• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
For the new page:
Tournament Rules

-Tournament is double elimination, meaning you play until you lose in two rounds. So don't leave after you lose your first game.

-Each round consists of one 2P game against your opponent. The bracket can be found here: http://challonge.com/neogafcarc

-Winner post scores in the following format: [Winner & Score] - [Loser & Score]
AstroLad 170 - AirBrian 37
Feel free to post screenshots or anything of note as well of course.

-Deadline Preliminaries is Sunday September 19 at 5 PM EST. People with unplayed games will be booted from the tournament.

-Deadline for 1st Round on the bracket) will be Wednesday September 22 at 9 PM EST.

-Deadlines for successive rounds will continue on the Sunday/Wednesday schedule.

-You can play a game "ahead of time" provided that you have the matchup (for example, you can play your next round game or your loser's bracket if you already have an opponent.

-If you don't already have your opponent on your list, PM him your email. Either person can send the game invite, and once the game has started if there are duplicate invites, the other can just be rejected.

-Provided we make it all the way through to the finals, winner (or the top USA finisher) receives a set of tiles for Carcassonne: The Cult, a small expansion to the base (physical) game (USA shipping addresses only).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
just a few more hours until the bracket is unleashed upon the world. dozens throughout the world vying for the glorious prize of a handful of tiles (USA ONLY)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bracket is up!

Follow the rules in the rules post and play your games!

See you next round centracore/Bioshocked!

!

All Preliminaries matches must be played by Sunday at 5 pm est.

Karud

Uhm. I'm not quite sure what to do (not familiar with that kind of bracket). I don't play in the preliminaries, right?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Let me know what's confusing, but yes the only matchups currently set are the Preliminaries. Every reference ("Preliminaries" "1st Round") is to a title on the bracket. Loser's bracket rounds will be called "Loser's Bracket Round 1" and so forth from the lefthand side.

CzarTim

Karud said:
Uhm. I'm not quite sure what to do (not familiar with that kind of bracket). I don't play in the preliminaries, right?
Correct. We are automatically advanced into the next round.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
One piece of advice: Don't wait until Saturday to start your games unless you know for certain you can both get through it in one sitting. As long as we have others finishing games, Sunday will be a hard deadline as will every other. Need to keep things moving.

Minsc

Gold Member
AstroLad said:
Bracket is up!

Follow the rules in the rules post and play your games!

See you next round centracore/Bioshocked!

!

All Preliminaries matches must be played by Sunday at 5 pm est.

Where? I'm blind this morning.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
czartim said:
I'm patiently awaiting first blood. :D
THIS. i really want to destroy people. like hopefully completely embarass at least one or two people.

wouldn't be carcassonne without a carcass. ain't no joke son

Grifter

yeah, blame luck, scroob. i've heading back from my carcave now, been training in darkness save for a crack to let in the 3g signal. my fingers are so dexterous that i rotate tiles manually.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Karud said:
If your cards are complete shit, you will lose, no matter how bad your opponent is. Been there.
Not if you also have the psychological edge. That's really been a huge breakthrough for me is just exploring the psychological dimension and the mind games that you can use to turn around even the most dire situations.

Grifter

tourney winner should call the shots ongoing. transfers thread ownership, maintains community, and greets/adds new players.

gotee12

DukeSucks said:
yeah, please don't ban me from the thread :lol
You don't have to worry. He was directing that towards me...
lol
And my game has started. In fact, I see that it's now my turn...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DukeSucks said:
minsc and I have started ours, I have an early 8-0 lead lol
Ouch, devastating. Don't forget you still have another match after you lose Minsc!

In fact, to those not familiar I should explain that double-elimination basically means you can lose once (even in the first round) and still win the entire thing. You can see how this works on the bracket.

gotee12

Aw crap it all. I hate it when my thumb accidentally touches the screen and I effectively throw away a move. Then again if I wasn't playing while driving, that may not have happened...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gotee12 said:
Aw crap it all. I hate it when my thumb accidentally touches the screen and I effectively throw away a move. Then again if I wasn't playing while driving, that may not have happened...
:lol yes this will definitely happen many times. Even more fun in a tournament atmosphere!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ALERT: Ri'orius has been added. Accidentally left him off even though he signed up.

AirBrian you have a first-round match now -- yay!

Grifter

Even in bracketology AB gets screwed!

AstroLad said:
Tourney winner gets several beautiful REAL LIFE carcassonne tiles. That is prize enough. (USA ONLY)
I'd argue that being USA is prize enough for most tourneys, but for Carc, winner really oughta get credit for the board game thread on top of tiles.

Jonnyram

Jonnyram 118 - swoon 90

4995032830_3a57949ff3.jpg

Top Bottom