• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Civil War starts filming in less than 2 weeks, on April 1

http://collider.com/captain-america-civil-war-filming-date/

If no Spidey is announced by then it's safe to assume there wasn't a second script featuring him? Or they could shoot his scenes later?

There's probably a big jump of five or ten blank pages that say [INSERT SPIDERMAN JUNK HERE] for when they finally sign a Spidey. I really think if anything, Spidey will be an after credits thing, and his part in Civil War will largely be more as an aftermath thing in the MCU Spidey movie and in the next Avengers.

Nobody said you had to have Spidey say anything in Civil War. He could just be a non speaking cameo. So anyone could be in the suit.

Nobody said you had to have Spidey say anything in Civil War. He could just be a non speaking cameo. So anyone could be in the suit.

Originally this is what I expected (easter egg/cameo scene) but there was rumours around here that he had some sort of significant role in the alternate Civil War script.

So I'm just curious

So Civil War starts filming in less than 2 weeks, on April 1

http://collider.com/captain-america-civil-war-filming-date/

If no Spidey is announced by then it's safe to assume there wasn't a second script featuring him? Or they could shoot his scenes later?
I think the Spiderman plan was always going to be a very minor role, more akin to a cameo or anything. It's still a Captain America movie that's already going to be less Captain America and more Avengers. There was never room for anything more than a cameo for Spiderman.

The best place for him is still in the after-credits, where almost everyone will be expecting him to be.

BLACKLAC

http://www.tammysmithcasting.com/TSCasting/Casting_Notices.html

shapeimage_4.png

Mariolee

Actually, rereading the article it almost seems like a footnote more than anything. Not sure it's actually 100% confirmed or anything, but I trust Variety.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Actually, rereading the article it almost seems like a footnote more than anything. Not sure it's actually 100% confirmed or anything, but I trust Variety.

Variety takes fact checking and their sources seriously and doesn't post rumors. If Variety says Spider-Man will appear in Civil War, I trust them.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I miss long-haired Black Widow. I either want Marvel to use Scarlett's current bad ass haircut or put some extensions on her for Civil War.

mreddie

Well...shieeeeeet.

So the confirmed list is now:
Captain America
Iron Man
Falcon
Black Panther
The Winter Soldier
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Spiderman
The WInter Soldier
Baron Zemo
Crossbones
Damn.

P.S.
Is that casting list for people only in the Greater Atlanta? I kinda want to apply...

Sheit.

Well...shieeeeeet.

Captain America
Iron Man
Falcon
Black Panther
The Winter Soldier
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Spiderman
The WInter Soldier
Baron Zemo
Damn.

P.S.
Is that casting list for people only in the Greater Atlanta? I kinda want to apply...

If Civil War is given a 260 million+ budget I'll consider it a waste.

SWEET JESUS

Neoxon

Well...shieeeeeet.

Captain America
Iron Man
Falcon
Black Panther
The Winter Soldier
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Spider-Man
Baron Zemo
Damn.

P.S.
1. You listed Winter Soldier twice, which I fixed.
2. I thought Variety already confirmed Spidey a while back.

Szu

Well...shieeeeeet.

Captain America
Iron Man
Falcon
Black Panther
The Winter Soldier
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Spiderman
Baron Zemo
Damn.

P.S.

The Avengers 2.5

Luke_Wal

Well...shieeeeeet.

Captain America
Iron Man
Falcon
Black Panther
The Winter Soldier
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Spiderman
The WInter Soldier
Baron Zemo
Damn.

P.S.

Almost makes me worried, especially because Winter Solider (my favorite MCU movie) was so great (in my opinion) because it focused on such a small group of characters. I worry that with so many players, we won't be able to focus as much on the individuals. I also have the same fear about Age of Ultron, though, so I'll have to wait to see how that works out. Already bought my ticket!

I fixed the list now.
There are still several unknown characters that could be in the film.

Possible Characters:
War Machine
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Agent 13
Nick Fury
As well as any S.H.I.E.L.D. character.

Neoxon

I fixed the list now.

Possible Characters:
War Machine
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Agent 13
Nick Fury
I'm 75% sure we'll get the Twins (yes, both of them).

I fixed the list now.

Possible Characters:
War Machine
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Agent 13
Nick Fury

Agent 13 seems really likely given Emily Vancamp has a multifilm contract and her TV show is over. Fury also seems a given for any Cap film...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom