• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

[Pre-order Deal]

For those without Amazon Prime who want a deal on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, you can get a Hori 24 game case (black) when you pre-order online at WalMart. These game cases go for $15 at WalMart (picked up mine for $13 at EB Games). If they are as good as the ones Hori made for the DS, 3DS, and Vita, then they are the best game cases on the market. While not as good at the $16 you get for picking up the game with Amazon Prime, it is available to anyone.

Do they sell Google Play cards at Best Buy? If yes, how do I use reward certificates to buy one? I feel like I can't do it straight up. Buying something, returning it, having it put on a gift card then using it to buy the card?

antibolo

Banned
For all you people that wanted a cheaper copy of MK8 Deluxe, it's cheaper in Japan if you want to order from Amazon Japan. 5572 yen physical or 5812 yen for a digital code, and it includes English and French.

I just checked and it would cost about the same as ordering it in Canada with Prime.

5159 (no tax) + 835 shipping = 5994 -> $72.56

There's also a import fees deposit but they'll most likely refund it (they refunded me when I ordered a Famicom Mini)

Sealtest

Do they sell Google Play cards at Best Buy? If yes, how do I use reward certificates to buy one? I feel like I can't do it straight up. Buying something, returning it, having it put on a gift card then using it to buy the card?

I know you can buy cards with the reward zone points because thats how I buy my yearly PSN sub and a few random Eshop cards. I can't answer if they have google play though.

Lexxism

You can buy gift cards straight up using reward certificates. I have no idea if they have google play cards.

I'm not 100% sure about Google Play cards but I'd be very very surprised if Best Buy didn't sell them. I feel like I saw them the last time I tried to buy Steam gift cards.

Socreges

Banned
Mario Kart Cancelled

"We have received your recent request for cancellation of all or part of your order"

I didn't cancel squat.

Mine was just cancelled. I think it's funny that the email says I requested the cancellation.

I...didn't order it to be cancelled?

Kind of annoys me since my Prime subscription is done and I cancelled my order with them when I made this one on TRU.
TO THE STREETS

I'm going to start building a large HONOUR OUR BABYS-R-US ORDERS sign and start picketing TRU.

WHOS WITH ME??

Moltenix

Have a preorder of Persona 5 at EB which i'm getting digitally so no intention of picking it up. They only hold the preorder for a certain time but there's no downside to just letting the prepaid order sit in the system right?

I'd rather just wait till they have a Switch in stock or at least get some more Switch games like Splatoon 2 or Mario in their system so I can swap the preorder to one of those instead.

iphys

I just checked and it would cost about the same as ordering it in Canada with Prime.

5159 (no tax) + 835 shipping = 5994 -> $72.56

There's also a import fees deposit but they'll most likely refund it (they refunded me when I ordered a Famicom Mini)

Yeah, but Prime costs money and it's unlikely you'll actually get the game on release date. Better to go digital to escape import fees for certain and get the game a day earlier thanks to Japan time.

Lizardus

Gonzo

I didn't think it was possible for people to still be so thirsty over Amiibo, let alone FE Amiibo. Between Breath of The Wild hype and Fire Emblem Thirst, we may very well see a resurgence in interest for Amiibo line, past present, and Future.

Yeah, I am still hoping for a re-stock on Guardian amiibos.

baconcow

Not sure if I can post this here, but I didn't think there would be many people on the BST thread from Halifax.

If anyone is in the Halifax region and is looking for Persona 5 on the PS3 and/or PS4 below retail, I have a sealed copy of each that I am willing to sell below retail.

antibolo

Banned
Oh hey, I arrived home and checked my Switch, and Graceful Explosion Machine was already downloaded!

And it wasn't even docked.

So there you have it, despite what the message implied, it does start downloading games while in sleep mode.

Kyolux

wow.. for those in Quebec that heard about that suspect murdered 3 people this morning. My girlfriend called me tonight telling me how she talked to the guy in the past because he's involved in the same field of work as hers.

Nier is gonna be $55 at Best Buy.

I wouldn't even have time to play the game anytime soon because I'm still getting thru the PS3 Yakuza games, but I'm thinking about just getting it now because I wanna support the game.

Ventara

Nier is gonna be $55 at Best Buy.

I wouldn't even have time to play the game anytime soon because I'm still getting thru the PS3 Yakuza games, but I'm thinking about just getting it now because I wanna support the game.

It's only been a month, and that game actually did well sales-wise. Games are dropping in price even faster these days, it seems.

Is there a specific Canadian buy/sell thread? I have a X800D TV I'm selling in the GTA area, don't know where else to post this.

There is no specific Canadian buy-sell thread. Might as well see if anyone bites here. I might be selling my 49X800D as well. Want to upgrade to thee 55" X800E this year. Haven't decided if I will be selling yet though.

Nicodemic

wow.. for those in Quebec that heard about that suspect murdered 3 people this morning. My girlfriend called me tonight telling me how she talked to the guy in the past because he's involved in the same field of work as hers.

Hope you guys are ok. Events like that can be traumatising, even if you are not directly involved. Take care of each other! :)

So what are quality brands of headphones in the $99 to $250 range? I usually lean towards Sony or Phillips because I don't much about any of the other brands. One thing I know for sure is that I need to have a headphone port so I can use it with my Switch. I am leaving for England on Monday and my previous Phillips headphones stopped holding a charge suddenly.

I should add that I am looking for bluetooth headphones as well. I just need ones with an audio jack as well.

Amazon has some stuff that ships out that I like but won't arrive until Monday.

Kyolux

Hope you guys are ok. Events like that can be traumatising, even if you are not directly involved. Take care of each other! :)
Now this morning I'm seeing that my sister had him as a Facebook friend at some point in the past. Dang.

So apparently he was harassing people a lot into buying his products. But otherthan that he seemed okay.

flkraven

Anyone think EB will do double trade in for Scorpio preorders like they did with Switch? Is that typical for EB when a new console launches?

So what are quality brands of headphones in the $99 to $250 range? I usually lean towards Sony or Phillips because I don't much about any of the other brands. One thing I know for sure is that I need to have a headphone port so I can use it with my Switch. I am leaving for England on Monday and my previous Phillips headphones stopped holding a charge suddenly.

I should add that I am looking for bluetooth headphones as well. I just need ones with an audio jack as well.

Normally I'd recommend Sennheiser but I can't think of any Bluetooth ones in that price range.

I have a pair of Momentum 2, but I got them on sale when they were $250, regular $499

It's actually pretty rare to see Bluetooth headphones that don't have an audio jack (or at least the over-the-ear types seem to have them mostly, earbuds are a different story).

Usually I'd recommend the Meelectronics set I currently own and like, but you said you need it ASAP. Maybe Plantronics? I've heard good things about their Backbeat headphones (though there's three different types, dunno which is best for you or even what the differences are).

Normally I'd recommend Sennheiser but I can't think of any Bluetooth ones in that price range.

I have a pair of Momentum 2, but I got them on sale when they were $250, regular $499

It's actually pretty rare to see Bluetooth headphones that don't have an audio jack (or at least the over-the-ear types seem to have them mostly, earbuds are a different story).

Usually I'd recommend the Meelectronics set I currently own and like, but you said you need it ASAP. Maybe Plantronics? I've heard good things about their Backbeat headphones (though there's three different types, dunno which is best for you or even what the differences are).

Thanks. Some of the lower tier stuff in the price range I am looking at definitely doesn't have audio ports. There is a Sony 950BT at $250 but the earliest I can get them is Monday and that's cutting it a little close.

Maddog

Anyone think EB will do double trade in for Scorpio preorders like they did with Switch? Is that typical for EB when a new console launches?

I think that after how badly the 2X for Switch Games got abused (they had to end it early) we won't see a 2X promo for a while.

Kalren

The Wirecutter review for the Jabra Move seem pretty reasonable and looks like it may even be in stock instore at bestbuy.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom