• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sweet ironed that out.

if anyone else is having communication issues PLEASE try to get them sorted before the weekend so you can get your game in on time

Jonnyram

Looking forward to playing the loser of E, come on.
Been meaning to add Minsc separately as it is, but don't wish to curse the game :lol

centracore

Yep, sorry about that guys, I used to only check this thread occasionally and didn't think I'd make it into the tournament because I was outside of the original 16. Either way I'm subscribed to it now so I'll be checking it a couple times daily at the least.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
centracore said:
Yep, sorry about that guys, I used to only check this thread occasionally and didn't think I'd make it into the tournament because I was outside of the original 16. Either way I'm subscribed to it now so I'll be checking it a couple times daily at the least.
hm good point. when you're pming people make sure to mention it's for the carc tournament!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
For the new page:
Tournament Rules

-Tournament is double elimination, meaning you play until you lose in two rounds. So don't leave after you lose your first game.

-Each round consists of one 2P game against your opponent. The bracket can be found here: http://challonge.com/neogafcarc

-Winner post scores in the following format: [Winner & Score] - [Loser & Score]
AstroLad 170 - AirBrian 37
Feel free to post screenshots or anything of note as well of course, and I'll attach the screenshot link to the Challonge score.

-Deadline for Preliminaries is Sunday September 19 at 5 PM EST. People with unplayed games will be booted from the tournament.

-Deadline for 1st Round on the bracket) will be Wednesday September 22 at 9 PM EST.

-Deadlines for successive rounds will continue on the Sunday/Wednesday schedule.

-You can play a game "ahead of time" provided that you have the matchup (for example, you can play your next round game or your loser's bracket if you already have an opponent.

-If you don't already have your opponent on your list, PM him your email. Either person can send the game invite, and once the game has started if there are duplicate invites, the other can just be rejected.

-Provided we make it all the way through to the finals, winner (or the top USA finisher) receives a set of tiles for Carcassonne: The Cult, a small expansion to the base (physical) game (USA shipping addresses only).

centracore

Bioshocked said:
Centracore beat me 157 to 121.

I had a huge city going, and he latched on to it. :lol

Good game Bioshocked, and sorry about the city :/

acenfq.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AstroLad 112 - centracore 86

gg centracore. from our past encounters i knew it was gonna be a great showdown. don't forget you're still in this! (see bracket) maybe we shall meet again!

bring it grifter/foxhound/czartim!

Minsc

Gold Member
AstroLad said:
AstroLad 112 - centracore 86

gg centracore. from our past encounters i knew it was gonna be a great showdown. don't forget you're still in this! (see bracket) maybe we shall meet again!

bring it grifter/foxhound/czartim!

You never did say what happens if you win the tourney did you, what's in it for you? ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'll just give it to the next-best us person if that happens :p

really i just want someone to get it who finishes highest and:
-lives in the us
-has the tabletop game or is considering getting it
-does not have the cult

not very useful otherwise though the tiles are pretty!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
grifter and foxhound are both pro too should be quite the showdown

what's going on with the top half of the bracket though?

attractivetb

Neo Member
Lugnut74 and I just finished up. I managed to win it- Attractivetb - 99 - Lugnut74 - 80. A close game considering that I got the better of the pieces towards the end.

HaVND.png

Thanks for posting Brian, and GG...fun playing with you.

DukeSucks

has anyone had any problems with the ending screen lately? I had two games end today and both times when I was looking over the end screen (the one in the screenshots you guys are posting from the tourney games), my phone froze. I had to reboot the whole phone to get any response.

attractivetb

Neo Member
DukeSucks said:
has anyone had any problems with the ending screen lately? I had two games end today and both times when I was looking over the end screen (the one in the screenshots you guys are posting from the tourney games), my phone froze. I had to reboot the whole phone to get any response.

I crashed out of it (didn't need a reboot) just after my game below.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
remaining matchups (deadline sunday morn):
ChackanKun
suikodan

AirBrian
Ri'Orius

kennah
mehdi_san

DukeSucks
Minsc

Grifter
FoxHoundNL

BeerMonkey
gotee12

AirBrian

I'm here! Invite sent!

Grifter said:
Even in bracketology AB gets screwed!

I'd argue that being USA is prize enough for most tourneys, but for Carc, winner really oughta get credit for the board game thread on top of tiles.
:lol :lol Thanks, guys.

AirBrian

6 tiles left in our game.

Game of momentum swings. Ri jumped out big...I came back and pulled within 5 or so...he got some well-timed tiles to prevent my city theft...and he's currently up 16 points. Should be a great finish!

Ri'Orius

ScrCK.jpg

Well played, man. If I hadn't drawn three cloisters in the early game, I doubt I'd've come out on top.

attractivetb, I'm about to send you my email; check your PMs.

AirBrian

Ri'Orius said:
http://imgur.com/ScrCK.jpg

Well played, man. If I hadn't drawn three cloisters in the early game, I doubt I'd've come out on top.

attractivetb, I'm about to send you my email; check your PMs.
Yeah, definitely a good battle! Those three cloister definitely helped, but the real turning point was later in the game when I was about to share your large city (~10 points) but then you got the two-end-cap tile to cock-block my steal attempt. That nailed any coffin of hope I had.

suikodan

ChackanKun said:
Forgot to take a screenshot:

Suikodan - 98 vs Chackan - 94

Freaking close lol

I took one.
a3de6b43.jpg

I can't believe I won, especially when you blocked me 3 peons very early in the game. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wow, closest game yet!

Everyone check the bracket to see your next matches (including people who lost--remember you're not out until you lose TWICE). You can play as soon as your match as set; you don't have to wait for others to finish.
http://challonge.com/neogafcarc

Deadline is Sunday noon EST for the remaining Qualifying matches:
kennah
mehdi_san

Grifter
FoxHoundNL

Beer Monkey
gotee12

DukeSucks

all my games were stuck so I just unstuck them. Weird thing is, now I have multiple games of each one that I unstuck. Hope it doesn't affect anything.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Oh gah that's weird. I had a game with stooge where I thought he started two games but I guess it was only one, so I have an empty one sitting there I'll probably delete at some point. Maybe it'll be the same for you.

DukeSucks

yeah trying to play my game with minsc, every time I get a notification, I go into the game and there's no option to play my turn. So I do /unstuck and it let's me play but creates a whole new game. I wonder if deleting the app and reinstalling it would lose my game.

If for some reason this game's not finished by the deadline, I'll accept the forfeit so minsc can move on.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DukeSucks said:
yeah trying to play my game with minsc, every time I get a notification, I go into the game and there's no option to play my turn. So I do /unstuck and it let's me play but creates a whole new game. I wonder if deleting the app and reinstalling it would lose my game.

If for some reason this game's not finished by the deadline, I'll accept the forfeit so minsc can move on.
I think you can. Somebody in here had to delete and reinstall at some point. Maybe if you check back 3-6 pages.

DukeSucks

that appears to have worked, the your turn icon showed up on all my games and there were no duplicates. I guess I'll know for sure when it's my turn again.

Although minsc is kicking my ass now anyways so it will be the same result as if I forfeited :D

Minsc

Gold Member
cmatcht1r1.jpg

That was close! Great game, not sure if I ever thought I was kicking your ass though! I thought the fields would put me way over where they did (I still don't quite understand how they score), turned out it was just getting that one city that saved me :)

Grifter

foxhound, do you think you can finish by sunday? feels like you have a one-hour window during the day, but i figure it's a time difference if you're in nl.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
/unstuck in chat
i thought it was a joke the first time someone said it, but it's actually true that occasionally games can get "stuck" and not let you put a piece down when it's your turn and /unstuck fixes it

Top Bottom