• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Grifter

Jonnyram said:
Heh, go easy, it's the middle of the day in Japan, so he's probably not seen his iPad for the last 16 hours.
Oh, I wasn't trying to sound harsh. Tho it's been a few days. Do you guys tend to cancel those stalled invite games or just start short-handed?

DukeSucks

I usually start shorthanded after giving it a few days since I don't know if someone might not play the game anymore.

I do wish hitting next table would take you to the game invite screen too if you have an open invitation. I'm sure I've held up some new games occasionally because a lot of times I'll jump in and play my turns and forgetting to check invites.

Gaspode_T

Yeah I must have not noticed it because I was playing every day lately (or there was no badge for an invite??), should be squared away now :)

elfinke

Hmm, I'm in a game with 3 other gaffers (JonnyR, TRUTony and Porthos), and while multi tasking between sms's and Carc, a Gamecentre message popped up. I was swiping about the place and completely missed what it said (aside from 'could not connect to Gamecentre'), but I'm pretty certain I hit 'remove', rather than whatever the other option is. Now I can't see the game I was it, nor can I 'resume' it.

Did I inadvertently remove myself from that game?

:(

5qLTH.png

Bloody TRUTony is the cathedral king.

Gaspode_T

I have some sort of worry when pressing "Pause Game" to go back to main menu...they should change the wording if it doesn't actually pause the game...(for everyone)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gaspode_T said:
I have some sort of worry when pressing "Pause Game" to go back to main menu...they should change the wording if it doesn't actually pause the game...(for everyone)
yeah it should just say game list or something

elfinke

It seems I merely temporarily removed my link between Carc and Gamecentre. If you click on the GC icon within Carc the game will sort it's shit out (but not that Japanese steak synthesized from human faeces...) and I'm back in the game. Phew.

punkypine

I now have way more time to play so if anyone wants a player that makes their moves fairly quickly, feel free to invite me
Name in game is also punkypine

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so started a new job on monday and can't find my itouch now! :p will find it but "bear" with me for my late turns recently

pilonv1

Jonnyram said:
Ahhh, my ELO is freefalling as a number of games come to a close lol

Mine is reaching 1300! Interestingly enough it's happening as I play you less

My active games are growing slim though

So how should I go about getting in on some of these games? Should I just try to add everyone or should I just put my GC tag out there and get people to add me?

AirBrian

Nobiru said:
So how should I go about getting in on some of these games? Should I just try to add everyone or should I just put my GC tag out there and get people to add me?
Either is good! Usually as soon as you put your name out there, you'll get some invites. And a few of us always "spam" newcomers!

AirBrian

Updated.

GAF | Game Center

AirBrian | AirBrian
AstroLad | AstroLad
Bernbaum | Bernbaum
bigwinnerx | Bigwinnerx
ChackanKun | Chackan
CzarTim | CzarTim
D-Back | close
Dantehemi | dantehemi
Darkflight | Darkflight
DukeSucks | _LOLduke_
EktorPR | EktorOni
elfinke | elfinke
Flunkie | Flunkie44
Flynn | Triphibian
Gaspode_T | Gaspode-TWD
Gatekeeper | TopDeckHobbies
Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes
Grifter | risottoball
JeffGreen | Doofaeus
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo | Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo
jon bones | jon bones
Jswanko | Jswanko
Karud | Karud
kennah | kenchuk
kryptikjoker | kryptikjoker
Kryptonic | Kryptonic83
Kryten | Studs Ramrod
N Coward Parody | Noel Coward Parody
Nobiru | Ray.Spencer
Noreturn | Noreturn
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Porthos | Porthos
Powersphere | Powersphere
punkypine | punkypine
rc213 | rc213
Rekwest | Rekwest01
roosters93 | jmilo93
swoon | Swoon37
technosteve | ceramicsteve
teebs33 | teebs33
tetrisgrammaton | CENTAURSAUR
Vinterbird | Vinterbird
WillieAames | SlothBear
Yaboosh | Yaboosh

Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

Gaspode_T

When I got home yesterday I saw that my 5 year old son had somehow found Carcassonne and was playing the single player mode (he laid out 50+ tiles in a cool looking town), so at least now I have an excuse if I am losing games I can blame it on him. Actually literally if I am making any moves from 10am Japan time to 10pm Japan time it is probably him somehow finding the Internet section LOL

pilonv1 said:
I see this is Game Of The Week in the app store for Australia. Didn't realise it was AU$12.99 though!

Mmm iTunes and the App Store are the biggest rips considering the value of our dollar atm. :/

Apologies if anyone is waiting for games with me, iOS5 Beta 2 breaks Carc so I can't load it for more than a second, I may roll back my pad to Beta 1 tomorrow so I can play games there, means I'll be slower as my phone is staying Beta 2 unless I find that it's too unusable.

Jonnyram

Darkflight said:
Apologies if anyone is waiting for games with me, iOS5 Beta 2 breaks Carc so I can't load it for more than a second, I may roll back my pad to Beta 1 tomorrow so I can play games there, means I'll be slower as my phone is staying Beta 2 unless I find that it's too unusable.
Why are people installing beta OS on their everyday machine? :S

rc213

My games are drying up as well with most of month old games finally crawled past the finish line.

I will probably start a bunch tomorrow.

Darkflight said:

I put beta 2 on all my iOS devices before I realised this too. :/
Currently six games are waiting on me, eep.
I guess I'll downgrade my iPad to beta 1 too.

New update:
What's New in Version 2.31
FIXED
• Fixed layout in the Resume Game screen

IMPROVED
• Improved stability
• Improved compatibility with upcoming iOS releases
• Improved startup behavior
Working so far on iOS5 Beta 2 on my 4.

I just started up about 20 games. Apologies if you got doubles, I really didn't pay much mind to who got them. Though I did leave the high elos mostly alone unless or until I work myself up to high 1300s again.

AirBrian

bigwinnerx said:
I just started up about 20 games. Apologies if you got doubles, I really didn't pay much mind to who got them. Though I did leave the high elos mostly alone unless or until I work myself up to high 1300s again.
Just remember that when you beat someone with a much higher ELO, your ELO gets a nice bonus! :)

(And opposite for the high ELOers!)

Top Bottom