• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

DukeSucks

Hm, that's weird. I only have 50 msgs (no hate mail :) ). I sent you a PM though.

I'm in Charlotte for a few days of meetings. Should be able to knock out my turns in the morning and night, but if we don't get done on time, he can go through.

AirBrian

The lack of non-tourney games is disappointing...

AstroLad said:
damn that's hardcore i have 650 msgs and i'm not full
650? Huh, I wonder at what point you get bumped up? I only have a 500 max.

Jonnyram

Wonder when that elusive iPad version is gonna come out.
Need some new tile sets to start mixing up games here and there.
Starting to get frustrated as fuck when my opponents get EVERY SINGLE CHURCH IN THE GAME :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg tb. i was due for an absolutely horrible set of tile draws and there it was. i'll catch you again if i win another

attractivetb

Neo Member
AstroLad said:
gg tb. i was due for an absolutely horrible set of tile draws and there it was. i'll catch you again if i win another

GG man...I felt like I got nothing good in the first half, but everything good came to me in the second half (when it matters!) GL in your next game.

edit: - Looks like we're both in for quite a wait now!!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah midgame cloisters are super overrated. i'd rather get a road-end piece tbh. those completely fucked me over for the end and pretty much cost me the game.

oh

attractivetb 117 astrolad 108

Grifter

AirBrian said:
The lack of non-tourney games is disappointing...

650? Huh, I wonder at what point you get bumped up? I only have a 500 max.
Sorry for sending a "BOOYAH!" every time you get screwed.

Now let's get some more games going!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
maybe a good way to get some games going is we do a little 4p tourney. 16 people, top 2 in each advance to next round, then top 2 to final. no deadlines no prizes!

1. AstroLad
2. czartim
3. AirBrian
4. Grifter
5. kennah
6. Karud
7. centracore
8. attractivetb
9. DukeSucks
10. Jonnyram

Karud

AstroLad said:
yeah midgame cloisters are super overrated. i'd rather get a road-end piece tbh. those completely fucked me over for the end and pretty much cost me the game.

oh

attractivetb 117 astrolad 108

Aha...

wait! What?!

PS.: Please put me in the small tournament as well!

Ri'Orius

Put me in the 4p? Although it seems like 4-player would have worse scheduling issues...

EDIT: Speaking of which, Slacker and I have started, but haven't made much progress. He said he'll be on tonight so we can finish, so hopefully that pans out...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ri'Orius said:
Put me in the 4p? Although it seems like 4-player would have worse scheduling issues...

EDIT: Speaking of which, Slacker and I have started, but haven't made much progress. He said he'll be on tonight so we can finish, so hopefully that pans out...
but we play random 4p-5p games all the time :lol

unless being in a tourney somehow makes people less diligent about playing (which certainly isn't the case here but which i could fairly say about some other tourneys/leagues i've run)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ok that was officially the fastest 4p game ever

dirtbag: btw, play is asynchronous. so you can join and just play at your leisure. some games take a week+. you get push notifications and you can check all your ongoing games from the pause menu. clear badge=someone took a turn. green badge=your turn. pause doesn't actually "pause" anything, games go on when you're away and then just notify you when it's your turn

Dirtbag

AstroLad said:
ok that was officially the fastest 4p game ever

dirtbag: btw, play is asynchronous. so you can join and just play at your leisure. some games take a week+. you get push notifications and you can check all your ongoing games from the pause menu. clear badge=someone took a turn. green badge=your turn. pause doesn't actually "pause" anything, games go on when you're away and then just notify you when it's your turn

Oh I gotcha

Jonnyram

Everytime I start to feel down about Carc., along comes a game where I think, "Wow, this game is close to perfection!"
Just had one such game against DukeSucks and Minsc. I put way too much effort into farms (by accident, I may add), DukeSucks got hella lucky on cloisters (see previous post), and somehow the game was crazy close. 70-68-63 in the end.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
going to change the new "tournament" to 5p since we seem to have a nice round 10.

here are the matchups; i made it so there's an even distribution of ELOs although this is 5p so let's be honest it's all luck anyway :lol.

top 2 advance from each then next-highest score:

Group 1
AstroLad
DukeSucks
Karud
attractivetb
kennah

Group 2
Grifter
centracore
czartim
AirBrian
Jonnyram

I'll start game 1; griff can you start game 2? I just need to add kennah to my friend list.

Minsc

Gold Member
Won against gotee12 (gg), 130-102.

That 3-way game I felt like I had the worst luck (maybe just played poorly and made some careless moves), but the nature of the game is you never know how it will end up!

gotee12

Minsc said:
...but the nature of the game is you never know how it will end up!
You're telling me. I could've gotten another 27 points there in the last three moves if the pieces would've fallen differently. Then again with all the mistakes I had made, I didn't deserve to win that one anyway. Gg man!

Heeh didnt came in time for that tournament!

But on the otherside I won my first game lol:

47551d7e.jpg

Top Bottom