• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Words can't describe how much I want to, but can't because I have Persona 5, Grim Dawn, and Breath of the Wild all on the plate at the same time.

Yep, I'm mega tempted, but with Zelda, Persona, Cosmic Star Heroine, Yooka-Laylee, and soon Mario Kart... not to mention I haven't even started Final Fantasy XV or The Last Guardian, haha. Send me more hands!

Yep, I'm mega tempted, but with Zelda, Persona, Cosmic Star Heroine, Yooka-Laylee, and soon Mario Kart... not to mention I haven't even started Final Fantasy XV or The Last Guardian, haha. Send me more hands!

I'm so glad I didn't back Yooka-Laylee or else that would be up there too. I need some body doubles to take care of work/errands and I would be so down for all the games.

Iced

Not sure if this was posted, but amFilm screen protectors are now on Amazon.ca. Not sure how different all these protectors are, but this is definitely a popular on in the US.

Aske

Canadians! Sorry if this is old news, but Nier Automata (Day One Edition) is $54 on Amazon right now. Just picked it up.

Also, its pronounced like "automaton", not like "automatic". You're welcome.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
Tempted to get nier automata, dishonored 2, and overwatch. from BB & EB.

I still have much to finish but I think I may not find them at this price in the next couple of months?

Aske

Tempted to get nier automata, dishonored 2, and overwatch. from BB & EB.

I still have much to finish but I think I may not find them at this price in the next couple of months?

I was wondering the same thing. What's up with all these games going on sale right now? But once a game hits ~$50 once, it's never too long before it hits it again if you can wait.

I was very glad Amazon price matched BB's price on Nier, because I wanted to grab it at this price, but didn't want to pay now. 4-6 week wait right now with Amazon, if anyone else wants to secure it now and pay next month. Obviously no guarantee it'll take that long, but like many, I have a ton of stuff to play.

antibolo

Banned
Yeah, but Prime costs money and it's unlikely you'll actually get the game on release date. Better to go digital to escape import fees for certain and get the game a day earlier thanks to Japan time.

I didn't consider digital at first (saw the higher price tag without taking shipping in to consideration) but now that I'm looking at it again... yep, it would be around $71 which would be cheaper, and I'd prefer to own MK digital anyway, so I guess I'll be going with this.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
I was wondering the same thing. What's up with all these games going on sale right now? But once a game hits ~$50 once, it's never too long before it hits it again if you can wait.

I was very glad Amazon price matched BB's price on Nier, because I wanted to grab it at this price, but didn't want to pay now. 4-6 week wait right now with Amazon, if anyone else wants to secure it now and pay next month. Obviously no guarantee it'll take that long, but like many, I have a ton of stuff to play.

I think they are trying to sell the most they can before summer, cause sales will go down then + they have finantial quarters to meet/exceed.

Any one knows how BB trade-ins works? Is it similar to EB?

This says i can get $35 for WD2 & IW each if so it would be great to if I can trade them to get Nier & Dishonred 2 from them

Also if I preorder something from BB are they gonna charge my CC now or same as amazon, once it has shipped? The FFXII steelbook is tempting.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Any one knows how BB trade-ins works? Is it similar to EB?

This says i can get $35 for WD2 & IW each if so it would be great to if I can trade them to get Nier & Dishonred 2 from them

You get the trade-in amount on a Best Buy gift card, so yeah that would work.

Someone changed the e-mail associated with my Amazon account... Now it might fuck up everything as Persona TYH is about to charge... Now I need to look if I used that password anywhere else... Now I wonder how much of a CC info you see when you edit.

There is no "If you did not request that change" in the e-mail or anything like I see when I change e-mail at any other website. Oh well... Let's hope this ends well!

Does not mean it's related but I was waiting for an announcement like that. Gamestop was one of the 3 places where I used the same password and e-mail as Amazon.com. I know I know, different place should be different passwords. The article only mentions credit card info but I would not be surprised if it's entire accounts too. Maybe it's only CC info caught during transactions, who knows... GS will need to make a statement soon.

Sealtest

Amazon offers 2 way authentication peope should look into turning it on. Found out after someone got into my dads account and ordered $2000 worth of car parts in December.

Tik-Tok

Anywhere to get cheap Platstation Plus subs currently? I checked a couple petro canadas around cause I saw people mention that but haven't seen any in my immediate vicinity

I'm in Kitchener if anyone knows

Tapejara

Two sources in the financial industry told KrebsOnSecurity that they have received alerts from a credit card processor stating that Gamestop.com was likely compromised by intruders between mid-September 2016 and the first week of February 2017.

Those same sources said the compromised data is thought to include customer card number, expiration date, name, address and card verification value (CVV2), usually a 3-digit security code printed on the backs of credit cards.

Ugh, as someone who had to deal with two stolen cards recently I feel for anyone affected by this. Thankfully I haven't bought anything from EB's online store in about a year or two so I should be safe.

kevin1025

Banned
This is new for me.

wHwPGQc.jpg

Is this normal for an item shipped from Amazon.ca itself? Am I going to be attacked with customs fees even though it was free shipping?

(It's a 64GB microSD card)

(My pen cover-up is a work of art!)

kaiyo

This is new for me.

wHwPGQc.jpg

Is this normal for an item shipped from Amazon.ca itself? Am I going to be attacked with customs fees even though it was free shipping?

(It's a 64GB microSD card)

(My pen cover-up is a work of art!)
amazon probably dont have stock in canada and is shipping one from the USA? if you paid tax for the order you would not be charge customs.

Just got a survey from bestbuy regarding Rewards Zone (chance of winning $100 BB gc) I was waiting for a field asking what they can improve RZ, would have entered 20% off games, but it never came up =/

Tho there was this (no mention of 20% off games unless it's in the twitch prime game content and exclusive discounts):

The new sets for 2017 are just getting to showroom floors this month or so, your best bet is going to be to wait as stores clear inventory, but that window is pretty small.

Your best bet you would be to buy from some NAFTA qualifed store in the US where you won't have to pay duty and then just have them ship the TV to you, B&H does free shipping to Canada:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...00fxza_ks8000_series_65_class_suhd_smart.html

1,547.99 USD = 2,076.61 CAD

You'll save yourself $800 this way, but you'll need to pay taxes either at checkout or arrival.

Worth keeping in mind that you may be forfeiting your warranty in Canada when importing like this. It would depend on the specific company/TV, but many will only honour the warranty in the country it came from. So be sure to factor in whether things like that are worth the discount.

kevin1025

Banned
amazon probably dont have stock in canada and is shipping one from the USA? if you paid tax for the order you would not be charge customs.

Turns out you were right, asked customer service chat just to double check and they said that since it has been out of stock for weeks in Canada they're sending it from New Jersey. No other charges. It said when I ordered it that it wouldn't ship until later this month, so I guess they grabbed some from there!

SuperPoncho

Neo Member
Well my local shoppers finally had a switch in...grabbed it and zelda with my points. Is there any trade in deals at eb on switch games? My son is jonesing for 1-2 switch

Whales

Banned

Just got a survey from bestbuy regarding Rewards Zone (chance of winning $100 BB gc) I was waiting for a field asking what they can improve RZ, would have entered 20% off games, but it never came up =/

Tho there was this (no mention of 20% off games unless it's in the twitch prime game content and exclusive discounts):

ah yes, list everything prime does except their 20% off videogames deals :/

I wish we had GCU here, it's amazing in the US...

I'm not usually one to take advantage of customer service, but persona 5 had me go off the rails. I got the $5 credit after the initial delay then I got another $5 when intelcom claimed my package was "undeliverable" while I was home. Amazon then promised another delivery attempt today after 5pm when I would be home. Naturally I check my order status today and see intelcom "tried" to deliver my game at noon today. A call to Amazon put me in a conference call with the Amazon rep and an intelcom supervisor. Rep gave me another $30 in credit and I went to go pick up my package after dinner. Giant pain in the ass, but I think it's a fair trade off.

zroid

Banned
Kirby Planet Robobot is $39.99 at shoppers this week

I think that might be the first time I've seen it on sale?

I think technically the 20% off games IS considered a Twitch Prime thing, or at least it's mentioned on the Twitch Prime page (though underneath "Also included with your Amazon Prime membership" so idk). Twitch Prime has no exclusive discounts of its own unless you count "free download games and DLC" as exclusive discounts, but I would think that's covered under "game content."

But also it's a survey and who knows if Best Buy will actually figure out if you meant "20% OFF NEW GAMES PLZ" or not, even if you did check off "Twitch Prime."

soultron

Banned
For anyone who lives in Toronto, the SDM at Broadview and Danforth has a bunch of discounted systems.

I saw:

UC4 PS4 Slim bundle $380 or $370 (I think... can't remember)
Minecraft 500GB XB1S $350
Forza Horizon 3 1TB XB1S $400
Wireless XB1 controller $35

There was only one of each, so if those sound like good prices, hustle on down there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom