• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the FFXII email. I only have one preordered currently.

My copy is currently expected to ship for free due to the glitch. Three prime discounts.

Firestorm

Thanks, was waiting for this. Will wait for prime to show up though.

I hope it's better than 4. It was the first time I was bored with a game in this series.
I've come to the realization that I only like Uncharted 2 and not really Uncharted as a series. Still looking forward to this because of the setting though. 10 hours sounds like a good length and the price is right after an E3 or Prime discount.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've come to the realization that I only like Uncharted 2 and not really Uncharted as a series. Still looking forward to this because of the setting though. 10 hours sounds like a good length and the price is right after an E3 or Prime discount.
I've had this conversation, 2 is the only great game. I couldn't even finish U4 and I got the Platinum on 1-3 on the PS3 and GA on the Vita. I'm not even a big fan of TLoU. I think I'm done with ND.

Fularu

Banned
I find every single uncharted game to be incredibly shallow with little to no replayability.

I'd rather rewatch the first two Indy movies than go through those games again

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After Uncharted 4, its become clearer than ever that ND isnt looking to provide the experiences I enjoy in gaming like they used to with Crash, Jak, and even their PS3 games (UC2, UC3, LoU)

Long sections with nothing except walking or holding forward to climb while characters I couldnt care less about talk about nothing.

That combined with the whole "the treasures just past this puzzle, oh wait its a clue for another puzzle" shtick got boring real fast and absolutely kills the pacing.

I know most people loved it and it was GAFs GotY but I hated it.

Kyolux

After Uncharted 4, its become clearer than ever that ND isnt looking to provide the experiences I enjoy in gaming like they used to with Crash, Jak, and even their PS3 games (UC2, UC3, LoU)

Long sections with nothing except walking or holding forward to climb while characters I couldnt care less about talk about nothing.

That combined with the whole "the treasures just past this puzzle, oh wait its a clue for another puzzle" shtick got boring real fast and absolutely kills the pacing.

True enough, personally thought LoU wasn't good either and I'm apparently a monster for it.

Firestorm

I know this is the deals thread but I just can never have a conversation about this with most of GAF. I love The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 and my issue with Uncharted 4 was that it left behind Uncharted's tone for something more emotional and failed so horribly at it. None of the characters interacted or reacted to each other and any situation with any sense of realism and it was so frustrating to watch. Maybe it's because it was passed from director to director but I really hope they don't attempt that again and I really hope the first Last of Us wasn't a fluke as I'm looking forward to TLOU2 a lot.

I think Lost Legacy will be good as I doubt they'll go for the UC4 style plot. UC3's pacing was awful and I disliked the combat in UC3 and UC4 but I think it's workable. Hoping for more like UC2's perfect pacing (never played a game where that was better) and what I found to be more interesting combat situations.

Also was about to place a pre-order on Amazon just in case the price was wrong but looks like they announced it's $39.99 USD today. Not bad. Seriously though, seeing Tamil in the first trailer was delightful. I was hoping the game would be set in Sri Lanka where my parents are from (the beginning of UC4 shows that Chloe is in Sri Lanka) but it seems to be India. Maybe there'll be a small excursion there... Also should be cool to play a game with Hindu legends/myths involved.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
True enough, personally thought LoU wasn't good either and I'm apparently a monster for it.

Im fully with you there. Last of Us was good, but not the cultural revelation most people treat it as. Having Ellie prance around in front of enemies while they ignore her in a survival stealth game was just laughable from a game design point of view and took me out of the experience everytime. LoU isnt half the game Resident Evil 4 was (taking into account it released before Gears of War standardised TPS controls)

While we're at it I thought Uncharted 2 was extremely overhyped too so maybe Im just missing something with these games. The intro in LoU was very memorable though.

I agree with you

Fularu

Banned
To be brutally honest I have yet to enjoy a single ND game.

I think the crash games were average, the jak games awful and uncharted uninspired metoo games with a white male lead not having boobs.

I guess they're not for me

kevin1025

Banned
Yep, I like physical more but for more than half the price I think it's a good deal.

It's an excellent deal for this, definitely! I'm mega tempted to go physical for this and Wipeout... but the promise of a guaranteed midnight release on PSN for $4.99 more is a hard thing to fight!

i-Jest

Looks like amazon is killing multiples of the ff12 steelbook

"Hello,

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

Final Fantasy Xii The Zodiac Age Steel Book, Playstation 4

We have canceled the additional quantities you requested, but appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca"

Sucks for my friend but i'm still getting mine so that's nice.

Yeah, I got that too. I only made an order for one copy though. I guess they're being more selective of what price errors they honor.

EraErr0r1

Even though I haven't been able to time it right and snag a NES classic just yet, (a little concerned about a potential cease in production) I have to commend CanadaGAF for their effort in communicating availability.

Honestly I have been to several different Best Buys, EB's etc. to find out information on their own incoming potential stock since November to no avail. I absolutely understand Nintendo is to blame though, so it's great to have a community out there that does what Nintendon't.

NYR

Basterds. Amazon.ca cancelled my FFXII SB orders. Didn't receive an email either.
Eh - They are honoring single orders despite the obvious price error. People who ordered more than one deserve to have their excess orders cancelled.

From the looks of things it seems If you had two games but in separate orders you get to keep them both maybe?
I have two orders for one copy and neither have been cancelled.

c-murph

Eh - They are honoring single orders despite the obvious price error. People who ordered more than one deserve to have their excess orders cancelled.

Yeah but they cancelled both. They should be honoured. At the minimum they should be honouring at least one. They don't have a policy saying otherwise.

From the looks of things it seems If you had two games but in separate orders you get to keep them both maybe?
I have two orders for one copy and neither have been cancelled.

Mine were separate orders.

the3ye

Hello,

We're contacting you about order # for the following item(s):

Final Fantasy Xii The Zodiac Age Steel Book, Playstation 4

We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed above because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we've cancelled them from your order and your original payment method won't be charged.

We're sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused. To help make up for the inconvenience, we've added a $5 Amazon.ca Gift Card to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you buy an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.ca, without entering a claim code.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.ca
Good luck guys

Ordered one copy

antibolo

Banned
My FFXII was just cancelled now. I had ordered only one. Email claims the item is no longer available.

The dream is dead.

So much for their price guarantee eh.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was up for so long that limiting it to one per person wasn't enough to fulfill all orders so they had to outright cancel a bunch of people?

i-Jest

My FFXII was just cancelled now. I had ordered only one. Email claims the item is no longer available.

The dream is dead.

So much for their price guarantee eh.

Log into Amazon, go to the games order page and see if there's a link that outlines when you made the order. That's what I did to make sure my order wasn't cancelled. This cancellation email comes off as a bit misleading at first because of the initial shock I find.

Same. Cancelled. Thank god I got FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS!

With this and some other cancellations, as well as the Persona 5 scare some people have gotten (before lucking out with free copies), I have to seriously mull over whether or not I want to keep y Prime account.

Magnus

I got the "limited to 1 per customer" email for the order where I only had one copy ordered.

I got the "your shit is just plain cancelled" email 15 mins ago for the order where I had two copies ordered.

When I check my account, that first order with one copy is still up and alive. Wish me luck.

I got a cancellation email from Amazon saying that they're giving me $5 store credit as an apology.

I was gong to cancel it anyway, so I'll take the 5 bucks.

JDH

Just got the cancellation email for Final Fantasy. I only had one copy ordered.

Feels bad mang

Ugh me too. Damnitt, I never get any of the really good deals... Oh well, I guess i'll wait until it's on sale for $29

(I don't care about the steel book, and i'm fine with the regular copy)

No cancellation for me yet. Did you guys have multiple orders / copies? If you had multiple orders with single copies, that's really not any different than multiple copies in a single order, so I can't really blame them.

That said... I actually would kinda prefer mine to be cancelled and get a $5 credit. :p I'm probably not buying the game.

Ventara

Yup, my order for 1 was cancelled and I got $5. I guess too many people got in on it and they would have lost too much. Kinda wish I'd saved my free Prime trial for the year, though.

Super bummed that my FFXII got cancelled. Ah well, I still have the regular pre-ordered with normal Prime discount. I'll just use that 5 bucks for a La La Land bluray copy.

Cynar

Mine was a single order and was cancelled. I received $5 credit as compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom