• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Ironic that the two orders where I felt 'Should I be spending this money, as good a deal as this is...' were both cancelled on me. TRU MK8 and FFXII. Oh well.

F4r0_Atak

LOL... Amazon didn't bother sending me an email regarding the cancelation of my FF XII steelbook order. Didn't even bother with the 5$ credit either... :/

I had one Steelbook edition at regular price and one with discount. When I got the initial mail I cancelled the regular price order to avoid getting both cancelled or the cheapest. Still no cancellation on the cheap one but I know it's coming. Should have touched nothing and get 10$ instead of 5$!

Don't think the Pro controller is hard to find at all anymore. Strolled into my local EB yesterday and they had like 5.

I would never say that unless you walk back in next week and there is still stock.

It's relatively easy to walk into a store (particularly a game store), and see stock that came in. Especially in this situation where people have more or less given up on seeing Switch products. Once it comes back in there can be a "boomerang" effect where there is a delay before word gets out and people buy it out.

I remember going into an EB once that had 40+ launch amiibos - Diddy, Wii Fit Trainer, etc. You would see the wall and just assume "oh, it's over". And then next time I visited, the wall was empty.

I would never say that unless you walk back in next week and there is still stock.

It's relatively easy to walk into a store (particularly a game store), and see stock that came in. Especially in this situation where people have more or less given up on seeing Switch products. Once it comes back in there can be a "boomerang" effect where there is a delay before word gets out and people buy it out.

I remember going into an EB once that had 40+ launch amiibos - Diddy, Wii Fit Trainer, etc. You would see the wall and just assume "oh, it's over". And then next time I visited, the wall was empty.

Agreed. Perhaps I should've been more clear on what my total evidence to make that statement was - It's been available for purchase on Best Buy and EB's websites for days without selling out and both sites' in-store stock trackers show stock at most locations, etc. I think it's safe to say it's much easier to get a Pro controller than a switch at this point. Whether or not that is still true as more Switch units ship, or maybe when Mario Kart releases, time will tell.

kevin1025

Banned
Has Amazon always been super slow to place the Prime discount on games? Wipeout's been up for five or six days now and still doesn't have it, along with the newbies (Uncharted, Yakuza and Digimon).

(I'm fairly new to Prime pre-orders apart from E3 shenanigans.)

Has Amazon always been super slow to place the Prime discount on games? Wipeout's been up for five or six days now and still doesn't have it, along with the newbies (Uncharted, Yakuza and Digimon).

(I'm fairly new to Prime pre-orders apart from E3 shenanigans.)

It depends on the game but yes, we have seen a lag in the past. Wipeout feels like it's been longer than usual, but also I've been F5ing the page every day so it might just be watched-pot syndrome.

Luigi87

I dunno if I can complain about Canadian [free] shipping anymore.
Not when I had to pay nearly $40 CAD for something from the Squenix Store, that left Nashville on Monday, and has no indicator of when it will actually arrive in Ontario, lol

Clive

Wow, Kiwami so cheap?

It's a remake of an old game and it builds a lot on what's in Yakuza 0 with many assets being reused from what I understand. I still expected at least $40 USD though since that's what HD remasters often cost. I shan't complain though and pre-order ones the discount is available.

Dazzler

cancelling my prime when it's up for renewal, what's the point in it when you pay 80 bucks a year and they still won't provide release day delivery

kevin1025

Banned
cancelling my prime when it's up for renewal, what's the point in it when you pay 80 bucks a year and they still won't provide release day delivery

I just joined up a few weeks ago, and out of my 20 orders, 7 don't have release day delivery. But it's 7 of the games I'd want most on release day, which is super disappointing. The E3 and Black Friday preorders from the past all had release day delivery, it's weird (to me at least) to see big things without it.

theRizzle

Completely new to Kiwami is the "Majima Everywhere" system, where the series' deranged, one-eyed maniac will constantly surprise and challenge Kiryu to combat when he least expects it.

lol

how do I get Majima Everywhere IRL? i could use the motivation

poodpick

You get the discount up to 2 weeks after release so you can wait and see if the games are worth it before you buy.

kevin1025

Banned
Not when I had to pay nearly $40 CAD for something from the Squenix Store, that left Nashville on Monday, and has no indicator of when it will actually arrive in Ontario, lol

I likely won't complain too much about free Canadian shipping in the future, lol
Nearly $40 shipping fee from Squenix Store, left Nashville on Monday and no clue when it will actually arrive in Ontario, lol

I thought I was experiencing deja vu for a second there, haha.

Luigi87

I thought I was experiencing deja vu for a second there, haha.

lmao, gonna edit an oops on that second.
I swear I thought I was going to post this morning, and then didn't 'cause I had to step away. I guess I really did and my short term memory got the better of me, haha
Damn, I'm honestly laughing way too hard at that fuck up, lol

iiicon

Encyclopedia Eorza? I bought that too. Shipping was nearly as expensive as the book.

Luigi87

Encyclopedia Eorza? I bought that too. Shipping was nearly as expensive as the book.

Yeah, I really wanted to pick it up.

I only live an hour from the border, so I guess I could have used one of those pick-up services, but I really don't want to have to drive to the US...

kevin1025

Banned
lmao, gonna edit an oops on that second.
I swear I thought I was going to post this morning, and then didn't 'cause I had to step away. I guess I really did and my short term memory got the better of me, haha
Damn, I'm honestly laughing way too hard at that fuck up, lol

Haha, I've done it a time or two myself, it happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom