• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Grifter

I'm told there's a tourney at PAX where the winner gets a trip to a bigger champ tourney. I don't want to get chained to the Carc area all weekend tho waiting to get called for games. Dunno if that's how it works.

AirBrian

My number of games are getting low...send some invites! I sent some too to my known actives.

Grifter said:
I'm told there's a tourney at PAX where the winner gets a trip to a bigger champ tourney. I don't want to get chained to the Carc area all weekend tho waiting to get called for games. Dunno if that's how it works.
How did you do?

Grifter

i was headed to the final table to compete for a pax badge (the prize). then a guy at our table (that spent the game killing my meeples even tho i was dead last) pointed out that the player behind me in points had a farmed city that swung around some obstacles. those three points put him one ahead of me in score and i was done. scoring overall was questionable and the serious dudes at my last table were pissed that there were both 4- and 3-player tables (that got scored like 4p).

i mad.

TechSamurai

Neo Member
All my games finished...no active games. I have never been without an active game before.

PM me for email, and you will have an newbie to destroy. In the meantime I am sending out some game invites.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sry was out of town and swamped with work recently so went several days without being able to take turns.

they need to release the damn expansions already!!!!!1

KoolKing

Hello all. GAF newbie here (using my first post in this thread, I hope you all appreciate that!). I am already in a couple of games with a handful of you (thanks Astrolad!) but I am always up for more games. PM me for my Carc info.

AirBrian

Sent out some requests. I'm always up for new games!

Jswanko said:
Just picked it up a couple days ago, first time playing. pm me for email.

Edit: Username "Jabe"
Check your junk/spam folder if you didn't get my invite.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sorry if I missed anyone's comments/questions in chat -- I think sometimes it's easy to miss chat messages when you have lots of games going for some reason.

CzarTim

AstroLad said:
Sorry if I missed anyone's comments/questions in chat -- I think sometimes it's easy to miss chat messages when you have lots of games going for some reason.
Yeah, that drives me nuts. I wish it was always on screen.

soldat7

I hereby announce my retirement from Carcassonne, for I have beaten AstroLad (109-103) :)

j/k...Good game! I was biting my nails there at the end.

TechSamurai

Neo Member
To anyone I am currently in a game with:

I had a major iPad crash and had to restore from a month old save. As a result, all my Carc games are not showing up (except for the two that were active a month ago).

I am trying to see if I can do anything about it, but you might want to kick me if possible..sorry!

Edit: Problem resolved with help from devs. (Removed my account, and then added my account back in)

If it's by username I'm bigwinnerx

If email it's bigwinnerx at gmail dot com

Just got it set up on my iPad. Had it on my phone but never opened it much. It's glorious on the iPad!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yaboosh said:
How often do gaf games happen? I am considering buying it, but only really if gaf games get going pretty often.
i have like 10 gaf games going on atm. they don't really "happen" at any scheduled time since they're all asynchronous which is what makes it so great

Pachimari

I'm so close to buying this game if other gaffers don't mind playing with someone who's new to Carcassonne. Wasn't there an intro guide somewhere? Couldn't find it in the OP.

KoolKing

For reference, I currently have five GAF games going, and only one of them includes AstroLad. Considering a lot of games have four players, there is still quite an active player base here.

For newbies, I highy suggest you watch this instructional video. The guy explains the rules in detail with lots of visual representation and repetition. I think it does a better job explaining the game than the in game tutorial, especially concerning scoring of fields.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah i think everyone here loves playing with pretty much anyone

plus i'm not even that good anymore so you don't have to worry about me :p

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
yeah i think everyone here loves playing with pretty much anyone

plus i'm not even that good anymore so you don't have to worry about me :p
I've been winning games!

I need some more going though, so if anyone is setting any up, invite me.

Grifter

I'm still active, but I don't know who to invite to games since it seems most of my list is inactive. Please invite me (risottoball)!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
just need the email b/c the one lame thing about carc is that you can only add friends via email for now. you can pm or post

I crossed the stream of some CAG and GAF guys since I posted my info on both sites. As long as that's cool, I'll probably not keep invites from each site separate.

Thanks for sending me invites and thanks for accepting mine. I have 8 active games right now. I'm enjoying it. Gives me something to look forward to each time I open up my iPad.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ok, I took the plunge and bought it. I look forward to lots of GAF games. I added a few of you that I saw the emails of, but others please add me or post your email address so I can send you a friend invite.

Quote for my email.

Edit:crap, can you not send one invitation to multiple people? Messed that up, whoops.

AirBrian

Yaboosh said:
Ok, I took the plunge and bought it. I look forward to lots of GAF games. I added a few of you that I saw the emails of, but others please add me or post your email address so I can send you a friend invite.

Quote for my email.

Edit:crap, can you not send one invitation to multiple people? Messed that up, whoops.
Send you an invite! Check your spam/junk folder if you don't see it. :)

Top Bottom