• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is that a GOTY edition of DS3? How much did the DLC cost?

Yup. Season Pass is $25.

Prime discount brings it down to $48 which is a pretty good deal. It got a Pro patch recently too.

leeman

The annoying thing is how do you filter the seller so that you're only buying from Amazon?

There's no really easy way to see that, but I have noticed that if it is in stock from Amazon, Amazon's listing basically always shows up first, unless someone else is selling it for a lower price and also through Prime.

A full month later and I finally got my orzly screen protectors. Funny thing is I messaged them last week when I was a week outside the delivery date about them shipping a replacement... and I got the e-mail they shipped one out at like 5 am.

Mother of god I finally got one.......I had to get prime but it was free for 30 days.

DGjrrvq.jpg

Is this real life?

* still available as of this post*

Oooh! Post impressions on the case, please!

Seems pretty good. The outside surprised me at first because it reminds me of my 3DS case just a lot bigger. Feels durable. 8 card slots on the inside. Decent amount of space for extra controllers or accessories. It has an imprint beneath where the Switch fans are so I guess it is safe to use the Switch while it's in the case. The flap that covers the Switch screen doesn't go down all the way when the Switch is in the case. It's probably designed that way for some reason. Overall it seems like it will protect the Switch fine from drops and being carried. The parts that touch the Switch are all soft.

i-Jest

I must be crazy to think about re-buying Dark Souls 3. But completed/GOTY editions are few and far between, as far as PS4 retail releases go.

Seriously! I have not seen a single restock of them anywhere since day 1

Yup, people will be waiting another year for those. It feels awfully reminiscent of the trinity in the 1st wave of Smash Amiibo. You gotta be patient, the restock will come.

Nintendo Switch is in stock, I repeat, in stock!

Quote for those in Toronto:

Ask if they may reserve one for you, didn't ask if they would do so or not.

kennah

Anyone in Quebec/Montreal want my Lego City Undercover Switch? I'm willing to pass it on for cost of $32 if someone isn't too far out of my way. Found out the game is on Steam so if we want it ever, would just wait for a sale there anyway.

eyesradar

For these who live in Mississauga.

Erin Mills Town Centre Walmart has like 3 Grey Switches as well as one mini NES in stock now as I post. The EB games inside the mall has like 2 Pro Controllers too. Finally picked up mine! ($90 for a controller is really STEEP tho)

March 28th, if I'm remembering the thread title correctly, haha.

That came out weeks ago. Apparently it's a pretty poor port. Doesn't run well.

Oh my, finally, thanks for the heads up, downloading =P

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ordered DS3, thanks! I assume this is the complete version.

How does this run on the PS4?

It runs decent enough. 30fps with frame pacing issues and slight drops here and there. Performance is slightly better than Bloodborne.

There was a Pro patch recently which unlocks the framerate.

Big Chungus

My brother needs money for school this fall, he has a bunch of amiibos that he bought awhile ago, are there any rare ones that he should sell for a lot of money?

Ventara

My brother needs money for school this fall, he has a bunch of amiibos that he bought awhile ago, are there any rare ones that he should sell for a lot of money?

I think I recall Shulk being expensive. Best bet would be to check Ebay sold listings, though.

Nintendo Switch is in stock, I repeat, in stock!

Quote for those in Toronto:

Ask if they may reserve one for you, didn't ask if they would do so or not.

Holy duck thank you! I got mines at the Queen exit and there were like 5 left as of 6pm

I just checked, Shiek and Toon Link are going for $100?!

That cant be right.

Wtf. I have a boxed Shiek being useless. Is it that useful for botw?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf. I have a boxed Shiek being useless. Is it that useful for botw?

Sheik nets you the mask accessory, while Toon Link gives you the entire Wind Waker outfit and the Sea-Breeze Boomerang as amiibo exclusives. Otherwise you'll get herbs, meat and some arrows as other RNG drops when used.

Bronetta

Sheik nets you the mask accessory, while Toon Link gives you the entire Wind Waker outfit and the Sea-Breeze Boomerang as amiibo exclusives. Otherwise you'll get herbs, meat and some arrows as other RNG drops when used.

Can random amiibo be used in BotW or is it Zelda related amiibo only?

antibolo

Banned

Not the Smash versions though.

But any Link (including both Smash Links) will give you Epona.

Whales

Banned
damn, all of you guys are getting me to want to try to hunt for a nes classic too

then again it feels like it would be a loong and painful hunt :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom