• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AirBrian

GAF | Game Center

AirBrian | AirBrian
AstroLad | AstroLad
Bernbaum | Bernbaum
bigwinnerx | Bigwinnerx
ChackanKun | Chackan
CzarTim | CzarTim
D-Back | close
Dantehemi | dantehemi
Darkflight | Darkflight
DukeSucks | _LOLduke_
EktorPR | EktorOni
Flunkie | Flunkie44
Flynn | Triphibian
Gatekeeper | TopDeckHobbies
Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes
Grifter | risottoball
JeffGreen | Doofaeus
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo | Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo
jon bones | jon bones
Jswanko | Jswanko
Karud | Karud
kryptikjoker | kryptikjoker
Kryptonic | Kryptonic83
Kryten | Studs Ramrod
N Coward Parody | Noel Coward Parody
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Porthos | Porthos
Powersphere | Powersphere
punkypine | punkypine
rc213 | rc213
Rekwest | Rekwest01
roosters93 | jmilo93
swoon | Swoon37
technosteve | ceramicsteve
teebs33 | teebs33
tetrisgrammaton | CENTAURSAUR
Vinterbird | Vinterbird
WillieAames | SlothBear
Yaboosh | Yaboosh

Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

Good games lately with everyone. I try to add a few folks and immediately start up a game with them.

The law of diminishing returns is starting to kick in though. I think i have about 25 active games and my ELO has dropped about 70 points in the process. But, playing for fun, so it's all good.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bigwinnerx said:
Good games lately with everyone. I try to add a few folks and immediately start up a game with them.

The law of diminishing returns is starting to kick in though. I think i have about 25 active games and my ELO has dropped about 70 points in the process. But, playing for fun, so it's all good.
More like Newton's Law heh. I was in a 5P game (which I always do terribly in) and lost like 60 points. :p

Once you get to about 1400 though the losses become more reasonable. It's when you're at 1450+ that they really sting imo. (Not that I really care that much either way but it is fun to see how high you can get it on a nice run until the inevitable single loss -- or God forbid two losses -- that destroys all that.)

swoon

i didn't think anyone would want to be purple and look at me now....YELLOW AND RED.

i have one yellow game where i literally have 4 pity points. sigh.

AirBrian

Yeah, I had originally picked blue but tons of people already used that one, so I switched to yellow. Now everyone has yellow! They need to add some more colors for the expansions.

40 games in and I learned today that I didn't understand field scoring correctly. I thought you scored if you were in a field that touched a city regardless of if you had the most followers/meeples or not. wrong!

I expect this to help my play going forward. :)

pilonv1

Yes this game needs more colours. I can't count the number of times I've screwed my own castle because I thought I was a different colour.

punkypine

Just bought the game

punkypine | punkypine

I Really suck so I'm gonna practice vs ai for a while and learn the rules and stuff before hopping online

Kryten

I won a game! That's the first time that's happened for me with a GAF game :) Now watch me be humiliated from here on out........

punkypine

I'm not quite sure how the solitaire scoreboard works... I go in there and it doesn't seem like any of my games are recorded

Am I missing something here?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
CzarTim said:
Pift. Been there, beaten that.

:p
Oooh I wish it would show your record against each of your friends. Game has so many stats it tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if that's in there somewhere. The greatest rival stuff in single player is very nice; would be nice to see that for online play.

AirBrian

OK, added everyone that posted their Game Center. Sorry for any duplications...it's hard to tell who's already a friend with real names, GAF names, and GC names.

AstroLad said:
Oooh I wish it would show your record against each of your friends. Game has so many stats it tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if that's in there somewhere. The greatest rival stuff in single player is very nice; would be nice to see that for online play.
Exactly what I was thinking! They have to include this in the next update!

AstroLad said:

Very true.

I have about 25 active games-- 12 have 3 moves or left remaining. I want them to end, but, I also like having all those active games!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pilonv1 said:
25? I thought I was doing well with 6-7. Most of them have ended or stalled though :(
lame! are these gaffers? pretty sure nearly every one of the 20 games i'm in is active. looks like 19/20 have had turns taken at least in the past couple days, most today

rc213

Just finished up a couple of games with wins by gobbling up land for the win.

This needs a re-match button, Would be really nice to keep playing when you get a good solid group together.

AirBrian

rc213 said:
Just finished up a couple of games with wins by gobbling up land for the win.

This needs a re-match button, Would be really nice to keep playing when you get a good solid group together.
Another feature I hope gets added in the next update!

Started one with carlosthedwarf and jswanko since they both mentioned other stalled games. Well try to pick up the pace in this one. :)

Kryten

Sorry about any stalls in my turns, it's difficult being in another time zone. I've just tossed out some random invites for more games, I was down to one!

pilonv1

bigwinnerx said:
Started one with carlosthedwarf and jswanko since they both mentioned other stalled games. Well try to pick up the pace in this one. :)

So what did I do? Accidentally hit refuse :(

Refeuse needs an "ARE YOU SURE YES/NO" box

AirBrian said:
GAF | Game Center

AirBrian | AirBrian
AstroLad | AstroLad
Bernbaum | Bernbaum
bigwinnerx | Bigwinnerx
CzarTim | CzarTim
D-Back | close
Darkflight | Darkflight
EktorPR | EktorOni
Flunkie | Flunkie44
Flynn | Triphibian
Grifter | risottoball
JeffGreen | Doofaeus
jon bones | jon bones
Jswanko | Jswanko
Karud | Karud
Kryptonic | Kryptonic83
Kryten | Studs Ramrod
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Porthos | Porthos
punkypine | punkypine
rc213 | rc213
Rekwest | Rekwest01
roosters93 | jmilo93
swoon | Swoon37
teebs33 | teebs33
Vinterbird | Vinterbird
WillieAames | SlothBear
Yaboosh | Yaboosh

Add me to that list!

ChackanKun | Chackan

DukeSucks

AirBrian said:
GAF | Game Center

AirBrian | AirBrian
AstroLad | AstroLad
Bernbaum | Bernbaum
bigwinnerx | Bigwinnerx
ChackanKun | Chackan
CzarTim | CzarTim
D-Back | close
Darkflight | Darkflight
DukeSucks | _LOLduke_
EktorPR | EktorOni
Flunkie | Flunkie44
Flynn | Triphibian
Grifter | risottoball
JeffGreen | Doofaeus
jon bones | jon bones
Jswanko | Jswanko
Karud | Karud
Kryptonic | Kryptonic83
Kryten | Studs Ramrod
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Porthos | Porthos
punkypine | punkypine
rc213 | rc213
Rekwest | Rekwest01
roosters93 | jmilo93
swoon | Swoon37
teebs33 | teebs33
Vinterbird | Vinterbird
WillieAames | SlothBear
Yaboosh | Yaboosh

Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

added myself

airbrian said:
GAF | Game Center

AirBrian | AirBrian
AstroLad | AstroLad
Bernbaum | Bernbaum
bigwinnerx | Bigwinnerx
ChackanKun | Chackan
CzarTim | CzarTim
D-Back | close
Darkflight | Darkflight
DukeSucks | _LOLduke_
EktorPR | EktorOni
Flunkie | Flunkie44
Flynn | Triphibian
Grifter | risottoball
JeffGreen | Doofaeus
jon bones | jon bones
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo | Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo
Jswanko | Jswanko
Karud | Karud
Kryptonic | Kryptonic83
Kryten | Studs Ramrod
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Porthos | Porthos
punkypine | punkypine
rc213 | rc213
Rekwest | Rekwest01
roosters93 | jmilo93
swoon | Swoon37
teebs33 | teebs33
Vinterbird | Vinterbird
WillieAames | SlothBear
Yaboosh | Yaboosh

Open Game Center
On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
View Account (enter password)
Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!
Added myself to the list.

carc had signed me out for no reason or with no warning, so I didn't get any notifications it was my turn. weird.

sorry fellow players.

Top Bottom