• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Kiwami as good as Zero in terms of a starting place for series newcomers?

The general consensus seems to be that starting with 0 is preferable, just because Kiwami adds extra story specifically to bring in some of what happened in 0. But like everyone said, it's a remake of the first game, so starting with Kiwami should be perfectly fine, especially given its price point.

I hit up Live Chat and they said it doesn't qualify - I had thought all pre-orders qualified, but apparently not.

Hoping they update and correct.

If this is a new modification of the 20% Prime discount, then that might get me to cancel Prime. It's the more niche games like Wipeout and Yakuza Kiwami that I specifically want the discount for and often can't get during E3 promos.

But chances are that CSR is just full of shit, like every Amazon CSR is. People really need to learn never to take anything they say at face value because they just make things up constantly (ex. "Persona 5 Take Your Heart contains hazardous materials and that's why we cancelled everyone's Take Your Heart pre-orders").

(also I need to stop replying twice in a row and actually read ALL the posts before I hit reply/quote)

chrono01

I hit up Live Chat and they said it doesn't qualify - I had thought all pre-orders qualified, but apparently not.

The hell?

They better change that. If they don't allow 20% off of all pre-orders (like they're supposed to), I won't be renewing Prime. The reason I got it was specifically for pre-orders, as well as Special Editions of games. What's next? Not make it valid for Limited Collector's Editions? :/

Past

Yeah, I doubt it doesn't qualify, it just take a while for it update. Amazon CRS are usually clueless about stuff like this.

leeman

CS always says this and it always ends up showing up eventually, just need to give it some time :). I have seen it take up to 5 days to show up...

Vinc

So I have $15 in "promotional credit" with Amazon and I plan to pre-order Yakuza Kiwami once the Prime discount goes live... does anyone know if that promotional credit (from stuff shipping late, etc) will eat into the Prime discount or if it gets applied separately?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I have $15 in "promotional credit" with Amazon and I plan to pre-order Yakuza Kiwami once the Prime discount goes live... does anyone know if that promotional credit (from stuff shipping late, etc) will eat into the Prime discount or if it gets applied separately?
It's applied after the Prime discount IIRC.

Skikkiks

You don't have to wait to preorder, your order will automatically update itself to reflect your prime savings, even if it doesn't show up as prime savings specifically for some reason.

In fact, my Wipeout order that I placed has been lowered to it's Prime price point (39.99) even though that shit still isn't up so figure that one out.

Lexxism

It will stack with Prime. That's how I ordered my MLB the show and Persona 5

Or learn to edit your previous post.

I used to do that, but lately I've been forgetting that I just replied, so I can't even do that without leaving an unsightly empty second post.

You don't have to wait to preorder, your order will automatically update itself to reflect your prime savings, even if it doesn't show up as prime savings specifically for some reason.

In fact, my Wipeout order that I placed has been lowered to it's Prime price point (39.99) even though that shit still isn't up so figure that one out.

Oh hey, so did mine. Shows $39.99 list price, so the Prime discount wasn't broken out separately. Weird.

THE-JUV

any prime members not getting the 20% off for preordering Yakuza or Lost Legacy, both aren't giving me the 20% prime preorder discount.

Not a deal sorry.. but I just got my left joy con back from Nintendo. It took exactly one week from when I shipped it to when it arrived back at my place (in Toronto).
It works flawlessly now. Just thought this may help someone that is considering shipping their joy con in for repair.

Lothars

any prime members not getting the 20% off for preordering Yakuza or Lost Legacy, both aren't giving me the 20% prime preorder discount.
Not yet but it's because they just listed it, give it a couple days and it will have the prime discount listed.

kevin1025

Banned
Not yet but it's because they just listed it, give it a couple days and it will have the prime discount listed.

We need those pre-orders now! NOW!

You can always pre-order now in case of a price error, and if it doesn't apply after, cancel and pre-order again when the discount is applicable.

Kyolux

We need those pre-orders now! NOW!

You can always pre-order now in case of a price error, and if it doesn't apply after, cancel and pre-order again when the discount is applicable.

I'd ask someone to fix it instead of re-ordering and then complain that it didn't ship on time for release.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Oh boy Im gonna need both of Cloud and Bayonetta's amiibos.

This aint good.

Lexxism

Classic or Advent Children Cloud?
vjdmUA7.gif

*everything

keakster

Not a deal sorry.. but I just got my left joy con back from Nintendo. It took exactly one week from when I shipped it to when it arrived back at my place (in Toronto).
It works flawlessly now. Just thought this may help someone that is considering shipping their joy con in for repair.

Couple questions....

How did you initiate the return?
Email their support and wait to hear back?
Did they send a box to return it in?

BaconHat

I thought i was finished with Amiibo, but that FF7 Cloud and MM link...

MFDyS4o.gif

Also, they seem to have begun to appear on US Best Buy. I wonder if they will also appear on the Canadian version tonight.

Still kicking myself about getting the inkling/squid 3 pack instead of Callie and Marie. (They weren't out at the time.)

Tempted,though I don't have a switch. (Yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom