• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeIC

This probably belongs elsewhere, but I've caught up on all the MCU movies and TV and was thinking about reading some of the related comics. Where would one start and how could I find them?

Quick rundown:
Cap
Tony Stark
Black Widow
Bucky
Falcon
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Zemo
Crossbones

Possibly appearing:
Spider Man
Ant Man
Batroc
Maria Hill
Nick Fury
Sharon Carter

JEEZZZUUUUUSSSSSSS
I expect all of these except for Ant-Man, is that wrong of me? Have there been hints?

Dai101

Banned
Look at the lineup. Only major players missing are Thor and Hulk, but instead we have BP and Spidey. Plus they're adding Falcon and Bucky.

Spider-man is nowhere near confirmed for CW. Hell, his appearance could be only a namedrop by some of the characters.

Possible Civil War spoiler:
There have been whispers of a Ant-Man breakout scene.
Oh is this because
someone hinted Widow would be left in a position where she could theoretically not be in the films(like in jail) and that it'd act as a jumping-in point for Ant-Man and then we subsequently got confirmation that she'll be in the movie and thus the prior comments about Ant-Man become spoilers?

Still hoping War Machine ends up in this though, that'd be great.

BLACKLAC

Look at the lineup. Only major players missing are Thor and Hulk, but instead we have BP and Spidey. Plus they're adding Falcon and Bucky.

War Machine could possibly suit up in AoU and Falcon is confirmed to be in AoU. And so far Vision and the twins are not confirmed in CW (though of course I wouldn't be surprised to see them in there)

Oh is this because
someone hinted Widow would be left in a position where she could theoretically not be in the films(like in jail) and that it'd act as a jumping-in point for Ant-Man and then we subsequently got confirmation that she'll be in the movie and thus the prior comments about Ant-Man become spoilers?

Still hoping War Machine ends up in this though, that'd be great.

That's a Bingo!

Jigorath

Banned
War Machine could possibly suit up in AoU and Falcon is confirmed to be in AoU. And so far Vision and the twins are not confirmed (though of course I wouldn't be surprised to see them in there)

Oh you know what I meant. It's a getting a lot of superheroes involved for just a Cap movie.

BLACKLAC

Oh you know what I meant. It's a getting a lot of superheroes involved for just a Cap movie.

No doubt. I still don't subscribe to the "Avengers 2.5" thing tho (or Cap 2 being "Avengers 1.5"). Avengers films are battles against an otherworldly force. FA, TW and CW is a battle against government-like forces.

Frog-fu

Banned
If it wasn't for the fact we have other movies in between, it'd be cool if we had a Captain America: Civil War followed by Iron-Man: Civil War. It's all cool though. I don't expect this to look anything like the comics, which has been a blast reading btw.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Quick rundown:
Cap
Tony Stark
Black Widow
Bucky
Falcon
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Zemo
Crossbones

Possibly appearing:
Spider Man
Ant Man
Batroc
Maria Hill
Nick Fury
Sharon Carter

JEEZZZUUUUUSSSSSSS

oh boy... this is getting insane

Ithil

Good. Even if it's a small role it was getting silly how he never appeared outside of the Avengers movies.

Cuburt

I love the idea of Civil War being on the scale of an Avengers film but still being a Cap movie. It's the next logical step for cross-overs since Avengers and something I've been hoping to see since before the MCU even became a thing.

It's crazy how hype Phase 3 is getting that each new announcement is already creeping up to overshadow the movies that come before it. Like AoU will be huge, but Civil War and Spider-Man, even Infinity War can't help but steal a little bit of that thunder. Poor Ant-Man has practically been forgotten with Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and the Inhumans on the horizon. I think that will change the closer we get to the summer, but that's how you know the Marvel machine is like an engine firing on all cylinders. Their momentum is crazy.

Why does everyone think that the Russo bros are perfect for this and infinity war and that they are the absolute best option based off of one pretty good movie? I'm just looking through their director credits now and it seems that pretty much most of what they've done has not been good.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Why does everyone think that the Russo bros are perfect for this and infinity war and that they are the absolute best option based off of one pretty good movie? I'm just looking through their director credits now and it seems that pretty much most of what they've done has not been good.

hmmmm i see a bunch of tv and a few films what did Whedon have when he got Avengers? Serenity?

The hype is most definitely from the job they did on TWS there isn't all that much before it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Because the Intenet and espescially Neogaf tends to form opinions in that way. Just wait when a new movie of the Russos is crap, then they are the worst directors ever.

Blader

Call me crazy but, after making one great Captain America sequel, I feel confident that the Russos can make another great Captain America sequel. But I know that's a very tenuous assumption...

BLACKLAC

Because WS has action scenes that are better than 97% of Hollywood. Brought out great character moments from the actors. And was very well written. Past directing credits doesn't really mean much now after the way they nailed Winter Soldier (paintball episodes were fantastic on Community). They have shown they are more than capable and fully understand the material and characters.

Why wouldn't they be perfect for Civil War? A continuation of Cap's story, the third film in the trilogy and from what we know will have political themes, which they nailed in Winter Soldier. As for Infinity War, Civil War will be a much better judge on that because of the sheer amount of the heroes in the film. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Whedon has a hand in the writing process of Infinity War which could take some weight off their shoulders.

But more importantly Marvel has been pretty aggressive in getting them into the fold in a big way and they seem Very game. That's a good enough sign for me.

Caboose

I remember the Russos shitting on You, Me and Dupree in an interview once, seemed like the studio jerked them around on that one.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Quick rundown:
Cap
Tony Stark
Black Widow
Bucky
Falcon
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Zemo
Crossbones

Possibly appearing:
Spider Man
Ant Man
Batroc
Maria Hill
Nick Fury
Sharon Carter

JEEZZZUUUUUSSSSSSS

Too bloated, what a clusterfuck etc.. etc.. etc...

Cptkrush

I'm really glad MCU movies are getting to the point where the heroes and villains are pretty much all of the characters in them, even just side characters and stuff. It feels a lot more like the comics that way, in that the world is populated with many super heroes instead of just one.

hmmmm i see a bunch of tv and a few films what did Whedon have when he got Avengers? Serenity?

The hype is most definitely from the job they did on TWS there isn't all that much before it.

Buffy, angel, firegly and Dollhouse were all ensemble shows. The fact they were tv probably didnt matter as much as Whedons ability to juggle 6-7 people at one time. Whedon is also a big comics nerd so hes passionate about the source material. Then tgere was his near flawless execution of Astonishing XMen which again really is like writing for buffy or Angel in that hes working with a lot of characters with super powers.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
brb moving to Georgia so I can punch Captain America in the dick

kj8HXtR.gif

I always assumed Antman was in this because he said in an interview he feels like he's playing Ant-Man all year and wants a break to enjoy the end of summer (he was talking about not having a family vacation until the fall).

It would literally mean he went from filming Antman to another movie then right back to Antman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom