• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
when you click on an invite it accepts, you can then reject if you want. you can also start a game before everyone's gotten there if you want. hit gear and pause to see all your ongoing games. "pause" doesn't really pause anything, just takes you to your game menu.

I've played almost exclusively 5 player AI games. I'm not used to seeing player scores go above about 50. My first 2 player and we're both over 100 is throwing me off a bit. :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Five-player games are hilarious. They are like 99% luck but can be a lot of fun. My personal favorite is four.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
typically beautiful 5p city from a game just now

dyVrE.png

And my naive eyes look at that and say, "yep, that's all we know.". I've always just taken it to be that the games are frazzled messes.

My game against Jabe that just ended was my first completed with only 2 people.

Flynn

AirBrian said:
But there are also lots of 5 player games where the board has been clean. This game is just an utter mess! :lol

Playing online two player has programmed me to play to block and creep on other castles when I can.

Pachimari

Finally caved in and I would say I understand the rules totally after watching the YouTube tutorial. Anyone up for some games and wann add me as a friend? Just send me a pb, I'll reply. =)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
drop me your email and i'll send you a couple invites.

what's a few more games on top of the 25 i have going right now?

KoolKing

Someone posted this article over at BGG. The dev states:
"“We've made good progress with the first expansions. Right now we're finishing up our Game Center Update - due in a few weeks - that will make it easier to play against your friends and find new ones. It will also add achievements and more highscore lists. After that we'll work on getting the first expansion polished and make sure it plays well.”
“We'll try to follow the original release order of the board game extensions and plan to include expansions if they work on the platform (including some or all of the mini-expansions)."

No word on any release date but at least it's an update.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn, sounds really exciting.

i could play the base game on iOS forever (and i have been), but the expansions are going to add some fantastic twists to our games

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
CzarTim said:
Hella excited.

Think it'll be free?

Not a chance. Hopefully it is reasonable though. I would guess .99 for the River expansions and 2-5 for more substantial ones. It will suck how it fragments everybody though.

The Gamecenter addition will be awesome though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hmm i really can't see them charging that much. honestly wouldn't be totally surprised if they were free. i mean the game has always been $10 which is a fair price, and this would be a nice way to draw in new people. guess we'll see

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
AstroLad said:
hmm i really can't see them charging that much. honestly wouldn't be totally surprised if they were free. i mean the game has always been $10 which is a fair price, and this would be a nice way to draw in new people. guess we'll see

From their store page:

What about Expansions?

The app includes the base tile set, but we are working on expansions as in-app purchases

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ah ok.

the GC support will definitely attract lots of new players. i remember people in the iOS thread a year ago saying they were waiting on GC support.

as to the expansions, i hope they are $1-2. i mean i'd pay more but i don't think the gaf playerbase (which is what i care about) would be big enough at a much higher price

Jonnyram

Awesome news.
I dunno, I think a lot of the GAF Carc. regulars will end up buying these.
Christ, it feels like I'm playing this 24/7 as it is :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well Day One for my wife, me, and our friends here. I'll be thrilled even just to get Farmers & Builders or Inns & Cathedrals. But also to try out some of the goofier expansions that I haven't busted out in tabletop yet. Wonder what the release schedule will be.

Bernbaum

Yeah good game, Astrolad and Roosters. I thought my unopposed farmer would get me through, to no avail, but it was a good tight game regardless.

My # active games has moved into single digits. And my previous and current opponents will agree I'm an ELO raiser! :) Bigwinnerx at gmail dot com

Grifter

sent you and yaboosh invites (from risottoball). gotta get you guys into the swing of things before the updates actually come and change everyone's lives!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
tetrisgrammaton said:
I'm really considering trying this. How long will it take me to learn? And will you guys play with me?
It is one of the easiest euro games to learn. Not sure how the tutorial is, but there are tons of videos online that will teach you.

DukeSucks

just sent out some PMs to some of you that I don't think I have added yet. If I missed anyone, send me a message.

hopefully I didn't send any duplicates :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I have like 60 gaffers on my friends list and need to pare down. If any of you folks are still playing, please post or let me know (i'll even invite you to a game :p):

19Kilo
Aesthetic
Asmodejan
attractivetb
brakara
brian
centracore
dirtbag
dutchcourage
ermac
fingil
gohoosiers
justins
kennah
king gene
laserbot
meatpuppet
noel coward parody
painted
relcom
remy
robert ashley
slacker
stantron
swoon
undeux
zissou

Bernbaum

Apologies to anyone who has sent me a PM or an email request in the last few weeks. I'll get back to you all real soon!

(there are a lot of you)

centracore

AstroLad said:
So I have like 60 gaffers on my friends list and need to pare down. If any of you folks are still playing, please post or let me know (i'll even invite you to a game :p):

I'm still playing and would to be invited to some more GAF games!

Jswanko

So psyched for GC and expansions, my iPad has basically become my Carc machine. Been in a lot of great games lately, lets keep it up!

Add me if you're not friends with "Jabe"

Quote for email

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jswanko said:
So psyched for GC and expansions, my iPad has basically become my Carc machine. Been in a lot of great games lately, lets keep it up!
Yeah I am really enjoying this Carc renaissance. Knowing how fun GAF games are, and how great several of the expansions are, I'm really excited for those.

rc213

(rc213 ingame)Quote for email

So glad to have my iPad back in my hands, Had a few games that looked stuck but seem to be moving right along. Weird.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
not hard at all. the game is a classic euro in that it is easy to learn and presents very little barrier to entry. has depth to strategy but also enough flexibility to make it so that new players can easily compete with veterans once they've learned the basic rules and tiles (basically a handful of games in).

instructional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kakQvPIKyPY&sns=em

Top Bottom