these headphones are too busy.

Worth noting: I have a set of Jabra Revo Wireless cans that sit in a drawer now despite their Wirecutter recommendation (it's what they recommended before the Move) because they sounded worse than my Meelectronics set that was half the price. Between that and the fiddly touch controls, the Revo was kind of a shit recommendation from the Wirecutter, and it's a big reason why I don't trust Wirecutter reviews any further than I can throw them.

Worth noting: I have a set of Jabra Revo Wireless cans that sit in a drawer now despite their Wirecutter recommendation (it's what they recommended before the Move) because they sounded worse than my Meelectronics set that was half the price. Between that and the fiddly touch controls, the Revo was kind of a shit recommendation from the Wirecutter, and it's a big reason why I don't trust Wirecutter reviews any further than I can throw them.

I am using them primarily for podcasts. I am not audiophile so I think they will do just fine for what I need them for. Bluetooth, call answer and an audio port for the rare occasion I need it were the big three.

Thanks,

soultron

Banned
Just received my $75 (still smdh at that price) pair of Joycons from TRU using that discount code that was posted on Wednesday.

Folks with the P5 TYH edition, is the steel book inside also the French-bilingual cover? I assume it's sealed too?

Want to give this as a gift to someone, but he's a collector and prefers English cases only

Folks with the P5 TYH edition, is the steel book inside also the French-bilingual cover? I assume it's sealed too?

Want to give this as a gift to someone, but he's a collector and prefers English cases only

The steelbook was not sealed for me. Everything was in small plastic bags.

Any suggestions for a inexpensive Switch carrying case? I'm looking for something that doesn't have too much added bulk. Carrying extra games and the charger doesn't really matter, just mostly want to keep the tablet protected.

antibolo

Banned
Any suggestions for a inexpensive Switch carrying case? I'm looking for something that doesn't have too much added bulk. Carrying extra games and the charger doesn't really matter, just mostly want to keep the tablet protected.

I am satisfied with my Hori Tough Pouch. It's not fancy but like you I only cared about protecting the console.

Lexxism

Price range? Butterfox case is now available at amazon.ca. It cost 29.99 though but has 18 slot for games and it is perfectly fit for switch unlike the hori tough case https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_10?k=butterfox+switch&sprefix=butterfox+

Or you could just got to cheap biogenik case at EB games.

Vinc

Anyone bought a 4K TV through a good deal in Canada recently?

A lot of the US prices don't translate well across the border on sets like the KS8000...

I am satisfied with my Hori Tough Pouch. It's not fancy but like you I only cared about protecting the console.

I also love the Tough pouch. Holds six game carts if you need to juggle and otherwise is just a super dependable case. I know I can throw it in my bag or jacket or whatever and despite all of the winter being thrown my way the Switch is safe.

tiijj

If you can find stock for the RDS or the official Nintendo case, both are good.

RDS if you want better protection but bulkier. The official case if you want a good enough protection and if you want it to be really slim.

Hori's good but not a fan since it has ~0.5-1cm gap on the sides, but if you are ok with that then hori is good too.

Iced

I ordered the Orzly case yesterday from Amazon. Came to exactly $16.99 shipped.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01NAUKS62/

Reviews look good. Pictures make it seem like it could be fairly bulky, but I don't mind for the price. I also love how discrete it is, despite being kinda ugly (well, bland).

r3n4ud

Anyone looking for Dead Rising on X1? I'm looking to sell my copy for $35 shipped. Box and game in perfect condition.

NYR

A lot of the US prices don't translate well across the border on sets like the KS8000...

The new sets for 2017 are just getting to showroom floors this month or so, your best bet is going to be to wait as stores clear inventory, but that window is pretty small.

Your best bet you would be to buy from some NAFTA qualifed store in the US where you won't have to pay duty and then just have them ship the TV to you, B&H does free shipping to Canada:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...00fxza_ks8000_series_65_class_suhd_smart.html

1,547.99 USD = 2,076.61 CAD

You'll save yourself $800 this way, but you'll need to pay taxes either at checkout or arrival.

farisr

If you're in the Toronto area and are interested in a Samsung or LG OLED 4k set, check out HiFi Citi - http://www.hificiti.ca/

They tend to offer very good prices in general. Last time around they were offering a very tempting Samsung one to me, but in the end I decided on going with a good Vizio at Costco after all things considered. (lower price + full array lighting + plans to buy a projector in a few years)

Samsung and LG, they're very likely to have the lowest price. They had a sale going on last time and it was actually coming in cheaper than bhphotovideo would've cost me for the same set (that was also on sale at the time).

B&H does free shipping to Canada:

B&H is a very good suggestion if you cannot go physically buy it in the USA! However on big TV (like the 55 or 65 inches), shipping is not free. The price you see at checkout is the final price however, no surprise at delivery. KS8000 can be purchased for ~2300CAD instead of 3000$+ here.

Iced

Thank god that neon Switch sold out. I was having some bad thoughts that involved returning my grey console (which is perfect, after buying and returning two other Switches for various reasons/defects) and rolling the dice with a new neon, which probably wouldn't have went well.

....I mean GOD, that was tough.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hori Tough Pouch looks like my best bet - but the shipping on Amazon is 1 to 2 months, and I was hoping to get something sooner than that.

I ordered the Orzly case yesterday from Amazon. Came to exactly $16.99 shipped.

Reviews look good. Pictures make it seem like it could be fairly bulky, but I don't mind for the price. I also love how discrete it is, despite being kinda ugly (well, bland).
Let me know what you think once it arrives, please! It does look slightly bulky in the photos, but I like that it has a carrying handle.

Iced

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hori Tough Pouch looks like my best bet - but the shipping on Amazon is 1 to 2 months, and I was hoping to get something sooner than that.

Let me know what you think once it arrives, please! It does look slightly bulky in the photos, but I like that it has a carrying handle.

Will do! If it's anything like the Orzly screen protectors though, I'll be seeing it in about 3 weeks...

Iced

God damn it. I've been waiting for these to pop up on ebgames.ca for a week, checking like a madman, and I don't check for 30 minutes and up they go. Thanks Nintendo.

Sign up to zoolert and get notifications texted and/or emailed to you. It's the only way you're gonna have a fighting chance. At least for the time being.

Sign up to zoolert and get notifications texted and/or emailed to you. It's the only way you're gonna have a fighting chance. At least for the time being.

I need EB Games specifically to use my ridiculous amount of credit. I've had the opportunity to buy a switch from Amazon & Best Buy multiple times...

Do any of these trackers support EB's website because they definitely don't seem to?

Iced

I need EB Games specifically to use my ridiculous amount of credit. I've had the opportunity to buy a switch from Amazon & Best Buy multiple times...

Do any of these trackers support EB's website because they definitely don't seem to?

Nowinstock doesn't, but Zoolert does.

Edit: Whoops, I'm totally wrong. No EB on there. I could have sworn it was. Sorry for the misinformation!

Iced

Holy crap, am I reading that right or is Switch only ever in stock for like 1 minute whenever it restocks...

Pretty much, unless it's Amazon. Those tend to be in stock longer because of Prime. I snagged one Saturday morning and it was up for close to half an hour, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom