• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jonnyram said:
Yeah, 4 player games can be evil... I don't get invited to many though, because of my timezone :/
5P games are even worse! Gotta take the good with the bad though that's a big part of the fun.

eznark

Banned
I have no idea how to play games with more than 2 people. I've plauyed 2p a lot with my wife so I have some idea but man, you guys blocking cities left and right...ruthless!

Karud

One question:
I just deleted some open games (which I played on the iPad) from the iPhone. Because they didn't started to replay the game when selected. It told me that I will automatically lose, but in my special case it won't, it's just dead data, right?

Jonnyram

Karud said:
One question:
I just deleted some open games (which I played on the iPad) from the iPhone. Because they didn't started to replay the game when selected. It told me that I will automatically lose, but in my special case it won't, it's just dead data, right?
Pretty sure you will lose. Just leave it on there - it gets updated anyway.

Edit: you can delete the one where you are playing against me and Minsc, go ahead ;)

Karud

Jonnyram said:
Pretty sure you will lose. Just leave it on there - it gets updated anyway.

Edit: you can delete the one where you are playing against me and Minsc, go ahead ;)

:D

Those games were last updated in september, btw.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anastacio said:
I'm thinking of buying this for the iPad, can I play multiplayer locally on one iPad as well?
I'll go online as well eventually.
Yes, you can play local multi up to 5 with any mix of human and CPU players.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
eznark said:
I have no idea how to play games with more than 2 people. I've plauyed 2p a lot with my wife so I have some idea but man, you guys blocking cities left and right...ruthless!
Yeah it can be pretty funny. That's the fun thing about 4p too is that sometimes you have to cooperate (well . . . some people do at least :p). I'd say the same about 5p but that is just chaos.

AirBrian

eznark said:
4-player games have the perfect mix of required ruthlessness and often required cooperation for the greater good. Although I will say, when it came time for the GAF tournament, it was mostly ruthlessness. :lol I find 3-player games to be of the more isolationism type, and 5-player games are just batshit insane. They're all fun though!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I was thinking of doing a 4P setup for the next tournament -- I have a few small board games I could put up as prizes -- but I know people would get way too pissed off at people screwing them up or backstabbing them :lol

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
Yeah I was thinking of doing a 4P setup for the next tournament -- I have a few small board games I could put up as prizes -- but I know people would get way too pissed off at people screwing them up or backstabbing them :lol
GAF knows drama.

Got a ton of responses and sent out a few game requests. Not sure how many I want to play at once. Also, I keep bizarre hours and spend much of the day away from the Internet, so I'll be a little sporadic. Thanks guys.

N Coward Parody said:
Hey folks, feel free to PM me and I'll add you to my friends list. Haven't played this game in months but wouldn't mind getting back in. Man I wish they updated their friend system...
Quoting myself for the new page. Bring it on!

DukeSucks

my games are running low, just sent some PMs some of you guys that I don't think I have as friends yet. If I missed anyone, send me a PM

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Duke I'll start one up.

Need two more new people to fill it up, whoever posts I'll send you the invite:

1. AstroLad
2. DukeSucks

Just want to make sure people are gettin their fill.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
eznark said:
Must have missed them. Is there a way to see the board after a game?
You can hit board on the menu (before you quit) but all the meeples are cleared. Yeah it would be nice if they kept final boards or at least kept the dudes on.

Grifter

Astro, how come that expansion's instructions show 6 pieces when you had 5?

Also, why does it turn the game into a nonstop farm/cloister fest?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Grifter said:
Astro, how come that expansion's instructions show 6 pieces when you had 5?

Also, why does it turn the game into a nonstop farm/cloister fest?
Because mine is the Spielbox edition, which came with 5. The Big Box edition came with 6. I put a quick note about that on the instructions I believe. I don't know as to your second question; never played with The Cult. The mini-expansions are generally not meant to be taken super-seriously though; more for fun and variety.

Karud

AstroLad said:
Shared!

I don't steal I share!

You steal, I'm pretty sure about that.
We shared the farm in the last game, then you decided to rip me off and stole it.

You Sir, are a liar!

Top Bottom