• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
well if we were to do a double-elimination tournament, there's a site i can set that up on (just to view brackets, no one would have to sign up or anything).

anyone interested in a little carc tourney?

1. AstroLad
2. czartim

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woo!

1. AstroLad
2. czartim
3. Karud
4. Bioshocked
5. DukeSucks
6. AirBrian
7. swoon
8. Jonnyram
9. gotee12

maybe too ambitious but if we can get 7 more we'd have a nice round 16

mehdi_san

AstroLad said:
woo!

1. AstroLad
2. czartim
3. Karud
4. Bioshocked
5. DukeSucks
6. AirBrian
7. swoon
8. Jonnyram
9. gotee12

maybe too ambitious but if we can get 7 more we'd have a nice round 16
Oh what the hell, put me in too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
1. AstroLad
2. czartim
3. Karud
4. Bioshocked
5. DukeSucks
6. AirBrian
7. swoon
8. Jonnyram
9. gotee12
10. mehdi_san

Yah no one hesitate there are tons of people fairly new to the game already in the tourney. Also it's double elimination, so you'll get to play at least two games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I almost forgot I have an extra copy of The Cult expansion that I got from Spielbox, so I'll be giving that out to the top U.S. finisher as a prize (it's a handful of tiles that can be integrated into the base game; you can get the rules to it on BGG and elsewhere).

LugNut74

AstroLad said:
well if we were to do a double-elimination tournament, there's a site i can set that up on (just to view brackets, no one would have to sign up or anything).

anyone interested in a little carc tourney?

1. AstroLad
2. czartim
I would luv to join in this tourney. If there are any openings please sign me up. Thanks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
1. AstroLad
2. czartim
3. Karud
4. Bioshocked
5. DukeSucks
6. AirBrian
7. swoon
8. Jonnyram
9. gotee12
10. mehdi_san
11. Minsc
12. LugNut74
13. kennah
14. Grifter
15. suikodan
16. Echoes
-----------------------
wowzers that was fast. i'll keep the list going so that we have either a waitlist or i expand the tournament (depending how many more we get)

Minsc

Gold Member
Imagine how popular this game will be when it gets GC support w/ achievements! You can probably run a 64 person tourney! :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
1. AstroLad
2. czartim
3. Karud
4. Bioshocked
5. DukeSucks
6. AirBrian
7. swoon
8. Jonnyram
9. gotee12
10. mehdi_san
11. Minsc
12. LugNut74
13. kennah
14. Grifter
15. suikodan
16. Echoes
17. 19Kilo
18. ChackanKun
19. centracore
20. attractivetb
21. Ri'Orius
22. FoxhoundNL
23. Beer Monkey
24. joeyjoejoeshabadoo

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
don't worry about it you guys are in. when i randomize the seeds we can also randomize byes if there's not a perfect number.

just everyone who signed up for the tournament please subscribe to this thread

deadline for sign-ups is 9 pm est tomorrow then i'll post the bracket

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
On timing: Hopefully it can be chill with people taking each match at their leisure. But I'd like each round to take no more than a week. So for example, Round 1 deadline will be this Sunday by 9 PM EST, and will be the same for each round thereafter (of course, people can finish quicker as long as the matchups are set). This may at times require coordinating a specific time to hammer the game out (some may prefer this anyway), just fyi.

Well, since I'm usually with my iPhone all the time, only time that I'm not able to play is when I'm sleeping so no problem there!

Minsc

Gold Member
AstroLad said:
On timing: Hopefully it can be chill with people taking each match at their leisure. But I'd like each round to take no more than a week. So for example, Round 1 deadline will be this Sunday by 9 PM EST, and will be the same for each round thereafter (of course, people can finish quicker as long as the matchups are set). This may at times require coordinating a specific time to hammer the game out (some may prefer this anyway), just fyi.

I was just starting to get worried the games would have like a 1 or 2 hour window, 1 week sounds like a ridiculous amount of time, no worries now!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I might do it so it's two rounds a week, just so this doesn't take too long and people don't get complacent.

But the first deadline will definitely be this Sunday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tournament Rules

-Tournament is double elimination, meaning you play until you lose in two rounds. So don't leave after you lose your first game.

-Each round consists of one 2P game against your opponent. The bracket can be found here: http://challonge.com/neogafcarc (will be finalized by 10 PM EST tonight, will post image here as well).

-Winner post scores in the following format: [Winner & Score] - [Loser & Score]
AstroLad 170 - AirBrian 37
Feel free to post screenshots or anything of note as well of course.

-Deadline for the first round ("Preliminaries" on the bracket) is Sunday September 19 at 5 PM EST. People with unplayed games will be booted from the tournament.

-Deadline for the next round ("1st Round" on the bracket) will be Wednesday September 22 at 9 PM EST.

-Deadlines for successive rounds will continue on the Sunday/Wednesday schedule.

-If you don't already have your opponent on your list, PM him your email. Either person can send the game invite, and once the game has started if there are duplicate invites, the other can just be rejected.

-Provided we make it all the way through to the finals, winner receives a set of tiles for Carcassonne: The Cult, a small expansion to the base (physical) game.

CzarTim

ChackanKun said:
Ah glad you're here. You won me by 3 points last time we played.

Would love to have my revenge :3
He beat me by three points too. :(

Astro, what happens if your opponent bails? Both get booted.

Also, should we provide screenshots of the game when it's over?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just to be clear, the tournament matchups aren't final yet. People can still sign up until 9 est tonight, at which point I'll randomize the seedings and then the matchups will be made. Not everyone will have a first-round match either since there has to be a qualifying round first b/c we'll have less than 32.

Only way I'm aware of people getting "booted" is someone deleting a game. If that happens, then the remaining player gets a 100-0 win and the deleter is out of the tourney. Never seen anything analagous to a "disconnect" except when people were upgrading their phones, but even that got sorted.

I have to post how to report scores too. Check the updated rules.

Top Bottom