• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Ok, just lost my second game lol

Almost though i was going to win lol

Will post screenshot, cantnow because im on my iphone lol

Edit: CzarTim great game!

CzarTim

wWnG3l.jpg

CzarTim 126 - ChackanKun 100

Good game, man. I got lucky with churches.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
deadline tonight. if we get too many people disappearing i'm not going to bother finishing it b/c it's annoying chasing people around and it's not really much of a tournament if we lose a lot of people. hopefully won't come to that

Echoes
mehdi

19kilo
beer monkey

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nice work y'all. So besides AirBrian and Lugnut (who are replaying b/c of a tie) only game left in the round that ends today is Echoes and mehdi. Anyone see them around? Neither has posted here in a while afaicr.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
mehdi_san said:
I'm sorry I didn't post more often. I try to play as often as I can, I am waiting for echoes' turn right now.
Cool just wanna know you guys are around is all. I've run probably 15 GAF tournaments/leagues over the years and I always find that the "bad" ones are when a couple people disappear at a time and then before you know it nobody's even paying attention anymore. Want to make sure to avoid that here for my beloved Carc.

Bracket is updated btw:
http://challonge.com/neogafcarc

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
Nice work y'all. So besides AirBrian and Lugnut (who are replaying b/c of a tie) only game left in the round that ends today is Echoes and mehdi. Anyone see them around? Neither has posted here in a while afaicr.
Our game is going. I think we're around ~35 tiles left. Hopefully it'll get finished later today or tomorrow.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AstroLad 117 - Grifter 64

Amazing game Griff. All centered around that City of Death (pictured below), which at one point you were literally your next tile away from completing, and you were pretty much one tile away from completing for about 10-20 turns. One of those games where final score doesn't even come close to telling the whole story. Beyond the City of Death dramatics, you also had two men hemmed in but were unable to draw the three-way intersection needed to get them out (which, of course, turned out to be the very last piece).

fdhjc4.jpg

GL maybe we shall meet again.

Grifter

GG! I thought I was rolling, then you got like 3 meeples back and cities finished in 3 turns and I was going to finish the city while you were "distracted" but never caught the break even tho I made sure there were plenty of closing pieces available to me before embarking. I was saving a meeple for the last cloister for several turns, finally gave up and used the meeple, and of course the cloister comes immediately after.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Beer Monkey said:
It was great, looking forward to more games and more tourneys.
don't forget you still have at least one more game here

looking forward to the winner of 19k/karud. murderer's row here between griff, karud & 19k

mehdi_san

I've been trying hard to play as many moves as possible when I see that echoes is online, but seriously he just plays a couple of moves and leaves for hours :( I'm not sure he's in the US, he's wake up/sleep time seem different.
17 tiles remaining now.

AirBrian

AirBrian - 116
Brian - 99

Damn close game. It was actually decided in the last 5 tiles or so. Lugnut was ahead (after closing a large city of his own) and I needed three end caps to finish two large cities (both of 20+ points). I was lucky as hell and pulled all three end caps to close out both large cities.

Great game, Lugnut!

LugNut74

AirBrian said:
AirBrian - 116
Brian - 99

Damn close game. It was actually decided in the last 5 tiles or so. Lugnut was ahead (after closing a large city of his own) and I needed three end caps to finish two large cities (both of 20+ points). I was lucky as hell and pulled all three end caps to close out both large cities.

Great game, Lugnut!
Yep good game. Thought I had ya but you got the pieces at the end.

Karud

Just finished my second round game with 19kilo, it was very close at the end.

Karud (97) - 19Kilo (93)

And here's the screenshot:

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AstroLad 121 - karud 103

Good game man; you really fought your way back after having three mans in that death trap to the point where at several points I thought you were going to hang on despite that disadvantage and snatch it away. Maybe we shall might again! Though I hope I only have to beat you and grifter once can't handle any more than that. :p

mEfI8.png

bring it on slow side of the bracket

AirBrian

AirBrian - 118
centracore - 107

Great game, man! For once the Fields actually won it for me! I thought you had it until I was able to get that third Meeple on the big Field.

centracore

AirBrian said:
AirBrian - 118
centracore - 107

Great game, man! For once the Fields actually won it for me! I thought you had it until I was able to get that third Meeple on the big Field.

Awesome game AirBrain, very close indeed! I guess that means I'm out of the tournament but just want to thank AstroLad for putting it all together, it's been a lot of fun and I hope there will be some more in the future.

AirBrian

Yeah, great game! After you got the piece to steal my last large city, I knew the odds were against me unless I lucked out on the remaining few tiles. Good luck the rest of the way!

KramerI'mOut.gif

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yep bracket just updated

Next round's games (due by Sunday):
joeyjoejoeshabadoo vs. mehdi

beermonkey vs. kennah
gotee12 vs. echoes
minsc vs. swoon

http://challonge.com/images/brackets/neogafcarc.png

nice work y'all we've only had one drop and that person didn't even bail it was just a timing issue.
Awesome game AirBrain, very close indeed! I guess that means I'm out of the tournament but just want to thank AstroLad for putting it all together, it's been a lot of fun and I hope there will be some more in the future.
Pleasure! As long as people are getting games in and we're progressing I'm more than happy to do it.

Would be nice if we had dev support like the Fruit Ninja guys offered to do for a FN tournament but sometimes you just gotta do it for the love of the game, and not all the glitz and glamour.

One thing we do need to do is play more non-tournament games. My number of ongoing games has gotten dangerously low.

LugNut74

I to would like to thank AstroLad for putting on this tournament.  Even though I am now out of the tourney I had a blast.  Hopefully well have more tourneys like this in the future.  Good luck to everyone left in the field.

centracore

AstroLad said:
One thing we do need to do is play more non-tournament games. My number of ongoing games has gotten dangerously low.
Agreed, I would definitely be up for some GAF games if someone wants to start them up! I know I wasn't a choice person to play with when the game first came out as I could only take my turns a couple times a day, but thanks to iPhone 4 I can pretty much play anytime, anywhere. :D

Karud

If someone is available, please invite me to some games.
I'm down to one (!) game which I probably lose pretty high. -.-

The game's online structure is perfect for having lot's of on going multiplayer games! Really awesome!

And also, thanks Astrolad! Prolly wouldn't even know this game if it weren't for you!

Now get together a tournament of Fruits Ninja :p

suikodan

czartim said:
orGVBl.jpg

CzarTim 105 - Suikodan 96

Good game, man! Sorry I kept stealing your shit! :D
You don't say! My gf was tired of hearing me screaming things like Oh no! He's trying to steal ANOTHER thing that I'm building. Hehe.

mehdi_san

Wow I just finished a really great game with joeyjoejoeshabadoo. We were fighting over the same field until almost the end.
mehdi_san : 58
joeyjoejoeshabadoo : 47

mehdi_san said:
Wow I just finished a really great game with joeyjoejoeshabadoo. We were fighting over the same field until almost the end.
mehdi_san : 58
joeyjoejoeshabadoo : 47
I think my mistake was I focused too much on that field and ended tying up way too many meeples to do so.

kennah

Beer monkey and I are battling away. Pretty close game so far but I'm scared of his cloisters and aggressive farming.

Always up for non tourney games! Let's have some with five players! kennah at me dot com

attractivetb

Neo Member
BlT00.png

Managed to win the weirdest game I've ever played. We were even in the midgame, then I got about 5 perfect pieces in a row, and "X"'ed out some key squares, so Mehdi couldn't place any more followers for the rest of the match.

If this was Starcraft 2, I'd call it a Cheesy victory.

GG Medhi!

mehdi_san

attractivetb said:
http://imgur.com/BlT00.png[IMG]

Managed to win the weirdest game I've ever played. We were even in the midgame, then I got about 5 perfect pieces in a row, and "X"'ed out some key squares, so Mehdi couldn't place any more followers for the rest of the match.

If this was Starcraft 2, I'd call it a Cheesy victory.

GG Medhi![/QUOTE]
That was a great game indeed :)
Bring on the losers' bracket!!

Top Bottom