• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people actually put their province as Alberta to avoid the 13% taxes? I was going to do that earlier, but got scared about the potential trouble I could get in lmao.

krae_man

I just got an email asking me to review Mario Kart 8 Deluxe from Toys R Us.

Yes, I'm going to review a game that hasn't come out yet, from an order you cancelled.

antibolo

Banned
Do people actually put their province as Alberta to avoid the 13% taxes? I was going to do that earlier, but got scared about the potential trouble I could get in lmao.

Paying taxes for purely digital goods is a nonsensical concept to begin with. You're not buying from a domestic retailer.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Yes, I'm going to review a game that hasn't come out yet, from an order you cancelled.
You better review it. How else will people know if it's good or not?

Can you use the directional pad for movement? Are the controls tight?

You can use either the stick or dpad to move. As far as tight. It feels just like the old school games which was no doubt intentional. So they're "floaty" but I don't feel like it's bad. It just takes a bit of time to get use to those old school controls.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You're right. You were just advocating for tax fraud.

Digital goods should be tax free...because I wanna.

When PSN and Steam don't charge tax for digital goods (on top of having much lower exchange rates), it's not outrageous to find Nintendo charging tax on top of 40% markups to be unreasonable.

krae_man

When PSN and Steam don't charge tax for digital goods (on top of having much lower exchange rates), it's not outrageous to find Nintendo charging tax on top of 40% markups to be unreasonable.

PSN's exchange rate seems on par with Nintendo. I don't use steam so I can't comment on that.

Also you should never expect to not pay tax in Canada. Lack of tax is a screw up in your favor. Enjoy it while it lasts, don't complain about not getting it elsewhere.

FN-2187

Google Play Store also doesn't (not sure if Apple does). Microsoft does. I find it all baffling. I would love for someone in the know to explain why some companies do and some don't.

Savitar

I saw a lonesome Switch Pro controller in Wal-Mart yesterday. Keep your eyes out!

So did I, but it's been up on amazon now solidly for the last week. The shortage for now appears to be over until the holidays come. Even the Hori hard protective case which was impossible to get has been up, though I'm somewhat disappointed with it, the case is rather bendy if you push on it.

CazTGG

Maybe it's a test to see if you're worthy of having your order cancellation being reversed!

kevin1025

Banned
So did I, but it's been up on amazon now solidly for the last week. The shortage for now appears to be over until the holidays come. Even the Hori hard protective case which was impossible to get has been up, though I'm somewhat disappointed with it, the case is rather bendy if you push on it.

Oh wow, didn't even notice it's in stock there, too. Should have looked around before posting, haha. I figured it was still impossible to find. I guess that April onward flux of stock has brought the pro controller and some accessories back from the dead!

True Fire

Still no prime discount on yakuza kiwami.

Wth?

There's an option on Amazon to complain about the price. They've always added the prime discount a few hours after I clicked on it.

(My pc is broken and I've been using NeoGAF on mobile, otherwise I'd do it myself)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hello from Amazon.ca.

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for Release Date Delivery and has been upgraded to it at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Sea of Thieves - Xbox One"
Estimated arrival date: December 29, 2017

I don't think I've ever gotten an email like this from Amazon before, weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom