• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

DukeSucks

we have 19 tiles left. I'm sure we can finish it up tomorrow since we got a lot knocked out today, but if you want to stick to the schedule I'm ok with him advancing since my PMs caused us to start late (plus I think he's going to win anyway :lol )

Ri'Orius

AstroLad said:
congrats!

beermonkey
dukesucks

slacker
ri'orius

you guys close to finishing up?

http://challonge.com/images/brackets/neogafcarc.png

Slacker and I aren't. We've played eight tiles between us over the last few days. If we ever get a chance to be on at the same time, we could maybe knock this out quickly, but considering our track record that seems unlikely (especially since I'm busy all day Friday and most of the day Thursday).

Jonnyram

Had an awesomely close match with DukeSucks and Minsc yesterday.

End score was:
DukeSucks 70
JonnyRam 68
Minsc 63

DukeSucks rocked the cloisters, I rocked the farms, and Minsc rocked the cities. About half the points were allotted at the close of play.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ri'Orius said:
Slacker and I aren't. We've played eight tiles between us over the last few days. If we ever get a chance to be on at the same time, we could maybe knock this out quickly, but considering our track record that seems unlikely (especially since I'm busy all day Friday and most of the day Thursday).
ok might just knock you both out then since it doesn't seem like there's much of a reasonable expectation it gets done anytime soon

these are the current games on the menu, due Sunday:

19kilo
minsc

Grifter
?

joey
beermonkey/dukesucks

DukeSucks

You too. That was the most intense game I've played.

I've also noticed that we've all become a lot more aggressive when it comes to fighting over fields and cities from when this thread started. Makes for some interesting games :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gaaaah it's been a long time since i had a color mix-up

nobody use green god damn it! there's like a couple other colors!

CzarTim

DukeSucks said:
You too. That was the most intense game I've played.

I've also noticed that we've all become a lot more aggressive when it comes to fighting over fields and cities from when this thread started. Makes for some interesting games :lol
That's true! It was pretty silly to go balls out for them early in the game.

Actually, I've noticed everyone plays a bit better now.

AirBrian

czartim said:
That's true! It was pretty silly to go balls out for them early in the game.

Actually, I've noticed everyone plays a bit better now.
I was actually going to make a post about that. I've noticed a lot more aggressiveness (myself included!) in our matches lately. I bet that our collective ELO has gone up significantly over the past month or so more than the average increase. Heh, if it was something that we wanted to track, we could make a Google docs spreadsheet and update our ELO on the same day every week (or month, or bi-weekly, etc.).

So, how exactly do fields work when more than one person has a piece on the same field? How is it decided who gets the points?

Jonnyram

Bioshocked said:
So, how exactly do fields work when more than one person has a piece on the same field? How is it decided who gets the points?
Same as anything else. The person with the most meeples on a contiguous piece of field, gets 3pts for every completed city that is in/around/touching that field. If there are two players with the same number of meeples, they both get the full points.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
what's going on with the main tournament. are people still playing?

we were so close to finishing. so close!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
riorius slacker don't know if either of you are still reading the thread but you might as well finish up if you are able.

soldat7

I'm a possibility, but I'm a very busy guy. Hopefully I can squeeze in a game or two (I'm not that great though): soldat7

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tobor said:
Thanks for finally getting me to play, Astrolad. :D
WORD. Best game on the 'Phone.

soldat you can pm me your email and i'll add you to my friends list. unfortunately can only add via email not username

soldat7

AstroLad said:
WORD. Best game on the 'Phone.

soldat you can pm me your email and i'll add you to my friends list. unfortunately can only add via email not username

K. I'm ready for the whoopin'. How else will I get better though, right? ;)

Minsc

Gold Member
minsc_19kilo-10-3-10.jpg

I took one and was just being lazy, here's the recap.

Slacker

AstroLad said:
riorius slacker don't know if either of you are still reading the thread but you might as well finish up if you are able.
I'm still checking in here. I'll be on most of the day RiOrius if you can make some moves, holmes. :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Slacker said:
I'm still checking in here. I'll be on most of the day RiOrius if you can make some moves, holmes. :)
i booted you guys just yesterday! :lol you're out of the family!

czar we're still waiting on our game. time to get my bootin boots on again....

Jonnyram

That was a tough game. First in a while where I haven't been red, so I kept confusing myself :(
Also, whattaheck at that joint city you two made together. Are you in cahoots or something? :p

AirBrian

GG, fellas. Yeah, I went for the city and got screwed. <insert Eeyore pic here>

It was definitely a more well-played 5-player match though!

Anyone get a screen grab?

Slacker

AstroLad said:
i booted you guys just yesterday! :lol you're out of the family!

czar we're still waiting on our game. time to get my bootin boots on again....
Then we play for HONOR! :lol

CzarTim

:lol :lol

I'm usually purple, so I thought he was stealing my city when I was actually stealing his. I went all in.

Top Bottom