• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

TechSamurai

Neo Member
I have had Carc for a while now, but I have only played a few (local) games, and I am still figuring it all out.

Username: TechSamurai

pm me for email address.

Remy

Yeah, I think I finally need some Carc friends as well. But my email is on my website, which is in my profile, so while you're more than welcome to PM me for it, it's not hard to find.

Username is Remy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Got a whole bunch of new games going with new people and regulars. If I missed you and you want in on some action let me know.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think you register at the start or something . . . been a while.

pm me your email though once you know what it is

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
PROTIPS FOR NEW CARC PLAYERS
-You can play an unlimited amount of friend games at one time.

-All friend games are asynchronous so whenever it's your turn you'll get a notification or you can go to the games menu to see the badges so you know where your game is at.

-To get to the Games menu from the home screen go to Normal Game --> Resume Game.

-To get to the Games menu from a game hit the Gear icon then Pause (this doesn't actually "pause" anything since the games are always "paused" in the sense that they are asynchronous; it just takes you to the menu).

-The games menu will show you both your current invitations (sent & received) and your current games.

-Received Invitations: To join a game, simply click on it under your invitations. You can then "reject" the invite if you wish or just stay there and wait for it to start otherwise (you don't actually have to literally wait there -- ASYNCHRONOUS!)

-Sending Invitations: Normal Game --> Internet --> Play with Friends. Add via either email or from your current friends list. Note that you need an email address to add someone and can't just add by username. Note also you can start a game before everyone has arrived if you don't want to wait. It will just kick them out of the game.

-Badges: There are little badges next to each game. The wood-colored one means new activity such as a turn or someone joining. The green one means it's your turn.

-Notifications: You should also get alerts even out of game when it is your turn or when you've been invited (but check the Games menu periodically just in case).

-Internet Quickplay: Been a while but I'm pretty sure this is still 2p-only and not asynchronous. Friends is pretty much the way to go unless you want the more hardcore competition.

-Rules: If you need a refresher here is the pretty Rio Grande manual: http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_48_gameRules.pdf.

EDIT:
-Timing: Play games at your leisure. Some games take a day, some take a week. Try to get in at least a turn or two a day if you can but that's about it (the more turns the better though of course!)

-Chat: After other players have seen the final score and exited the game, they can no longer see the chat even if you still type in it.

Think that's most of the basics, let me know if you have any questions.

otmane

AstroLad said:
Got a whole bunch of new games going with new people and regulars. If I missed you and you want in on some action let me know.

If you want to start new games count me in, I don't have many games running right now...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Got like 12 games going -- just like the old days. Trying to get 4p games going as I consider that ideal from a fun perspective.

Brakara

Okay, now that I've played a game it's pretty awesome. Setting up one, on the other hand, is a nightmare. Appreciate the effort, AstroLad (and I'm always up for more).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Brakara said:
Okay, now that I've played a game it's pretty awesome. Setting up one, on the other hand, is a nightmare. Appreciate the effort, AstroLad (and I'm always up for more).
It's actually super easy once you have the friends list. Thankfully mine is 50+ at least 30 of whom are active :lol

edit: that was a fun game too; we all got into that big-ass field. me and rc213 had a barnburner also -- came down to a single point (which happens more often than you think)!

dejan

I'm playing my first two games right now, but I'm sure I can handle some more. My current friendslist is ... let's say managable and I'd like to change that. So if you want to earn some easy ELO points pm me your mail address or leave a post in this thread and I'll get back to you.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
there is no masterlist b/c you can't use usernames only emails (really silly as i've always said) you can pm me your email though and i'll add you to my list

AirBrian

Just caught up on PMs and sent out some invites as well. Sorry for the delayed response...I've been away from GAF to study for finals.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
whooa mama a nice even 250 netgames (edit 251 now :lol)

1kTH6.png

holy shit it even shows you all your breakdowns for netgames now

HskXr.png

TechSamurai

Neo Member
dejan said:
I've send a bunch of pms to you guys. Need more friends on my list like now. :)

I just did the same, my friends list on Carc and gamecenter are too empty...although I do like being in first place...

TechSamurai

Neo Member
Squirrel Killer said:
Ok, I'm an idiot, how do I set up an avatar image?

It is semi-hidden. Click on Internet (Under Normal Game), then click on the gear next to your name, edit, then click on the (blank) avatar.

Gazunta

I bought this game, I have no idea WTF the rules or even why I bought it but I want to play with some GAF folk! My email is (Gafusername)@(gafusername).com OH NO NOW I WILL GET SPAM OH DEAR pfft

Karud

Gazunta said:
I bought this game, I have no idea WTF the rules or even why I bought it but I want to play with some GAF folk! My email is (Gafusername)@(gafusername).com OH NO NOW I WILL GET SPAM OH DEAR pfft

I can recommend the in-app tutorial for startes. It's pretty good!

@ 2.0 + app

Beautyful. An glad they finally released it.

Edit: lol
I have an ongoing game with "Brian", which we play since 10 weeks and 3 days. :D
Just one card now and then.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
A reminder/rule for new players:

Points are awarded only to the players with the most followers in a feature. If there is a tie for the most followers in any given feature, all of the tied players are awarded the full number of points.

kennah

I've only played 25 games? Man, gotta fix that - kennah@me.com

^^^^ Haha, best quote from my game with TouchMyBox (I didn't know he was new to the game) "Why didn't I get any points for that city!?"

Grifter

ditto for adding me (risottoball) if i'm missing. i'm culling my list of inactives.

mehdi_san said:
iPad version is so beautiful!!!!! Great update, it was worth the wait :lol
holy! the avatars are so clear now. is that you (and atb)? why's astro's avatar like a completely terrifying version of his gaf one? airbrian's is more incomprehensible than ever.

that about seals my getting an ipad 2g as a "gift" to the household.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i use chan for gaf and steam khaela everywhere else (which is like three places granted). i just find them comforting and peaceful

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Oh yeah, one other tidbit for newcomers: From the main menu tap the little letter icon in the bottom left and that will lead you to a news link which allows you to download the 8-bit Frank from the game The Incident. You can use him as a CPU character and he has neat little 8-bit tiles.

Grifter

i like those 8-bit tiles but when i hand my phone off to people for 1p games (and coerce them into playing frank), everyone else has complained that his tiles screw them up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I am getting so screwed on city pieces it's not even funny. Think I've gotten 80% road draws. Then I need literally one of 8 available city pieces and get 0. Finished last in like 3 out of my last 5 multi games. :lol

I QUIT FUCK THIS SHIT IM GONNA GO PLAY ANGRY BIRDS

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol the funny thing is it happens once every couple months and it takes me like a 30-5 run to make up for a handful of 4p losses. that's why i stopped worrying about ELO some time ago though ironically went on a pretty decent run since

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wow, so i went to bad last night at 4 AM eastern, took my turns, wake up this morning at 10 eastern and it's my turn in like 10 games.

you guys are maniacs . . . MANIACS!

Hey folks, feel free to PM me and I'll add you to my friends list. Haven't played this game in months but wouldn't mind getting back in. Man I wish they updated their friend system...

Jonnyram

AstroLad said:
:lol the funny thing is it happens once every couple months and it takes me like a 30-5 run to make up for a handful of 4p losses. that's why i stopped worrying about ELO some time ago though ironically went on a pretty decent run since
Yeah, 4 player games can be evil... I don't get invited to many though, because of my timezone :/

Top Bottom