• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 for PS2

Grubdog

Banned
solarplexus said:
Capcom Europe knew it. Anybody remeber this final european box art of the gamecube version?

The box art is three weeks old and there's no "only for gc" on it.

officialre4boxeurope.jpg
Uh, all PAL third party GC games are missing the "only for gc" logo. Well at least all of mine are, RE, RE0, Sonic Mega Collection, Rouge Leader, Viewtiful Joe, MGS:TTS are also missing the "only for GC" logo.

cvxfreak

snapty00 said:
Cancel the new Zelda game because Resident Evil 4 isn't exclusive, anymore? :lol WTF are you people smoking tonight?

I didn't say it was going to happen, but I think Nintendo might not go with them for a new Zelda again.

Socreges

Banned
Catalyst said:
What in the samhell? This is bullshit. How about listening to consumer and NOT do this, Capcom. How about creating a lot of exclusive titles for the GameCube instead of killing it.

Fuckbags.

Nintendo, pull your deal with Flagship and the new GBA Zelda game, pronto.
*Catalyst is added to accumulating evidence of Republican/Nintendo fan correlation*

lexi

Banned
Socreges said:
*Catalyst is added to accumulating evidence of Republican/Nintendo fan correlation*

Correlation does not indicate Causation.

I'd probably make a Nader supporter blush.

Now Nintendo fans have someone else to bitch about than Sega. Sega got pulled through the mud for porting Monkey Ball 1 and 2 to PS2 and X box. And I guess it is now capcon turn.

cvxfreak

sonic4ever said:
Now Nintendo fans have someone else to bitch about than Sega. Sega got pulled through the mud for porting Monkey Ball 1 and 2 to PS2 and X box. And I guess it is now capcon turn.

That and Tales of Symphonia.

lexi

Banned
sonic4ever said:

YES CAPCON WILL BURN AT THE STAKE BY DAWN

Kon Tiki

Banned
sonic4ever said:
Not unless Nintendo buys Sega, Capcom and Namco! :(

Socreges

Banned
lockii said:
Correlation does not indicate Causation.

I'd probably make a Nader supporter blush.
See, that's why I said correlation and not causation.

btrboyev said:
I'm a huge nintendo fan and I'm anti-republican.
I figure there are many more liberal Nintendo fans (such as myself to some extent) than conservative, but Republicans are hard to come by here and they are often Nintendo fans.

This thread was destined for the archives from the first post. :lol:lol
Really? It's been so civil, so... disappointing. There was a fuss about an impending outrageous thread, but it never materialized. :( The pictures have been awesome, though.

jenov4

:lol I come back 1 hour later and notice this thread bloat to 5 pages. :lol at all the great photoshops. Cubies am cry!

Hollywood

Banned
Hmm ... maybe Nintendo should concentrate more on keeping major games on their system instead of bongo drums and touch screens.

btrboyev

It's been so civil, so... disappointing.

Well is it that big of a deal???? PS2 people still have to wait a year, and the GC version will still sell what it would've probably sold anyways. The only negative thing is it makes nintendo look bad.

Hellraizah

My Xbot-senses told me today it wasn't gonna be pretty for Nintendo. It's the beginning of Nintendo as vendor of the month at EB Canada, and we didn't sell any GameCube, but we took 2 back as trade-ins.

Hollywood said:
Hmm ... maybe Nintendo should concentrate more on keeping major games on their system instead of bongo drums and touch screens.

Bongo Control + Touch Control > Tank Control

Left bongo - rotate left
Right bongo - rotate right
Both Bongos - run forward
Clap - shoot!

Innovation in tank simulation dude!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
btrboyev said:
Well is it that big of a deal???? PS2 people still have to wait a year, and the GC version will still sell what it would've probably sold anyways. The only negative thing is it makes nintendo look bad.

Thats assuming Resident Evil 4 makes it out in January.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
There was never a contract between CAPCOM & Nintendo for RE exclussivity or the "CAPCOM 5"...this was a HANDSHAKE between Mr. Mikami and Mr. Miyamoto...but CAPCOM's upper magaement had other plans. I mean look at how they barely advertised the GAMECUBE RE's, then broke exclussivity by allowing the side story & Outbreak RE's on PS2, then they advertise Outbreak all over the place with TV ads that say "back on PS2!!!" and now this! Mr. Mikami better not be involved with the port to PS2. He BETTER leave CAPCOM for a cushy job at Nintendo. CAPCOM's management *sucks*...I mean really, that's why industry veteran Mr. Okamoto left them and that's why they're purposely sabatoging the GAMECUBE version in favor of the PS2 version by announcing it NOW. I mean seriously...they're doing this before the holiday shopping season...you don't think this won't hurt GAMECUBE sales...let alone how this is already affecting mindshare. Yeah, maybe Nintendo shoulda invested in CAPCOM back when they asked, but why should they do that when CAPCOM was inevitably gonna support PS2 more, port thier "exclussive" games and then bail.

Sonic
Tales Of Symphonia
Super Monkey Ball
Bloody Roar
Virtua Fighter Quest
Soul Caliber
Godzilla

It's like all companies love proclaiming exclussives for GAMECUBE, then bend Nintendo over in thier sleep leaving them with a sore ass in the morning.

Mr. Mikami and a good chunk of CAPCOM had BEST be working at Nintendo when this is all said and done. I'd love him to work on the next Famicom Detective Club for Revolution, or maybe a new mature themed game that WILL stay exclussive to Nintendo consoles for once!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
DrGAKMAN said:
Mr. Mikami and a good chunk of CAPCOM had BEST be working at Nintendo when this is all said and done. I'd love him to work on the next Famicom Detective Club for Revolution, or maybe a new mature themed game that WILL stay exclussive to Nintendo consoles for once!

ah. there's the utter insanity that this thread had promised. it took 8 pages, but there it is.

Hollywood

Banned
Don't start with the petty 'omg traitor!!' stuff ... I don't get all this 'so and so didnt advertise, so it didnt sell stuff'. I notice no difference in ads between most of the main games. People are supposed to have some sort of loyalty to a company that treats third parties like garbage? I'm sure Nintendo just sees the third parties leaving and is happier because that means less competition against them to sell games on their system.

ManaByte

Gold Member
jenov4 said:
:lol I come back 1 hour later and notice this thread bloat to 5 pages. :lol at all the great photoshops. Cubies am cry!

For GameCube fans, this thread is the ultimate trick this Halloween. For multi-console owners it's the ultimate treat. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Kon Tiki

Banned
ManaByte said:
For GameCube fans, this thread is the ultimate trick this Halloween. For multi-console owners it's the ultimate treat. :lol :lol :lol :lol
What about Xbox? WHAT ABOUT XBOX?

zombie-brains.jpg

Zombies: BRAAAAIIINNNS... BRAAAAIIIINNS...

zombie-kohler.jpg

Nintendo Fan: TAKE ME!! I MUST PROTECT THE HIVE!!

Zombies feel Nintendo Fan's skull

zombie-brains.jpg

Zombies (shuffling off towards PS2): BRAAAAIIINNNS... BRAAAAIIIINNS...

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Vagabond said:
I don't take anything seriously. You're making stuff up now. Simmer down. It was just a joke. Simmer down.

:lol please. when i was first banned from here i posted so on OA.. you and your gang of monkeys attacked me for signing up there cause i was banned here.. honestly. who gives a crap.

seems like this is bothering you a bit too much

Seriously guys. im sarcastic and carefree! really . look at me! :lol

Renegade

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
:lol please. when i was first banned from here i posted so on OA.. you and your gang of monkeys attacked me because i only signed up there cause i was banned here.. honestly. who gives a crap.

seems like this is bothering you a bit too much

Seriously guys. im sarcastic and carefree! really . look at me! :lol
Because I'll always have distaste for someone who goes somewhere just to bitch like a nagging little sister. You weren't the only one who shared their fucking experience of being banned for doing something dumb. Who the fuck really cares. Your crying and holding a pity party about it only serves to prove that you care a bit too much. If you had your 'who gives a crap' attitude, you would have accepted that you did something dumb and moved on. Not annoy others just to whine.

I'm not supposed to even talk about 'that place' here. If I become subsequently banned because of your continuous pity party, guess what, I WON'T WHINE! I won't try to gather pity from a group of people who could care less.

"OMG I did something stupid. Pity me! Please pity me! I was banned from an INTERNET FORUM. :cry "

piss.
off.

Suranga3 said:
You gotta feel for nintendo in these trouble times...

Why should people feel for Nintendo? Noone felt for Sega in there tough times.
It is the same thing that people say about Sega......it is Nintendo own fault.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Vagabond said:
Because I'll always have distaste for someone who goes somewhere just to bitch like a nagging little sister. You weren't the only one who shared their fucking experience of being banned for doing something dumb. Who the fuck really cares. Your crying and holding a pity party about it only serves to prove that you care a bit too much. If you had your 'who gives a crap' attitude, you would have accepted that you did something dumb and moved on. Not annoy others just to whine.

I'm not supposed to even talk about 'that place' here. If I become subsequently banned because of your continuous pity party, guess what, I WON'T WHINE! I won't try to gather pity from a group of people who could care less.

"OMG I did something stupid. Pity me! Please pity me! I was banned from an INTERNET FORUM. :cry "

piss.
off.

again.. too serious. haha.. i wasnt even whining.. i was asking if someone could find out why i was banned.

:lol good lord it didnt take much to piss you off.

lexi

Banned
sonic4ever said:
Why should people feel for Nintendo? Noone felt for Sega in there tough times.
It is the same thing that people say about Sega......it is Nintendo own fault.

Somebody's bitter.

Renegade

Banned
Suranga3 said:
You gotta feel for nintendo in these trouble times...
Uhh? Nintendo's under new management. They have a hip, new director (*stifled laughter*) who's going to lead Nintendo to the top of the game. Look at the GBASP. He is going to give Nintendo a more mature audience. Look at Metroid prime and the GBASP! He's doing good now. But he didn't help create the GC (*snicker*) so we have to wait to see what he does on the next generation console!

Plus Reggie will kick ass and take names!

Woo! Who cares about RE4. Gimme more Mario games.

Socreges

Banned
Vagabond said:

piss.
off.
This seems so ironic to me considering the foundation of OA and continual drive is one of tremendous angst towards GAF.

Top Bottom