• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogdor1123

Do we get the 10% discount on Google play purchases in Canada when we are subscribed to Google music?

Also, if so, does it stack with other discounts? I'm about to buy the first 6 seasons of got but want to make sure. I am no longer in the free trial of Google music.

Kyolux

So, Intelcom is now in Ottawa and my saga vol 7 from Amazon is coming through them today or tomorrow. What should I expect? I'm fine with stuff being left in my mailbox or next to my door.

Do we get the 10% discount on Google play purchases in Canada when we are subscribed to Google music?

Also, if so, does it stack with other discounts? I'm about to buy the first 6 seasons of got but want to make sure. I am no longer in the free trial of Google music.

You do get the 10% off discount, but I don't think it stacks with anything. At least, personally I've never had it stack with the "75% off one rental" or "50% off collections" coupons I've had in the past. I assume it would stack with regular sale prices, though (i.e. not a promotion you have to opt into).

So I finally got my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. I've got a silly question.
I want to use that cable to charge my Switch on the go. What adapter do people get to charge it from the USB cable into the plug? I have the one from my iPhone, will that work?

I want to use that cable to charge my Switch on the go. What adapter do people get to charge it from the USB cable into the plug? I have the one from my iPhone, will that work?

Nope, you need something that delivers a lot more power than an iPhone charger. Like a Macbook USBC charger or something. The official Switch thread I think has a discussion on different alt charger options

Moltenix

If you want to charge it fast like the official AC adapter, you'll need a usb-c charger with a usb-c to usb-c cable.

You can use a usb-A charger (5V/2A to 2.4A) and it should work with the cable that came with the pro controller but it will be slower. Should be fine if the Switch is in sleep mode and you don't care about how fast it will charge.

Using such a charger and actively playing the Switch, it will only provide juice to keep the Switch battery more or less stable. It might charge it a bit or it might even drop.

I'm traveling to NS next month for my sister's graduation. How is the Switch stock up there? I'd love to have a Neon console, but Gray is fine I guess...

I'm buying in Canada because the Switch is literally $699 US here so that's out of the question lol.

I'm traveling to NS next month for my sister's graduation. How is the Switch stock up there? I'd love to have a Neon console, but Gray is fine I guess...

I'm buying in Canada because the Switch is literally $699 US here so that's out of the question lol.
It's bad

eyesradar

You'll prolly need some luck. With the release of MK8D later this month, the just-got-slightly-better Switch stock situation might just go shit again.

Do they still sell consoles at Chapters Indigo ?
I recall they had some years ago, but can't see any on website.

Asking because I got a bunch of giftcards to use.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

You should look into ordering it online and having it delivered to your sister before you even arrive.

Vinc

And still in stock. What the hell is going on?!

It's an awesome controller, I love it!

Yeah it's about 10x better than I expected. Might be the best controller of the gen. Certainly feels like the most well-built, though I never tried the Xbox Elite one.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah it's about 10x better than I expected. Might be the best controller of the gen. Certainly feels like the most well-built, though I never tried the Xbox Elite one.

Definitely the favorite of the three current controllers. As much as I love the Dualshock 4, this one is a sliver better for me. Plus the recharge rate is insane, haha, I've played 15 hours of Zelda with it so far and its indicator is still showing 100% (I think it's in 25% intervals on the controller screen).

eyesradar

Yeah, got mine yesterday and immediately fell into love with it. Feels like the loving child of DS4 and xbox360 controller. Other than the cost I have zero complaints.

It's been out for a month, scalpers are dropping prices or returning their stock, and Nintendo churns them out faster than NES Classics. There might be a bump when Mario Kart comes out but I think you'll be able to find them on shelves over the summer.

Sold out now, but on the flip side it seems to have stayed up for about 30 minutes or so. Are they finally making a trend toward being able to sustain them on store shelves, or is this just a case of the average consumer not really looking toward The Source?

I think it's the latter, because demand is still pretty high that retailers are selling out of their shipments rather quickly. Someone here mentioned that the two Sources stores in Eatons Centre Toronto had a ton of stock. Upon further research, I found out that there were apparently 100 units in stock from April 8th.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/the...ntre-downstairs-queen-subway-station-2092683/

The fact that it lasted through to Monday says something about people missing out on the smaller names that have it in stock (when I bought one at 6pm, associates said there were five left). Though I'm sure it's sold out by now. It's the same case for some of the local stores that have a bunch of the Switch accessories but no one ever goes there, or rather so few people go that the majority don't realize it's under their nose (ex. I was able to find a Pro Controller at Game Center just south of Yonge-Bloor).

It's been out for a month, scalpers are dropping prices or returning their stock, and Nintendo churns them out faster than NES Classics. There might be a bump when Mario Kart comes out but I think you'll be able to find them on shelves over the summer.

Lol the people thinking that others were going to overpay by at least 50 bucks for a Switch really were stupid. So many $500+ postings on kijiji for the Switch.

If anyone lives in Kingston, the EB Games at the RioCan just got a shipment of Switches, also the Best Buy across the street has BoTW amiibos! Just picked up the archer and rider!

Kyolux

Man, it's getting real, pre surgery appointment set for mid may.

I'm gonna need someone to email me the good deals while I'm down. XD

Sealtest

When customs opens a package do they usually cut open the top then re-tape it?

Received a package from ebay today that came from the US and it looks like it might've been opened then re-tapped.

edit - it came in a bubble mailer.

Edit edit - NVM if it was customs they'd put stickers or special tape.

Clive

When customs opens a package do they usually cut open the top then re-tape it?

Received a package from ebay today that came from the US and it looks like it might've been opened then re-tapped.

edit - it came in a bubble mailer.

Edit edit - NVM if it was customs they'd put stickers or special tape.

If it was sent with eBay's Global Shipping Program then that's what they do. The packages are sent from the seller to a repackaging center in the US where they are opened and put into the cheapest possible packaging.

Looks like amazon is killing multiples of the ff12 steelbook

"Hello,

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

Final Fantasy Xii The Zodiac Age Steel Book, Playstation 4

We have canceled the additional quantities you requested, but appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca"

Sucks for my friend but i'm still getting mine so that's nice.

Luigi87

Due to that price glitch, Amazon is limiting all FFXII steelbook orders to one per customer, and cancelling additional quantity orders.

I only had one pre-ordered anyhow, but still got the email.

Edit: Too slow, lol

ruvcan

Due to that price glitch, Amazon is limiting all FFXII steelbook orders to one per customer, and cancelling additional quantity orders.

I only had one pre-ordered anyhow, but still got the email.

Edit: Too slow, lol

I'm in the same situation and also received that email, at least my order is still active for now.

soultron

Banned
The email is a catch-all. I don't think they're canceling single orders -- only limited it to one per person and cancelling any additional orders on that same account. Mine is still in my pending orders as well.

Read the part where they say they're limiting it to 1 copy per customer. ;)

NYR

Looks like amazon is killing multiples of the ff12 steelbook

"Hello,

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

Final Fantasy Xii The Zodiac Age Steel Book, Playstation 4

We have canceled the additional quantities you requested, but appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca"

Sucks for my friend but i'm still getting mine so that's nice.
I got this same email but only ordered one. I did have an order for the regular copy still active though, I assumed they would cancel this as a price error. My order is active.

Per above though, this is likely a catch all email and they canceled people who wanted more than one copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom