• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Looking to buy two receivers for two rooms. My cable plan is Bell. The cable lines in each room previously had receivers hooked up to them, but we got rid of them a few years ago. Now I want them again, but don't really want to deal with Bell directly for any rental plans.

Am I correct in understanding that I just need to buy one, hook it up, and it'll work (maybe have to call Bell and activate)? Or do I need to be mindful of anything else?

Anyone have suggestions for an Android tablet for running Kodi smoothly? I've been spoiled by my Nvidia Shield TV, and cannot stand sluggishness, but don't want to go balls out on a Pixel C tablet. I'm mainly doing streaming.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Looking to buy two receivers for two rooms. My cable plan is Bell. The cable lines in each room previously had receivers hooked up to them, but we got rid of them a few years ago. Now I want them again, but don't really want to deal with Bell directly for any rental plans.

Am I correct in understanding that I just need to buy one, hook it up, and it'll work (maybe have to call Bell and activate)? Or do I need to be mindful of anything else?

Probably have to call and give them the serial number, but you shouldn't have to do anything else.

Mimosa97

I'm planning on moving out of Canada temporarily and in an effort to take as little with me as possible, I was considering selling my ps4 and then picking up a ps4 pro in the USA. As long as I backup my saves online and then deactivate the old ps4 before selling it, and setup the ps4 pro with my Canadian PSN account, I should have access to all my digital games/saves, right?

You should back all of your saves on a PS+. Don't take any chances.

And yeah don't forget to factory reset your PS4 before selling it. The process is pretty straightforward.

mdubs

Banned
IIRC this isn't the official design works for the game. I believe there were two books released in Japan, this one is the smaller of the two, the other one was 500+ pages.

I'm not sure this is the case - I'm looking on amazon japan and I only see one P5 art book, which is presumably the one that is coming over. So I assume that the book will be the functional equivalent of the P3 and P4 books Udon put out just by a different publisher.

evanmisha

Can not believe I actually just got an NES Classic Mini on Amazon.ca

Had nowinstock alerts on my phone for over a month and I'm always seconds too late. FINALLY!

Socreges

Banned
How the hell has Nintendo not got the stock in line for this thing yet? Like... it's been freakin months.
It's almost definitely deliberate. I'm guessing the profit margins are very thin, so they don't have much incentive to try and meet demand. Might as well produce a limited amount each month and keep interest going.

It's almost definitely deliberate. I'm guessing the profit margins are very thin, so they don't have much incentive to try and meet demand. Might as well produce a limited amount each month and keep interest going.

Profit margins being thin makes no sense when the hardware doesn't even seem that expensive to produce.

khaaan

I've just stopped caring about it. Had it been easily available Nov-Dec of 2016 then I would have been all over it but at this point the excitement has died down for me so I'm sticking to playing NES games on the platforms I already have available.

imBask

Banned

qXOZbOv.png

roasted by Edmund

killroy87

I don't care about the game but I think it kinda sucks for those that bought the first print.

It's cool for those who missed out though(assuming it's hard to find now?).

Really? I think it's awesome for those that bought the first print. That just became a much bigger collector's item

Before I forget. the Walmart at Dufferin Mall in Toronto has had a Switch Pro Controller or two in stock the two recent times I've been there the past week or so, call them to confirm, I was just there yesterday and they had one behind the glass shelf.

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
I'm not sure this is the case - I'm looking on amazon japan and I only see one P5 art book, which is presumably the one that is coming over. So I assume that the book will be the functional equivalent of the P3 and P4 books Udon put out just by a different publisher.

Don't think so actually. I think this one's a completely separate product. The English version is short 80 pages from the one on .JP

I'm still grabbing it either way, just saying that this is a departure from the Official Design Works series that we've received for P3, P4, P4A, and SMTIV

TechJunk

Just ordered a Neon Switch from Amazon (really prefer gray but whatever). There was only 1 in stock, any chance that is a customer return (which I would rather not get)? Or do customer returns automatically go under Amazon Warehouse deals?

killroy87

Just ordered a Neon Switch from Amazon (really prefer gray but whatever). There was only 1 in stock, any chance that is a customer return (which I would rather not get)? Or do customer returns automatically go under Amazon Warehouse deals?

That's not how Amazon works. Should be legit (assuming you didn't get it from a third party seller)

killroy87

To me the vita will end up just like windows phone. I love both platforms but give it up guys... The platforms are dead.

The Vita had like a 5 year lifespan, and by all counts it should have died after like 2. The Vita was the little portable that could, but it's gotta end sometime.

jholmes

As someone who wouldn't wipe their ass with a roguelike, I'd want that game for that cover art.

I'm usually repulsed by roguelikes but I sank a ton of time into Binding of Isaac. It's a tremendous game. Basically what I'm saying is, do try it if you buy it.

Fularu

Banned
The Vita had like a 5 year lifespan, and by all counts it should have died after like 2. The Vita was the little portable that could, but it's gotta end sometime.

But it died within a single year. Only NIS/Xseed/Aksys arte still releasing games for it.

I have quite a large Vita physical collection but let'S face it, that system died a long long time ago.

killroy87

But it died within a single year. Only NIS/Xseed/Aksys arte still releasing games for it.

I have quite a large Vita physical collection but let'S face it, that system died a long long time ago.

For people who want portable versions of the PS4 indie scene, I think the Vita more than pulled its weight.

For people who want portable versions of the PS4 indie scene, I think the Vita more than pulled its weight.

I think it's great! But something like BoI is basically like asking for a PS2 port at this point :/ Would need somebody like Brian P to spearhead that kind of work.

Dazzler

Not complaining as such, but is it standard practice now with amazon to not guarantee release day shipping for pre-orders?

I've got Yooka Laylee and Puyo Puyo Tetris pre-ordered, I'm Prime, and both aren't shipping until nearly a week after release..

What's the point in paying for prime if this is the new normal?

Fularu

Banned
The Vita is not dead until Danganronpa v3 hits this September.

I've heard otherwise?

Eh I have Ys Origin (physical) and Ys 8 preordered. I'm not expecting much more beyond that though tbh

I may order Danganrompa 3 though, since I have the previous games already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom