• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Flynn

White Man said:
I wanna try this even though I have no idea how to play. How is the iPad version of Catan?

It is kinda ugly and not super intuitive but it works. The XBLA one is still the superior version.

CzarTim

I'm low too, invite me!

Also, I just got the Traders and Builders expansion pack and it's tons of fun. Adds a whole new dimension to the game. Hopefully they add it to the OSi version soon.

Grifter

Hey Astro, I sent your expansion recommendations to my wife as Xmas gift ideas and she defensively brushed them off and said she would do her own research if anything. Turns out she had bought both of them and was mad that it looked like she listened to you. How dare you!

Flunkie

Banned
I just got into the game. I'm still having trouble understanding some of the scoring aspects, but I'm having fun so I guess that's all that matters?

PM me for me email! I really want Game Center support soon.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Grifter said:
Hey Astro, I sent your expansion recommendations to my wife as Xmas gift ideas and she defensively brushed them off and said she would do her own research if anything. Turns out she had bought both of them and was mad that it looked like she listened to you. How dare you!
Great minds hahah. But yeah those two are far and away the best and really the only two "serious" ones (well unless you count some of the very small ones like The River).

Grifter

Having guests over tonight and ran into a small issue. Anyone play the Traders & Builders expansion?

Seems farm scoring differs on different editions of the game. My Traders & Builders instructions say the pig makes farms worth 5 instead of the standard 4. On one hand, 4 farm points per city seem ridiculous but on the other, the resources and bigger cities devalue the farm scoring.

Karud

Uhm? Farms should be worth 3 points per city and with the pig should get you 4 points per city.
There is only one way to score 5 points per city and that is when you play with the river 2 expansion. There is a tile with printed pigs on it which grants 4 points per city attached to this farm. Plus the pig on the same farm field it would be 5 points.

Edit:

I just compared the "Hans im Glück" and "Rio Grande" rules and there is a difference.
The English version grants five points per city which is attached to meeple and pig. The German version only 4.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pm me your email i'll start up a couple more games

soldat i sent you another invite just hit gear then pause to see all your games in case you don't know

soldat7

AstroLad said:
soldat i sent you another invite just hit gear then pause to see all your games in case you don't know

Good game AstroLad. I had a lot of fun 'sharing' my castles and farms with you. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ugh, people will do that sometimes to preserve their "precious" ratings.

Nah jk I think fifty's itouch crapped out on him so those games are on hold for now and slacker is well just a slacker sometimes :lol

Flunkie

Banned
Okay, because I'm late to the game and I don't want to take all that time to PM everybody..

jtpayne14 AT gmail DOT com

Add me, play with me. :)

AirBrian

Flunkie said:
Okay, because I'm late to the game and I don't want to take all that time to PM everybody..

jtpayne14 AT gmail DOT com

Add me, play with me. :)
Bah, just sent you a PM before reading the rest of the thread. Invite sent!

chris121580

Ok guys, grabbed this over lunch. Would love to get some games going with some of you. I'm new so go easy on me :lol My user name is GoHoosiers and e-mail is
chris121580 at g mail dot com

AirBrian

I don't think some of my new invites are going through...or they're going to junk/spam folders. New guys, be sure to check your junk/spam folders for invites.

eznark

Banned
YES! Won a 4 players. No coincidence AstroLad wasn't involved.

Need some games set up, feel free to invite me. (My email is my name so I'm not gonna post it here)

Top Bottom