• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Jonnyram

If anyone starts a new game up soon, please invite me. I've only got 3 games open and 2 haven't moved for a fortnight :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jonnyram said:
If anyone starts a new game up soon, please invite me. I've only got 3 games open and 2 haven't moved for a fortnight :/
Partially my fault! We're moving all week so I haven't had time for anything. Also we got sideswiped by a hit-and-run driver yesterday of all things. :lol

Everything should be back to normal come this weekend.

Grifter

AstroLad said:
Partially my fault! We're moving all week so I haven't had time for anything. Also we got sideswiped by a hit-and-run driver yesterday of all things. :lol

Everything should be back to normal come this weekend.
Sorry to hear, how bad's the damage?

Slow games are great for me now. Spent Halloween on a trip and got sick so I'm in and out of consciousness.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Amazingly it wasn't that bad. We were going through an intersection and some nutjob decides to swerve over into oncoming traffic. Luckily my wife swerved out of the way so the only damage was the side mirror getting totally smashed and the rear quarter panel getting scratched and dented. Having to wait for the cops for like an hour was probably the worst part.

pilonv1

Jonnyram said:

They're the same two I'm in aren't they? I only have 4 games at the moment and one is about to end :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ok I'm back!

If anyone wants to get in on some gaming PM me your email. If anyone wants to be invited to a new game at the moment just post!

otmane

AstroLad said:
Ok I'm back!

If anyone wants to get in on some gaming PM me your email. If anyone wants to be invited to a new game at the moment just post!

I'm getting really bored at work... I'm in!

centracore

I'm going to make a GAF Carcassonne master list that can be PM'd to any newcomers to the game, as well as anyone else playing whose friend list needs some updating. The list will be kept completely private and sent only via PM to GAF Carcassonne players. This should help increase the number of games being played too, as more people on yours friend list = more people to play against!

If you want to be included on it, PM me your email address used for Carcassonne and I'll add you to it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey dudes not going to be able to take turns this week b/c I'll be at BGG.Con playing lots of board games. :D

attractivetb

Neo Member
Grifter owned me hard in game 1.

I think the final score was 100 - 66 (or so.) This score was flattering to me as I was outplayed from the first minute.

GG.

The game to decide it all starts now!

AirBrian

Jonnyram said:
Man, is it me or is noone playing this anymore? :(
They need to step up and put some expansions in the game.
Definitely still playing this!

That said, some expansions would be nice!

Jonnyram said:

Hey dude, wanna get some games going? Invite me! I'm always playing this sucker ;)

chackan at otherworld dot eu

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jonnyram said:
:lol I haven't had a chance to play almost any games the past two weeks. (Although in fairness I spent almost all of last week at a board-game convention.) Carc is still my #1 though! I do agree they need to spice things up with the next update. Then again they still haven't even released the iPad update they promised from day one. Not sure what's going on over there.

AirBrian said:
Just finished up some good games! SK, that was a nice little win there.
Thanks, I thought I was done when I didn't get that four sided city tile, but I guess my desperate late game spamming of meeples wherever I could fit them paid off! GG!

attractivetb

Neo Member
I just lost the finals of the big tourney to grifter. Really intense back and forth final game that came down to the wire - I don't recall the score...but he beat me by 6 or 8 points.

It was very exciting...and he is full credit for the win!

Well done!!!

Jonnyram

Karud said:
I hope the iPad edition will be released soon. I really hope they only waited for iOS 4 to be released.
They tweeted in some replies to people that the iPad version will be out in December and they'll work on adding GC after that. Slow progress :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah our games usually take at least a couple days. Much longer with my recent globetrotting!

Oh congrats Griff! PM me your info and I'll send you THE GRAND PRIZE

Grifter

attractivetb said:
I just lost the finals of the big tourney to grifter. Really intense back and forth final game that came down to the wire - I don't recall the score...but he beat me by 6 or 8 points.

It was very exciting...and he is full credit for the win!

Well done!!!
Again, sorry for the slow moves. I had a hectic work/travel/family schedule and often couldn't get a connection when I did get a breather.

As for the game, I still don't know how I won, really. You had half my meeples trapped half way through but couldn't get your pieces so it came down to who got that last cloister tile. You deserved to win and would've if you got the city-closing tiles in that mid-game stretch.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
got this month's spielbox in the mail and it has a pretty bad-ass-looking carc expansion in it called "the plague." here's hoping they mess up and send me two copies like they did last month so i can offer the second one as a prize :D

Grifter

AstroLad said:
got this month's spielbox in the mail and it has a pretty bad-ass-looking carc expansion in it called "the plague." here's hoping they mess up and send me two copies like they did last month so i can offer the second one as a prize :D

is that a mailing of BG expansions? sounds like you need a prize for, I dunno, 5p tourney winners. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Grifter said:
is that a mailing of BG expansions? sounds like you need a prize for, I dunno, 5p tourney winners. :D
It's a German boardgame magazine (English translated version) that often has little mini-expansions for popular games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The translation isn't always the best but it's a good magazine considering that it has a nice amount of content and the freebies.

Top Bottom