• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Jonnyram

attractivetb said:
Sorry, they need better invite notifications...I've taken several turns in my other games and didn't realize I had an invite waiting for me...

I'm in the game now!
Yeah, there needs to be a little envelope icon or something, if you have an outstanding invitation.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
POWERSPHERE said:
They really need game center invites
All they really need is username invites which I don't know why they never implemented. Oh well my friends list is at 50 now so reggienotmyproblem.gif

Aesthet1c

I finally bit the bullet and picked this up. I'm a total noob, but if anyone is up for some new player friendly games, PM me.

Also, can this be played at our own pace? I joined an online game and I had a timer for every turn. I thought this is one of the games you could play over the course of a few days and just take your turn when you are able to, but I haven't figured out how that works.

AirBrian

Aesthet1c said:
I finally bit the bullet and picked this up. I'm a total noob, but if anyone is up for some new player friendly games, PM me.

Also, can this be played at our own pace? I joined an online game and I had a timer for every turn. I thought this is one of the games you could play over the course of a few days and just take your turn when you are able to, but I haven't figured out how that works.
Welcome!

You do play at your own pace. I remember seeing an update line about the timer, but I've never seen it in game. I have the iPhone version though...maybe that makes a difference? I'd like to know this as well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AirBrian said:
Welcome!

You do play at your own pace. I remember seeing an update line about the timer, but I've never seen it in game. I have the iPhone version though...maybe that makes a difference? I'd like to know this as well.
In quickplay there's a timer.

Just play with friends/gaffers. No timer in those matches. PM me your email.

Aesthet1c

AirBrian said:
Welcome!

Thanks! I sent a PM to you and AstroLad. My version is iphone as well.. not sure if it matters.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Aesthet1c said:
Thanks! I sent a PM to you and AstroLad. My version is iphone as well.. not sure if it matters.
Nah it doesn't, it's just that quickplay w/ randoms is times and limited to 2 and friendplay is untimed and you can play 2-5.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ooh chat and notifications are nice and snappy now with this new update. No more hanging for a couple seconds (or getting your turns messed up).

Jonnyram

Just had a friend ragequit on me because I cockblocked his 2-meeple city less than a quarter into the game. Good times.

Karud

Brought the new update the score within the reduced players bar? If so: That's cool.
If not: Still preeetty cool.

Grifter

I just canceled that tourney game that mehdi broke and lost like 30 ELO. That's like 4 wins. Damn you mehdi!!! Did you get the points? :lol

mehdi_san

Grifter said:
I just canceled that tourney game that mehdi broke and lost like 30 ELO. That's like 4 wins. Damn you mehdi!!! Did you get the points? :lol
What?? Seriously? No I don't think I got any points, since the game is no longer in my list. I am really sorry about this. How's your tournament game?

Grifter

mehdi_san said:
What?? Seriously? No I don't think I got any points, since the game is no longer in my list. I am really sorry about this. How's your tournament game?

No worries, I like that it counts as a loss if you were to ragequit. Still in the 2p and 5p tourneys and still getting pressure from the wife about those prize tiles.:lol

CzarTim

Grifter 87 - CzarTim 74

Well, that's it for me then. I guess I can hold my head up knowing that Grifter was the only one who beat me all tournament. :D

Grifter

czartim said:
Grifter 87 - CzarTim 74

Well, that's it for me then. I guess I can hold my head up knowing that Grifter was the only one who beat me all tournament. :D
I won't pass along my matchup secrets. :lol GGs!

pilonv1

Jonnyram said:
Just had a friend ragequit on me because I cockblocked his 2-meeple city less than a quarter into the game. Good times.

That's my favourite tactic now. Have to reduce the number of meeple available early :)

Sure I usually end up losing but it's more fun than losing when you're trying to win.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
griff we're playing in the tournament right? inv me up
That's my favourite tactic now. Have to reduce the number of meeple available early :)

Sure I usually end up losing but it's more fun than losing when you're trying to win.
The "Evil" CPU players are actually pretty good at this too. They are total bastards.

pilonv1

I don't think I've even played the CPU.

I used to not go for X's on other peoples cities until someone did it too me first. Then it happened so much I turned heel and do it on everyone at any opportunity now.

I think I got someone in a game this week on the 8th or 9th turn.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Grats to Griff on taking the 5P-tournament final!

CVUtF.png

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Pologies to anyone I'm gaming with! Left my Touch in a conference room yesterday and may not have a chance to get it until later today or tomorrow.

So cancel your games and give me your sweet ELOs!

Karud

Time isn't issue. I'm playing a game with Brian which is going on since one month, or so.
One Tile every 48h hours is slowing down the process. :D

CzarTim

Jonnyram said:
Lots of tiny fields and lots of tiny cities make a game really hard to read :lol
Gutted I came in last.
Yeah, I kept trying to tally up who was going to win, but damn. Made my head hurt.

Top Bottom