• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cwmartin said:
Is this easy to hop into if I've never play carc before? Or is that asking for trouble?
(Also this is an extra-good time to get in because there are several other new players who are playing a lot, and the expansions are dropping in the next month or so hopefully.)

After a few week break from games, I'm jonesing for a few games. I'd start a new game myself, but my friends list is pretty thin. Feel free to add me for any upcoming games. Quote for my email address:

Squirrel Killer said:
After a few week break from games, I'm jonesing for a few games. I'd start a new game myself, but my friends list is pretty thin. Feel free to add me for any upcoming games. Quote for my email address:

Sent an invite to a game with other GAF folks.

KoolKing

Another update on the expansions from the Dev site:

http://blog.carcassonneapp.com/post/5448447493/after-another-long-period-of-radio-silence-were
We just sent an update to Apple that - as promised - brings Game Center support. It’s probably going to be available for download within a week. Carcassonne now has achievements, more leaderboards and it has become way easier to just play with your friends and invite them by using Game Center.

After the Game Center update, we now will concentrate on polishing the first two of the expansions we’re going to release. Namely “Inns and Cathedrals” and “The River II”. It will still take us a few months to make them as good as we want them to be, however.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nice, Game Center.

Bummer that the expansions probably won't come for many more months just based on history. But it's cool, still having tons of fun with the base game.

Grifter

is there a forgotten rivers i expansion? wife and i much prefer traders and builders but that's probably a year off at this rate. we always ask our friends what they prefer when we gather and they tend to pick inns and cathedrals after a game of each.

sorry guys, gonna be slow on my games through the weekend. got a guest staying over and demanding my attention.

Squirrel Killer said:
After a few week break from games, I'm jonesing for a few games. I'd start a new game myself, but my friends list is pretty thin. Feel free to add me for any upcoming games.

Sent a request, no response after 24+hours

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I understand it is a small team and everything, but it seems like there isn't that much work to port over expansions with all the infrastructure from the base game already in place. Wouldn't it be just artwork and rule changes?

I am sure I am just speaking out of naivety.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Squirrel Killer said:

added brah

quote for my email

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yaboosh said:
I understand it is a small team and everything, but it seems like there isn't that much work to port over expansions with all the infrastructure from the base game already in place. Wouldn't it be just artwork and rule changes?

I am sure I am just speaking out of naivety.
For some reason it just takes them forever to do stuff. I wanna invest in the company so they can hire more people or whatever they need to roll things out faster. :p

AirBrian

There seems to be a mass influx of new players in the last couple of weeks. Just think what'll happen when a) the price drops and/or b) the expansions come out. Should be good times!

cwmartin

Alright! App purchased, account made!

Quote for Email as usual. I've never played a Carc game in my life, lets see how it goes! :)

AirBrian

cwmartin said:

Quote for Email as usual. I've never played a Carc game in my life, lets see how it goes! :)

Welcome!

And done! (And if you don't see it, check your spam/junk folder.)

cwmartin said:

Sent an invite for a 5 player GAF match. I know 5 can get crazy, but, I try to include as many as I can sometimes.

Jswanko

AstroLad said:
sorry been a bit slow on turns today ... last day of work :p

then next week i'm movin cross country so aia

Haha I always feel bad when games are waiting on me. Think to myself, "Sorry guys Im working!"

Bernbaum

Jswanko said:
Haha I always feel bad when games are waiting on me. Think to myself, "Sorry guys Im working!"
Yep. I've been in meetings, and the iPhones has beeped out a Carc notification. I try to puncual, really!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bernbaum said:
Yep. I've been in meetings, and the iPhones has beeped out a Carc notification. I try to puncual, really!
Just in case you guys didn't know, you can turn off the sound aka creepy-voice guy for notifications from the settings menu.

Jswanko

AstroLad said:
Just in case you guys didn't know, you can turn off the sound aka creepy-voice guy for notifications from the settings menu.

Haha yeah after I started playing a ton of GAF games that became a must. Id be at my computer at 3am and that freaking voice would scare the shit out of me.

quabba

Well thanks to this thread and the great tutorial videos I bought this and played my first couple of games on the ipad. I think i'll just wait for gamecenter before I get my ass whooped by any of you.

AstroLad said:

The first time I heard it, it creeped me out so bad. *why is my iPad talking to me?*

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just caught up on a bunch of turns. Pologies house huntin down here.

Ticket to Ride iOS? sweeeet. iPad only? boourns. take a lesson from carc, fuckers.

pilonv1

Acheivements in my Carcassonne? wheeeeeeeeeee

Also I loved Ticket To Ride on XBLA. If it's on iOS with asynch play like this I will be all over it.

edit: iPad only? You morons.

AirBrian

Well Carc is listed in my updates, but it's showing the last updated dated 12/21. I'm assuming the real update is imminent!

EDIT: It's fixed now. GO! GO! GO!

AirBrian

Hmm, it crashes back to the Home screen about 3 seconds on the main page (while it's loading it seems). I've cleared out my multitask apps, rebooted, and hard rebooted. My last alternative is to delete the app and reinstall.

Games are saved in magicland, right? So if I reinstall I won't lose them?

EDIT: I'm still getting notifications on games too, it's just the damn app won't load. :-(

Gatekeeper said:
GC= TopDeckHobbies

This is the first time I've ever really tried using it, but is game center always this annoying/empty? It shows I have 16 gc games on the home screen, but nothing shows up under the games tab and nothing in what looks to be display slots for my top gc games. No way to view all cheevos. No friend requests come through or show any pending. Awful first impression.

Edit: Also trying to view account and I get Http/1.1 Service Unavailable.

AirBrian

OK, deleted the app and reinstalled. All my Internet games are back, but it looks like I lost my Solitaire games and high scores. Maybe they'll come back after I sync my iPhone. :-(

Let's keep a list going for GC...it'll be much easier to keep track of who's who. So far...

GAF | GameCenter

AirBrian | AirBrian
CzarTim | CzarTim
Gatekeeper | TopDeckHobbies
jon bones | jon bones
Kryten | Studs Ramrod
Powersphere | Powersphere
swoon | Swoon37

Kryten

Kryten | Studs Ramrod

Need more games - will be moving house soon and my iPhone is going to be the only gaming device I"ll have active :)

Top Bottom