• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
seems like the timing thing is an issue with a couple people (fewer than i expected actually). if you can't play your game by sunday, let me know now so i can remove you and maybe get someone to fill in or we can at least just move on.

Remaining qualifiers:
kennah
mehdi_san
(timing)

Grifter
FoxHoundNL
(timing)

Beer Monkey
gotee12
(haven't heard)

Just picked this up. Very cool game, but I'm terrible. Still getting the hang of it. Feel free to PM me if you want me to add you to my friends list or vice versa.

Minsc said:
cmatcht1r1.jpg

That was close! Great game, not sure if I ever thought I was kicking your ass though! I thought the fields would put me way over where they did (I still don't quite understand how they score), turned out it was just getting that one city that saved me :)
I don't think I have added you yet. I'll send a PM now for your email.

gotee12

AstroLad said:
Beer Monkey
gotee12
(haven't heard)
We're playing. Got about 21 moves left. And from the looks of things, this is going to hurt me, bad. As in "butt of all future jokes made in this thread" bad...

evanylee

Been playing a few games-got the same damn piece 5 times in a row. All I could do was make a curvy road. Feel free to PM me for my email address

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
evanylee said:
Been playing a few games-got the same damn piece 5 times in a row. All I could do was make a curvy road. Feel free to PM me for my email address
pm me your email and i'll add you

gotee12 said:
We're playing. Got about 21 moves left. And from the looks of things, this is going to hurt me, bad. As in "butt of all future jokes made in this thread" bad...

Like many Carcassonne games, it was closer than the final score reflects. Good game.

On the timing thing, I did have a problem on my jailbroken iPhone over a non-AT&T network and now I only play Carcassonne via wi-fi on my iPod and everything is great.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright guys, 24 hours left to play these last two games:
kennah
mehdi_san
(timing)

Grifter
FoxHoundNL
(timing)

If it's still a timing issue, I'll probably just let the U.S. person through since that issue would otherwise likely remain; also I am very nationalistic. So let me know, otherwise I'll just DQ both which I REALLY don't want to do.

Also don't forget you can play all your next-round matches now too, including loser's bracket. Deadline for this next round is Wednesday at 9 PM EST.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
For the new page:
Tournament Rules

-Tournament is double elimination, meaning you play until you lose in two rounds. So don't leave after you lose your first game.

-Each round consists of one 2P game against your opponent. The bracket can be found here: http://challonge.com/neogafcarc

-Winner post scores in the following format: [Winner & Score] - [Loser & Score]
AstroLad 170 - AirBrian 37
Feel free to post screenshots or anything of note as well of course, and I'll attach the screenshot link to the Challonge score.

-Deadline for 1st Round (round after Preliminaries) and first Loser's Bracket Round (AirBrian) is Wednesday September 22 at 9 PM EST. People with unplayed games will be booted from the tournament.

-Deadlines for successive rounds will continue on the Sunday/Wednesday schedule.

-You can play a game "ahead of time" provided that you have the matchup (for example, you can play your next round game or your loser's bracket if you already have an opponent.

-If you don't already have your opponent on your list, PM him your email. Either person can send the game invite, and once the game has started if there are duplicate invites, the other can just be rejected.

-Provided we make it all the way through to the finals, winner (or the top USA finisher) receives a set of tiles for Carcassonne: The Cult, a small expansion to the base (physical) game (USA shipping addresses only).[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to start the next game. Looser's bracket but heck!

Also, every new player coming in here, feel free to add me for as many games as you want :D

Ri'Orius

attractivetb emerged victorious, although it was close: if the last two tiles had come out the other way, I think I'd've tied him.

This puts me in the losers' bracket against Bioshocked. Check your PMs for my email. I thirst for redemption!

attractivetb

Neo Member
Ri'Orius said:
attractivetb emerged victorious, although it was close: if the last two tiles had come out the other way, I think I'd've tied him.

This puts me in the losers' bracket against Bioshocked. Check your PMs for my email. I thirst for redemption!

It was a fantastic game. never played one so close. Came down to a coinflip at the end.

Well played!

DukeSucks

I just somehow beat jonnyram in the losers bracket. I think it was 103-92, tried to take a screenshot and I accidentally closed the app and it was gone when I reentered it. I noticed his fields too late, tried to join them and thought it was over when he blocked me.

Also, that was my last game I have going on. Is anyone up for some non-tourney games?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
well i'll just advance you then grifter. vs czartim

all the next round matchups are set

games left to be played by wednesday:
airbrian
lugnut

19kilo
beer monkey

czartim
grifter

echoes
mehdi

Slacker
suikodan

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hm i already removed foxhound from the bracket but i guess we can figure out some way even though it won't let me re-enter him

CzarTim

xJ0hYl.jpg

Grifter 103 - CzarTim 90

GG. Got horrible pieces at the start and could never quite come back from that. Plus you had that mega city. :lol

Grifter

GG! Was playing on and off cuz I was watching football. Weird distribution where I'd complain about the shuffling in a real board. You got all the closing pieces near the end but had trolled away all your meeples. :lol

BTW, final score on my first game was 149-91, me.

I thought my city and fields would be a lot more then they were actually worth.

I guess this means I'm the first one eliminated from the tournament. :lol

Jonnyram

Here's the screenshot of DukeSucks owning me if you want to attach it to the bracket site:
5008799922_485b4bf16a.jpg

I should have taken one of the board too - I believe I'd originally started the city, then he tried to steal it, made it bigger, added a couple more meeple so I couldn't steal it back, and it only needed like 1 or 2 pieces to complete, then I buggered it up. Unfortunately, it was too far into the game for me to make the most of his lack of meeple, but the end result was closer than I expected.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
4 games left in this round

Games to be played by Wednesday night:
Slacker
suikodan

Echoes
mehdi

19kilo
beer monkey

lugnut74
airbrian

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bahaha. I don't even know if that's ever happened to me (for the win at least).

AB'd!

Yes, play again! I'd just advance the both of you since we lost one player but unfortunately I deleted him and the bracketmaker won't let me swap in anyone.

Slacker

AstroLad said:
Alright folks deadline's tomorrow night:
Slacker
suikodan
16 tiles left; I'm getting smoked. I've gotten terrible tiles so far. :( (not that I'm a pwner with in any situation)

Top Bottom